Windows 10: how to change account from a member account to an administrator account type?

Discus and support how to change account from a member account to an administrator account type? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; how do I change my MS account to an administrator account?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JOHNFRANZ3, Aug 4, 2019.

1. how to change account from a member account to an administrator account type?

how do I change my MS account to an administrator account?

:)

JOHNFRANZ3, Aug 4, 2019
  2. lowdown Win User

Types of Administrator Accounts

Followed your suggestion and went to command prompt net localgroup administrator and I am administrator. Still don't have it thru my thick skull about groups, users, standard but you have been my best help by far.
    Couple of quick things for now. Windows suggest using a standard account for daily use. When I make that switch does my name have to be different and I put a space in my or computer's name that should be fixed? I used my first and last name.

lowdown, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Unable to change my account type to Administrator and cant create a new account.

Hi Aadil,

I suggest you to activate Default Administrator and try creating a new Account with Administrative privileges. Try the below steps and check if you can create a new Account.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin).

• Type the following command and hit
      Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

Now, sign out from the current account and you will be able to see a new Administrator account. Sign in to the new Administrator Account and you may create
    a new user account
    with administrative privileges. You can also change the current local user account to Administrator Account. Follow the below steps to change the current local user account to Administrator Account.

• Begin by right-clicking the
      Start Icon of Windows, then click Control Panel.

• Then under User Accounts and Family Safety, click
      Change Account Type.

• Then choose the account you wish to change, and double-click it.

• Then click on Change Account Type.

• Then choose the Account Type you want the user to be, you can choose between Standard and Administrator.

• Click on Change Account Type.

After creating the new user account or changing the current account to Administrator Account, use the following command at the command prompt (as mentioned above) to disable the default administrator account:

net user administrator /active:no

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

how to change account from a member account to an administrator account type?

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown how to change account from a member account to an administrator account type? :(

Zakin, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

how to change account from a member account to an administrator account type?

1. how to change account from a member account to an administrator account type? - Similar Threads - change account member

2. How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.: Hi,So I had given my pc for some repairs and the data had to be wiped off. So when I got my pc back there was a administrator account named 'Asus' as the main account for my pc. So how can I change the type and the name.Thank you...
  3. How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.: Hi,So I had given my pc for some repairs and the data had to be wiped off. So when I got my pc back there was a administrator account named 'Asus' as the main account for my pc. So how can I change the type and the name.Thank you...
  4. How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change from standard account to an administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from standard account to an administrator account: Hi, I accidentally changed my one and only admin account on windows 8.1 to a regular account guest. Now, I can't make any changes to user accounts, only admin account users can do that. How do I fix this?...
  6. How to change from standard account to an administrator account

How to change from standard account to an administrator account: Hi, I accidentally changed my one and only admin account on windows 8.1 to a regular account guest. Now, I can't make any changes to user accounts, only admin account users can do that. How do I fix this?...
  7. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  8. how to change from administrator account to standard account

how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  9. how to change from administrator account to standard account

10. Change Account type from Administrator to Standard

Change Account type from Administrator to Standard: How do I change Account type from Administrator to Standard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-account-type-from-administrator-to-standard/0bb78dea-dd6e-4e42-b949-ff40def4d648