Windows 10: How to change a .ica file default app

Discus and support How to change a .ica file default app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good morning, I'm trying to open a .ica file in Microsoft edge and by accident I chose internet explorer. Now I'am stuck and cannot open my work vpn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WalterKushner, May 12, 2020.

1. How to change a .ica file default app

Good morning,

I'm trying to open a .ica file in Microsoft edge and by accident I chose internet explorer. Now I'am stuck and cannot open my work vpn network files. I have the correct app installed but can not access it because its not in the Microsoft store. When I go to settings under default apps, I chose "Choose default apps by file type" I went to .ica and internet explorer is my only option. My question is how do I set it back to nothing or associate it with the correct citrix receiver app.

Thank you

:)

WalterKushner, May 12, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

How to change a .ica file default app [​IMG]

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

3. dalchina Win User
    How to change default app for file type

@Bree - yes, I'm quite aware of this thanks, but as you will see it's missing. I recall reading that clicking the dialogue at a certain point in blank space made it appear, and trying that once successfully, but doesn't seem to help now. Plenty of other similar reports of this option being missing.

'Fix' described here: (essentially unassociate the extension)
    Windows 10 "Always use this app" checkbox missing - Super User

dalchina, May 12, 2020
  4. How to change a .ica file default app

Cannot dissociate Internet Explorer from .ica file

I associated .ica by error to Internet Explorer. Citrix Receiver Client should be the default program to open .ica files. Even though it is installed on my computer. When I try to change the default program by type - it only gives me a choice of Internet
    Explorer or from the Store - I have already the installed program.

Please advice.

Rickyrock2288, May 12, 2020
Thema:

How to change a .ica file default app

1. How to change a .ica file default app - Similar Threads - change ica file

2. The JVDI is not seeing the ICA file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The JVDI is not seeing the ICA file.: The JVDI is not seeing the ICA file. This is happening after a Citrix upgrade. How do I fix "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\ICA Client" no Install in the path before the ICA Client....
  3. The JVDI is not seeing the ICA file.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The JVDI is not seeing the ICA file.: The JVDI is not seeing the ICA file. This is happening after a Citrix upgrade. How do I fix "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\ICA Client" no Install in the path before the ICA Client....
  4. How to change default apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change default apps: How do I fix the bug where default 2023 programmes never appear in this dialogue and choosing them manually using the more apps option doesn't change a thing. This has been affecting Adobe users for a year now, and other software for more than a year and despite multiple...
  5. How to change default apps

How to change default apps: How do I fix the bug where default 2023 programmes never appear in this dialogue and choosing them manually using the more apps option doesn't change a thing. This has been affecting Adobe users for a year now, and other software for more than a year and despite multiple...
  6. How to change the default app for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the default app for .pdf files: I'll use F as shorthand for one of my .pdf apps. I'll use P as shorthand for the other .pdf app. I prefer not to use the names of apps that compete with one another. P is currently the default app for .pdf files. I want to change the default to F.Then I scroll down the list...
  7. How to change the default app for .pdf files

How to change the default app for .pdf files: I'll use F as shorthand for one of my .pdf apps. I'll use P as shorthand for the other .pdf app. I prefer not to use the names of apps that compete with one another. P is currently the default app for .pdf files. I want to change the default to F.Then I scroll down the list...
  8. How to change the default app for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to change default app for file type

How to change default app for file type: I'm trying to change app that handles .jpg file types on my system from default "photos" to Windows Media player(just because I like better it looks:)) and despite fact that WMP is installed and handles other file types - [img] , I still can't choose it from the windows...
  10. How to change default app for file type

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change default app for file type: I'm trying to change app that handles .jpg file types on my system from default "photos" to Windows Media player(just because I like better it looks:)) and despite fact that WMP is installed and handles other file types, I still can't choose it from the windows default app...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot