Windows 10: How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

Discus and support How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen. For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by zbook, Nov 25, 2019.

1. zbook Win User

How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen.

For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one registry change using a windows 10 iso command prompt?

If more than one registry entry is modified how do you backup and restore a second change?

In addition to modifying one or two commands how do you backup and restore the whole registry when the only access is via a windows 10 iso command prompt?

:)

zbook, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

commands in command prompt

Many of the commands one can use in Command Prompt go back to the days of DOS/Disk Operating System. An example of how to use switches in chkdsk can be seen by typing chkdsk /? at the command prompt. There's a number of Web pages about the commands found by a Search:
    dos commands list at DuckDuckGo
    Some pages aimed at Win10:
    windows 10 commands for command prompt at DuckDuckGo

Berton, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt - Similar Threads - backup restore registry

2. How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt: In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen. For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one registry change using a windows 10 iso command prompt? If more than one registry entry is modified how do you backup and...
  3. Search using the Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Search using the Command Prompt: Hi - I need a bit of help but it cannot be too technical as I don't understand half of what I read in these threads*Confused My computer will not boot into Windows 10 (10.0.18302.356) but it does get so far as a Recovery Screen which tells me that a critical system driver is...
  4. How to restore using windows.old using command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore using windows.old using command prompt: After the last win 10 update in october 2018 my Asus Laptop (with 32gig eMMC ) crashed and it will only boot to the Bios . I had to format the C: partition. The X: partition has the operating system ( I guess) I managed to get the command prompt I see the windows.old backup...
  5. How to Restrict CD/Floppy Access with Registry Keys and Command Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Restrict CD/Floppy Access with Registry Keys and Command Prompt: As the title says, I need help finding the proper registry key to disable CD/Floppy Access for Locally Logged on Users under Security Options (Local Security Policies). I'm currently using the "reg add" command in a batch file, but I am unable to change the setting from "Not...
  6. Command Prompt and Registry Editor

Command Prompt and Registry Editor: My Windows PC is showing this problem 1. I typed cmd.exe in the cortana search box. 2. Then when I right-clicked the Command Prompt app and selected "Run as Administrator", it is giving that it is not a verified publisher. Also this problem 1. When I try to run Registry...
  7. Command for Command Prompt restoring missing file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command for Command Prompt restoring missing file: Hey i saw your post about how you can boot into Command Prompt and push to restore the file, do you have that command still??...
  8. How to backup and restore the Windows Registry

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to backup and restore the Windows Registry: Quick Jump What is the registry? Why backup the registry? Wait, can’t I just copy all the files as I would usually do to backup files? Method 1: Backing up and restoring the registry using the Registry Editor (not recommended) Method 2: Backing up the registry using System...
  9. How do I uninstall McAfee software using only Command Prompt?

How do I uninstall McAfee software using only Command Prompt?: Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums. I am currently having issues rebooting my PC after trying to install the McAfee Internet Security on my computer. The PC will not reboot and I still have files on my desktop which I need to recover before resetting my PC. This will...
  10. How to boot to a command prompt in Win10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to boot to a command prompt in Win10 ?: Tapping F8 or spacebar doesn't do anything ? I want to boot to command prompt only. I need to rename my user folder, in an attempt to get it named correctly, after the clean upgrade decided to drop the last character, which now gives me a girls name.. lol Doing it...