Windows 10: How to change Chrome internet shortcut icons

Discus and support How to change Chrome internet shortcut icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, I will try to explain in as much detail about exactly what I am trying to do with minimum confusion. I have 3 chrome internet shortcut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GreenTenUser710, Aug 24, 2016.

1. How to change Chrome internet shortcut icons

Hi guys, I will try to explain in as much detail about exactly what I am trying to do with minimum confusion.

I have 3 chrome internet shortcut icons on my desktop which lead to Netflix, Hulu and Youtube.

I would like to change these 3 shortcuts (from the chrome icon) to display a Netflix, Hulu and Youtube icon (respectively)

I already have files to replace the original chrome shortcut icon with, I just cannot figure out how to do it

I have been searching far too long for such a little change, please help *Sad *Banghead

:)

GreenTenUser710, Aug 24, 2016

2. Pinning My Visual Studio to start gives a Google Chrome icon

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1. How exactly are you trying to pin the program to the Start?

2. Is the issue specific to Home My Visual Studio application?

3. Are you trying to pin the program or internet shortcut?

If you create an internet shortcut, which is saving a web link as a shortcut on the computer, it is created with the
    default browser icon. So if you are trying to add an internet shortcut, the icon will be a Google Chrome logo, as it is your default browser.

I suggest you to try uninstalling and reinstalling Google Chrome and check if it helps.

Refer the link below for steps to reinstall a program.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/uninstall-change-program

(Applies to Windows 10)

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 24, 2016
  3. le_flyer Win User
    Internet Shortcuts turned into a Globe instead of site icon

The internet shortcut is the icon for the website. for example If I create a shortcut to a YouTube Video I would like to return to at a later date, the icon shows as a "globe". For example all of my YouTube video shortcuts changed to a Globe. This does
    not occur on all icons.

How do I recover the correct icon?

le_flyer, Aug 24, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

How to change Chrome internet shortcut icons

essenbe, Aug 24, 2016
  5. Thank you essenbe, this is not exactly what I wanted to do, but it will actually work better

What I did was create folders with the N, H, and Yt icons and put shortcuts to the windows store applications as well as chrome shortcuts.

How to change Chrome internet shortcut icons [​IMG]

Thank you for the help, I hope this could help someone in the future as well.

GreenTenUser710, Aug 24, 2016
  6. SonicBlue Win User
    Right click the shortcut select Properties then under the "Web Document" tab you should see a change Icon button.

SonicBlue, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to change Chrome internet shortcut icons

1. How to change Chrome internet shortcut icons - Similar Threads - change Chrome internet

2. Changed shortcut icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changed shortcut icon.: Hello, I have just had a strange experience with my desktop icons. All my dektop shortcuts had their little arrow icon changed into a black character with a waving hand on a white background. It covered most of the icon behind it. However after I reset Windows Explorer, the...
  3. Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar?

Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar?: I have a bunch of websites "saved as shortcuts" from Chrome, and pinned to taskbar. But I would like to customize the taskbar icons, e.g., to distinguish Outlook Mail from Calendar:...
  4. Changing a Shortcut Icon

Changing a Shortcut Icon: I'd like to change the icon of a Google docs shortcut from the standard Microsoft Edge logo to the actual Google docs logo. Is this possible, as if so how do I do this? Thank you...
  5. Shortcut icons change

Shortcut icons change: My PC has crashed on reboot. I had to turn it off by pressing and holding the power button. Then I turned on my PC but the shortcut icons have changed. They have an arrow now. But my computer is working without any other problems...
  6. Internet shortcuts have changed

in Browsers and Email
    Internet shortcuts have changed: Hi everyone, since I reinstalled/updated my Windows 10, the appearance of my internet shortcuts have changed. [img] The left icon is what they used to look like, the right one is a newly created one. The one in the middle was created before the reinstallation. How can...
  7. Internet shortcuts have changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet shortcuts have changed: Hi everyone, since I reinstalled/updated my Windows 10, the appearance of my internet shortcuts have changed. [img] The left icon is what they used to look like, the right one is a newly created one. The one in the middle was created before the reinstallation. How can...
  8. Is there a way to change all internet shortcut icons at once?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to change all internet shortcut icons at once?: Instead of going to each one and changing it that way. I need a faster method. 139627
  9. Changing the default icon for an internet shortcut is not universal

Changing the default icon for an internet shortcut is not universal: I have used the usual route to changing a default icon in "Properties" for internet shortcut(s). However, changing one file icon strangely does not change all the rest. Is this a bug? Is there a workround? 15825
  10. Shortcut icons keep changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut icons keep changing: Shortcuts used to be indicated by a fairly unobtrusive arrow in the corner. A few days ago they changed to an overly visible white arrow in a green circle in the lower middle of the program icon. Then they changed to a gray X in the corner. Now they're back to the arrow in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change internet shortcut icon

2. microsoft icons changed to Chrome icons