Windows 10: How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt

Discus and support How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to make a file get executed automatically as admin through command prompt or powershell? Lets say there is a file.exe and I want to tick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by randomdude11, Oct 20, 2018.

1. randomdude11 Win User

How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt

Is there a way to make a file get executed automatically as admin through command prompt or powershell?
    Lets say there is a file.exe and I want to tick that box that says "execute as administrator" without right clicking the file and doing it through the user interface.
    Which Windows binary does that?
    I'm new on windows. I've been using GNU systems since I was 13 and I'm totally lost now that I need Windows.

HALP.

:)

randomdude11, Oct 20, 2018
  2. Outlaw Win User

Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ?

Outlaw, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Thema:

1. How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt - Similar Threads - change file's permission

2. Potential Bug: Accessing GPO blocked command prompt through PowerShell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential Bug: Accessing GPO blocked command prompt through PowerShell: GPO is used to block CMD being run and trying results in "Disabled by administrator" or similar. A user can still access PowerShell though, as it's usually needed for logon scripts, and then type "cmd" and it will again say "Disabled by administrator". If however, the...
  3. How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt: Is there a way to make a file get executed automatically as admin through command prompt or powershell? Lets say there is a file.exe and I want to tick that box that says "execute as administrator" without right clicking the file and doing it through the user interface....
  4. Difference between Windows PowerShell and Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between Windows PowerShell and Command Prompt: Don't these programs do essentially the same thing? Is there an advantage to use one over the other? Just curious. 119910
  5. Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell": Hi! I'm using Windows 10 version 1807, In this version, the option "Open in Command Prompt" fully removed from Explorer, in "File" menu and [Shift]+[Right Click] menu, And there's no option to get it back in Settings, only there's an option for [Alt]+[X] menu. I have to...
  6. Command for Command Prompt restoring missing file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command for Command Prompt restoring missing file: Hey i saw your post about how you can boot into Command Prompt and push to restore the file, do you have that command still??...
  7. IP Geolocation via Command Prompt\Powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Geolocation via Command Prompt\Powershell: Hello, I'm looking for a way to check PC's IP Geolocation by using command prompt or powershell (no scripts). I hope there are some experts here who can help me out. I have found a very easy to do it on UNIX systems but my main machines will be Windows 7/8.1/10 based....
  8. Command Prompt Experimental changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Experimental changes: Anyone figured out a use for the Opacity setting for Command Prompt on the Experimental tab? I've tried it at many different settings and I just can't see a use for it. 2127
  9. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240