Windows 10: How To Change Sign-in/Login Screen Background Picture In Windows 10

Discus and support How To Change Sign-in/Login Screen Background Picture In Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm pretty sure I'm overlooking something really simple, but how do you change the Sign-in/Login Screen picture in Windows 10 Anniversary Update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ARC1020, Aug 3, 2016.

1. ARC1020 Win User

How To Change Sign-in/Login Screen Background Picture In Windows 10

I'm pretty sure I'm overlooking something really simple, but how do you change the Sign-in/Login Screen picture in Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

This is the sign-in page I get when I boot the PC (it automatically signs in, as I use Bitlocker password instead):

How To Change Sign-in/Login Screen Background Picture In Windows 10 [​IMG]

These are the settings I have set in Settings > Personalisation > Lockscreen. I have the Lock Screen set to 'Picture', and 'Show lock screen background picture on sign-in screen' set to 'On', but Windows still uses it's own photo (the beach pic).

Is there another setting I'm overlooking?

How To Change Sign-in/Login Screen Background Picture In Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

ARC1020, Aug 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 login screen backgound

Yes you can change the login screen background on Windows 10.

Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10.

Follow these simple steps below together with these screenshots from this guide.

Step 1: Head over to your Settings and then Personalization.

Step 2: Once you’re here select the Lock screen tab and enable the Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen option.

If you want to change the background of your sign in screen then you can do that.

All you have to is just:

Step 1: Do you see that Windows Spotlight option? Yeah that gives you all the spectacular background images from various beautiful places in the world.

You can also select Picture or Slideshow if you want your own family photos, or pictures that you simply want to cherish each day by using it as your background on your Windows 10.

Do note that the image that you select here will appear as both your lock screen background and your sign in background.

If you instead want to go with a flat color rather than a background image itself then follow these simple steps:

Step 1: Go ahead and disable the Show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen.

Step 2: Once you have done that, head over to your Settings, then Personalization, and then finally Colors.

You can try and experiment with these three options and see what you like. How To Change Sign-in/Login Screen Background Picture In Windows 10 :)

Let me know how it goes.

Source: 2 Simple Steps to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10 - Saint

jakekovoor, Aug 3, 2016
  3. How to change sign-in screen (NOT lock screen) background?

Yes you can change the sign-in screen background.

Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10.

Follow these simple steps below together with these screenshots

from this guide

Step 1: Head over to your Settings and then
    Personalization.

Step 2: Once you’re here select the Lock screen tab and enable the
    Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen option.

If you want to change the background of your sign in screen then you can do that.

All you have to is just:

Step 1: Do you see that Windows Spotlight option? Yeah that gives you all the spectacular background images from various beautiful places in the world.

You can also select Picture or Slideshow if you want your own family photos, or pictures that you simply want to cherish each day by using it as your background on your Windows 10.

Do note that the image that you select here will appear as both your lock screen background and your sign in background.

If you instead want to go with a flat color rather than a background image itself then follow these simple steps:

Step 1: Go ahead and disable the Show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen.

Step 2: Once you have done that, head over to your Settings, then
    Personalization, and then finally Colors.

You can try and experiment with these three options and see what you like. How To Change Sign-in/Login Screen Background Picture In Windows 10 :)

Let me know how it goes.

Source: 2 Simple Steps to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10 - Saint

jakekovoor, Aug 3, 2016
  4. tracit99 Win User

tracit99, Aug 3, 2016
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    Thank you for the reply. Yeah I read that, however we are now on 14393.10 since the Anniversary Update, therefore if I understand it correctly, there should be just a single background.

From the link:

ARC1020, Aug 3, 2016
  6. tracit99 Win User
    Yes the lock screen background and the logon screen background can be made to match. However there are still two different lock screens. The default lock screen and the user lock screen. It took me a while to come to terms with this fact. You will see the default lock screen when you start, restart or logout and then log back into your computer. You will see the user lock screen (the one you choose in Settings) when you manually lock your computer for example Windows key + L or when returning from a sleep state.

So log out and then log back into your computer. The lock screen you see will be the default lock screen. Now in Settings under Lock Screen>Picture choose your image and then press Windows key +L. The lock screen you see will be the user lock screen. To really see that there are truly two different lock screens set the Lock Screen setting to Spotlight and then press Windows key +L. Then log out and log back into your computer you will see the default lock screen not the Spotlight image on the lock screen.

