Windows 10: How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium

Discus and support How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium

How to: How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium

Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web compatibility and performance.

Microsoft has also introduced a new Microsoft Edge logo that is designed to capture the waves of innovation that they plan to bring to you.

Currently, the new Chromium based Microsoft Edge web browser is only available to download and install as a Microsoft Edge Insider. General availability to the public is expected to be on January 15, 2020 in more than 90 languages.

The new Microsoft Edge will be supported on all versions of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server (2016 and above), Windows Server (2008 R2 to 2012 R2), and macOS.

See also:
    Microsoft Edge will save items you want to download into your C:\Users\<username>\Downloads (%UserProfile%\Downloads) folder by default.

This tutorial will show you how to change the downloads folder default location for where to save in the Chromium based Microsoft Edge.

Here's How:

1 Open Microsoft Edge.

2 Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+F) 3 dots menu icon, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium [​IMG]

3 Click/tap on Downloads in the left pane, and click/tap on the Change button on the right side for the Downloads location. (see screenshot below)

If you do not see a left pane, then widen the horizontal borders of the Microsoft Edge window until you do.

4 Select the location (ex: folder or drive) you want as the default download location to save into, and click/tap on Select Folder. (see screenshot below)

5 You can now close the Settings tab in Microsoft Edge if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 1, 2018

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Change default Downloads folder in Edge

Hey Mark, @Mark Phelps

Here's a new tutorial for how to change the default downloads folder in Microsoft Edge. How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium :)

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium

Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium

I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium?
    MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0

**Original Title**

Microsoft Edge Chromium

Brian Rices, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Edwin Win User
    Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Edwin Win User
    Change the default Download folder for Edge

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium - Similar Threads - Change Default Downloads

2. Is there a way to change the file directory that Microsoft Edge Chromium downloads web...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change the file directory that Microsoft Edge Chromium downloads web...: Hi,A number of months ago, I switched over from Google Chrome to Microsoft Edge because of its lower RAM usage and similarities to Chrome, among other things - it's a fantastic browser, and I have very little complaints about it. However, I've been wondering for quite some...
  3. downloads in Edge Chromium?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    downloads in Edge Chromium?: I am unable to find web pages, files and documents in File Explorer if I saved them in the Edge browser. Some files appear in code not readable for me, not in the usual folders, in the wrong folders or not saved anywhere. Many appear only in Wordpad, not in File Explorer!!...
  4. How to change the Download folder in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Download folder in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Microsoft Edge web browser is pretty awesome, right? We agree. At first, we were skeptical, but after using it for a while, we can say for certain that it’s worth the effort. Now, it’s not yet perfect, but [...] This post How to change the Download...
  5. How to change default Search Engine in new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to change default Search Engine in new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Microsoft Edge Chromium browser is not just the best version of Edge we have till date, but it also offers turn of customization. You can install Chrome themes, install Chrome extensions on Edge from Chrome Web Store, offers Dark [...] This post How to...
  6. Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium: I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium? MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0 **Original Title** Microsoft Edge Chromium...
  7. How to download Microsoft Chromium Edge on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to download Microsoft Chromium Edge on Windows 10: Microsoft Chromium Edge for Windows 10 has been released, and here is everything you need to know about how you can download and install the browser right now. Microsoft Chromium Edge is an entirely new web browser and it comes with a series of improvements, including...
  8. Change the default Download folder for Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Change the default Download folder for Edge: Is there a way to change the default folder for downloads in Edge? I don't really want downloads being directed to my C: which is a SSD. I would prefer to change this to my HDD. Internet Explorer allowed this. Even if it means a manual registry edit, happy to do it, if...
  9. Change default Downloads folder in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Change default Downloads folder in Edge: Anyone know how to change the default Downloads folder in Edge in build 10159? I've looked through all the settings, including the Advanced ones, and there's nowhere to change this. 7619
  10. Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...