Windows 10: How to change accent color?

Discus and support How to change accent color? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Forum I read on the internet that you can add your own custom accent color thru the registry. I did that but it didn't change my accents in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by D0M1N13, Jan 21, 2017.

1. D0M1N13 Win User

How to change accent color?

Hi Forum

I read on the internet that you can add your own custom accent color thru the registry. I did that but it didn't change my accents in the start menu or on the log off screen. I was wondering is there any other way of changing or forcing windows to accept your custom accent color? The custom color I want is black. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

D0M1N13, Jan 21, 2017

2. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

That seems to hint that this is one bug affecting both the accent and theme changes then, doesn't it? Depending on how the systems are set up, whether the themes were switching the background or some other program causing the accent to change.

Or maybe certain themes are linked to the accent coding and turn it on regardless of the user setting?

John G.D.Beardsley, Jan 21, 2017
  3. Automatic Accent colors.

Accent color does not change automatically with wallpaper transition even when option "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" is set to do so. But opening personalization settings act as reminding OS
    to change color even when I does not change any setting. It must change automatically.

How to solve this problem?

AachmanMittal, Jan 21, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jan 21, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    There's just too many areas where it becomes impractical, the system just won't allow it;
    'bout as close as you can get:

How to change accent color? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 21, 2017
  6. D0M1N13 Win User
    Hi Edwin !

That is exactly what I want. All those accents in the start menu to turn that color... and the log off screen too. May you please tell me how did you do that?

D0M1N13, Jan 22, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    @D0M1N13

Windows 10 Color Control: HERE

Choose whatever color you want. (Choose both on W10CC but turn the two off in Settings, you'll see why if you play around with it!)

How to change accent color? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 22, 2017
  8. D0M1N13 Win User

@Edwin

Thank you so much ! That color that you have, well that dark gray, but its as good as it will get. The aesthetics fits perfectly for my Black Windows theme... so loving it. Again thank you ! I heard that with the new Creators Update Microsoft will be releasing in a couple of months, there will be more accent colors added, but probably black won't be on the list, just guessing. But will have to wait and find out. *Smile

D0M1N13, Jan 22, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    It's actually present in IP Build 15014, but you may have to force it...

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 for PC and Mobile

Edwin, Jan 22, 2017
  10. D0M1N13 Win User
    D0M1N13, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change accent color? - Similar Threads - change accent color

2. How to remove / change Accent Color in High Contrast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove / change Accent Color in High Contrast: I have Windows 11 - Because of my vision I need High Contrast White on Black Never had an issue with Windows 10. I can change the theme to "Dark Sky" or create my own. Howver the link "Accent Colors" is never available to me even after selecting "normal" default theme. The...
  3. Accent color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accent color: I opened the start menu tonight and almost the entire thing was full of yellow boxes. This is the first time this happened and I want it to go away. After some research I found out that it was called Accent./ I changed it to grey for now but I want it to match my start menu...
  4. How to change accent color through registry editor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change accent color through registry editor?: Hello! I've seen many tutorials on how to change different parts of of unactivated windows through the registry editor. Whenever I try to find anything about the accent colors, I see stuff about how to add custom accent colors, however, I haven't been able to learn how to...
  5. Accent colors changing

Accent colors changing: I use three PC's on a daily basis. Each has its own keyboard and mouse. Periodically each of the three will change the accent colour of the taskbar without input from me. I find this frustrating because I use colour for each computer set-up - so the accent colour, and...
  6. Cannot change accent color on Windows 10. Stuck at pink accent color!

Cannot change accent color on Windows 10. Stuck at pink accent color!: Hi, on my Windows 10 new PC, the color theme is stuck at a pink accent color. When I go to Settings -> Colors -> Choose your accent color, whenever I check another color, the pink one is still checked and the color does not change. Why is it doing this? I've read other posts...
  7. Accent Color

Accent Color: [ATTACH] Hello guys, actually I'm using UXtheme patcher to apply theme for my windows.. but the problem is, when I change the accent color, the background color of text at titlebar also changed. Can anyone suggest some solutions? Thank you...
  8. Accent Color

Accent Color: I just changed my keyboard and mouse and NOW everything is HOT PINK. The color chart on my colors does NOT have the right color that matches the description of what actual color it is - attaching a screen shot. I do NOT want HOT PINK! And the sky on my themes changed from...
  9. How To Enable Smooth Accent Color Change

How To Enable Smooth Accent Color Change: Hello, I have a Slideshow of pictures on my Desktop that changes every 1 minute. I have enabled this certain option: Settings -> Personalization -> Colors -> "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" checkbox checked. Yet there are two issues with this...
  10. Accent color keeps changing by itself

Accent color keeps changing by itself: I am experiencing a very strange issue with my color, ever since the November update it keeps changing on its own. It happens after every reboot, and after about 24 hours of being on, the color changes to this ugly pumpkin orange. At first I thought they just changed it when...