I know it is confusing and I have a hard time trying to explain it. Nevertheless there are two different locks screens. Believe me.

tracit99, Aug 3, 2016
  7. ARC1020 Win User
    Ah, I never see all the various Lock Screens/Sign-in screens (thankfully). From boot it signs in automatically and when my computer sleeps it uses it's own (presumably Intel) power saving system, so I never see any Lock Screens/Sign-in screens when it sleeps either. Therefore the only one I ever see is the one between the Bitlocker screen and desktop when booting, which I didn't realise until you mentioned it is the Default Lock Screen, as opposed other Lock Screen, the User Lock Screen, which is completely separate. Wow... *Confused

So, if I now understand correctly, this is how it should work:

To change the User Lock Screen, you need to change it through the Settings App, as per the following tutorial:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

To change the Default Lock Screen, you need to change it through Group Policy/Regedit, as per the following tutorial:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Unfortunately, changing the Default Lock Screen through the 'Force a specific default lock screen image' Group Policy/Regedit setting, still doesn't show the Lock Screen I set and it continues to show the beach pic. I'm not entirely sure why it doesn't work though. I think I'll just leave it as it is, as it was more out of curiosity than anything.

ARC1020, Aug 3, 2016
  8. acmac Win User

Sorry to revive this thread but I have the same exact issue and want to remove the beach picture from the Welcome screen. Has anyone managed to be able to eradicate it yet?

I log in automatically (control userpasswords2) with a local account (non-Microsoft) and just want a blank colour of my choosing to appear on the Welcome screen rather than the beach picture. Does anyone know where Windows sources this picture from, because I changed the image at C:\Windows\Web\Screen\img100.jpg however the beach image still appears?

acmac, Sep 21, 2016
  9. SonicBlue Win User
    I have an issue where I can not change the Lockscreen/background on one of my PC's. For some reason it is grayed out and nor can I select picture/spotlight button. just the usual windows glitch that will be annoying as long as I think about it. *really

SonicBlue, Sep 21, 2016
  10. Hermanus Win User
    Same situation on my HTPC : Automatic login, local account, "Login" screen configured for solid color background (configured with Settings), but "Beach" picture background forced on "Welcome" screen at PC startup (boot) or restart.
    Finally, this registry tweak fixed it for me :
    1. Run regedit.
    2. In Registry Editor, go to following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System
    3. In right-side pane, create new DWORD DisableLogonBackgroundImage and set its value to 1.
    4. Restart your computer and it'll remove the background image from login screen.
    (If you want to restore Login Screen background image in future, delete the DWORD DisableLogonBackgroundImage).
    Result : now solid color background on "Welcome" screen at PC startup or restart, as I wanted.

Maybe you should try this out. Hopefully it works also for you (at least until the next Windows 10 "Feature" update ...).

You can find more information on this regedit tweak in https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...dows-10-a.html How to Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 (and also Google for "Disable Login Screen Background Image" to bring up additional info).

This registry tweak worked for me on a PC with Windows 10 Pro 64bit - version 1607 - OS build 14393.321.

Additional info : in my Settings > Personalisation > Lockscreen. I have the Lock Screen set to 'Picture', and 'Show lock screen background picture on sign-in screen' set to 'Off', but that did not solve the forced "Beach" picture thing.

Hermanus, Oct 17, 2016
  11. Del 80 Win User
    O.k.....Can create new D WORD......but don't seem to be able to name it.....any help appreciated........Del.

Del 80, Oct 17, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 17, 2016
  13. Del 80 Win User

Hey Brink, Worked a treat, background pictures now gone.......Marvellous, ....Thanks for that.....Del..

Del 80, Oct 17, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Oct 17, 2016
  15. Nethlek Win User
    this is fantastic, i finally got rid of the beach pic. is there any way to use a specific picture in the welcome screen using the registry? i'd prefer it if it showed my current background instead of a plain color, though this is already way better than before. cheers

Nethlek, Dec 17, 2016
Thema:

1. How To Change Sign-in/Login Screen Background Picture In Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Sign Login

2. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  3. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  4. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change picture on sign on screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change picture on sign on screen?: How do I change the picture on the sign on screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-picture-on-sign-on-screen/591320c6-574a-4517-87e1-3aa5b93f2717
  6. Change Login Screen Background

Change Login Screen Background: Where can I find the setting to change the login screen background image from the default Windows logo that comes with it? 129621
  7. how to change the login screen picture?

how to change the login screen picture?: how to change the login screen picture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-login-screen-picture/60765387-4f92-4d76-9ae9-e39839983077
  8. How to Change the Login Screen Background and themes

How to Change the Login Screen Background and themes: Is my first post so sorry if i am not correct in request: 1 - How to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10 2 - To use different themes respect old tweaks i must use a UltraUXThemePatcher or similar ? Thank Hispa 11637
  9. change the Login screen background?

change the Login screen background?: Is there an easy way to change the Login screen background? 13815
  10. How to change the login screen background image?

How to change the login screen background image?: I was wondering where the login screen background image is stored? I'm trying to change it to a different image. Thanks. 31131

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change picture on computer screen

2. Windows 1.0 Log On Background Image

3. change my background wallpaper windows 10