Windows 10: How to change "My PC" on my startup

Discus and support How to change "My PC" on my startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, when my lap top starts up the screen has a blank picture and above that it says "My PC" how can i change the wording to my name ? 61349 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gt4grey, Aug 23, 2016.

1. gt4grey Win User

How to change "My PC" on my startup

Hey guys, when my lap top starts up the screen has a blank picture and above that it says "My PC" how can i change the wording to my name ?

:)

gt4grey, Aug 23, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Aug 23, 2016
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Aug 23, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

I think it would be easiest to add a new local user account and then set it up in the way that you want, using your name and adding a password and picture etc. Make sure you then set it as an Administrator account. Later you can decide if you want to convert it a Microsoft Account.

Once you have everything sorted and have copied any files over from the old account you can then delete the old account with the incorrect name.

philc43, Aug 24, 2016
Thema:

1. How to change "My PC" on my startup - Similar Threads - change startup

2. can i change the startup screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    can i change the startup screen?: Can I change the startup screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-the-startup-screen/c1162e36-7d5d-4314-bf2a-b6d7fa0d9ff3
  3. Feedback about changing a hard driver when fast startup is enable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Feedback about changing a hard driver when fast startup is enable: Dear, I wanted to share my problem with fast startup. I work with 2 hard drives with same capacity (micron 9200 mtfdhal3t2tcu). Only one is connected at a time. The first hard drive is formatted and two files is created : one is a file with a size of 1k, the other is...
  4. Why does Windows 10 Have the Windows 7 startup sound as default and how do i change it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does Windows 10 Have the Windows 7 startup sound as default and how do i change it?: Hello! I was wondering why my windows 10 laptop plays the windows 7 startup sound rather than the actual windows 10 startup sound. And how can i change it?...
  5. How to change number on windows startup news feed from Native (Thai number format) to...

How to change number on windows startup news feed from Native (Thai number format) to...: How to change number on windows startup news feed from Native (Thai number format) to Arabic number format (Ex. 12345) [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-number-on-windows-startup-news-feed/703e80e4-28f6-456e-8dc0-a02468a3447f
  6. Windows 10 [3 computers same account] Keyboard language keeps changing at startup

Windows 10 [3 computers same account] Keyboard language keeps changing at startup: Hi, I have 3 different computers, with 3 different keyboard layout and I log on them with the same windows live account. The problem is that when I switch from one computer (home FR keyboard) to another (work US keyboard or my old laptop with SV keyboard) at startup,...
  7. Changing the Lenovo laptop startup image

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Changing the Lenovo laptop startup image: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please let me know how to change the startup image of my laptop that loads with the manufacturer's image and I want to change it in the image of Windows. Please let me know what I need to do to fix this problem. Wait for response!. A good day!...
  8. Changed msconfig selective startup, pc won’t start anymore

Changed msconfig selective startup, pc won’t start anymore: I changed my selective startup in msconfig, restarted my pc, and now im stuck on the blue Choose an option screen and can not get to safe mode. If i try to get to safe mdoe it goes to performing automatic repairs. Ive researched the issue for a few hours and have found no...
  9. Help with changes in MSCONFIG Selective Startup

Help with changes in MSCONFIG Selective Startup: I went into MSCONFIG - changed to Selective Startup in System Configuration. Now I am trying to change back to Normal- the apply button wont highlight for use [IMG]...
  10. Changing user at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing user at startup: I attempted to login as Administrator unsuccessfully. I did a hard reboot but no am automatically logged as Administrator, unsuccessfully, of course. If I see alternate users, it flashes quickly. How can return to my normal user login? 99899