Windows 10: how to change size of Notepad Files.Windows 10 Home.

Discus and support how to change size of Notepad Files.Windows 10 Home. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; how to change size of Notepad Files.Windows 10 Home. Hi, I am having the same trouble as I did with my Folders which was fixed,thanks guys, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elvisthepelvis, Sep 14, 2017.

1. how to change size of Notepad Files.Windows 10 Home.

how to change size of Notepad Files.Windows 10 Home.
    Hi, I am having the same trouble as I did with my Folders which was fixed,thanks guys,
    when I open a Notepad Folder it opens up and fills the screen ( attachments to add ), I am using a friends monitor for a few more days till I get a new monitor,this monitor is a SyncMaster 932mw do not know if this has any bearing on it,
    how to change size of Notepad Files.Windows 10 Home. [​IMG]

grateful for any help.
    Thanks.

:)

elvisthepelvis, Sep 14, 2017

2. How do I change the font size on the app "Notepad" for Windows 10?

I've searched everywhere on the app "Notepad" and I can't find how to change the font size.

AddyCupider, Sep 14, 2017
  3. notepad font size

can i change the notepad font size

Ray...Ferguson, Sep 14, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there. Open Notepad > Choose Format > Choose Font > Set the font to any type, style, and/or size. Thereafter it will display that with any Notepad file that is opened.

Tony K, Sep 14, 2017
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    @elvisthepelvis

Based on your screenshot, you may be talking about the actual window size for Notepad...how to adjust. If you are, simply grab the edges of the window and drag them up/down left-right until you get what you want. Then close the window. Sometimes it won't take unless you right-click the title bar up top, hold the shift key down, and click close.

f14tomcat, Sep 14, 2017
  6. Thanks, f14tomcat and Hippsie Gypsie,
    tried one of your answers but that changing of the font size on the main Notepad on the main C; Drive,
    I may have not been clear enough, my fault,this is a folder I have made and is on my external drive with Notepad files I have made and copy and pasted them to external drive folder,hope this helps,
    Thanks Again.

elvisthepelvis, Sep 15, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    I'll have to admit I am more than a little confused. We'll be more than happy to help you, but I am not sure at all what, exactly, it is you are trying to do. Is it the size of the window? Size of the files? Size of the screen?

You say it opens "full screen". Is that the problem? You want it to do something else? I'm just not clear at all on what the problem is and what you need. Sorry.

f14tomcat, Sep 15, 2017
  8. how to change size of Notepad Files.Windows 10 Home.

sorry to confuse you I have just had delivery of my new pc monitor and want to know if I can save everything on my desktop. shortcuts,folders to external drive before connecting new Pc monitor,browsers, bookmarks which there are many, would like to connect new Pc monitor straight away then I will come back to you about Notepad folder,thanks.

9. Tony K Win User
    Either use a restore point or get Macrium Reflect.

Turn On or Off System Protection for Drives in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials

There is other backup software, but most here use Macrium.

You may also copy/paste important files also. Shortcuts may break, though.

Tony K, Sep 15, 2017
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    Image backup is the best. Restore point will not save everything. Use the Macrium as posted by HippsieGypsie. It's free, easy, and you can continue to use it going forward.....it's not just a one time shot. You need a good backup plan in case of disaster.

f14tomcat, Sep 15, 2017
  11. thanks everyone running Macrium Reflect now will get back when all done and monitor set up done,
    Thanks.

12. ran Macrium Reflect then tried to set up Acer S240HL 24" LED DVI HDMI Monitor connected cables but no joy switch on/off button not sure which one it is tried them all no button had a light on will attach pics of connection ( pics not very clear hands shake,have MS ) maybe someone can tell me where I am going wrong,last picture cable end is hdmi to Pc Tower.
    thanks

13. how to change size of Notepad Files.Windows 10 Home.

If you are only connecting a new Monitor it has nothing to do with what you have on your desktop.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Sep 15, 2017
  14. What is the connector in the last pic ?
    Where does it come from, can you show a pic of where the other end comes from ?

In the third pic, you have a cable going to the DVI connection on the back of the monitor.

If you are trying to use HDMI, you need to use the connection to the left of the DVI.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Sep 15, 2017
  15. Hi, COMPUTIAC the last pic is a AmazonBasics DVI to HDMI Adapter Cable ( attachments to come) also I have a hdmi to hdmi cable I bought last week to connect Laptop to Tv,can I just use the mains connection and the hdmi to hdmi,only have hdmi ports on back of new Pc Tower and what about the on/off monitor button which one ?, many thanks.

elvisthepelvis, Sep 16, 2017
Thema:

1. how to change size of Notepad Files.Windows 10 Home. - Similar Threads - change size Notepad

2. Notepad window size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad window size: Every time I launch notepad, the default window is too big for my screen and it appears in the top left corner. I have to use the Windows+Arrow shortcut to move it in the right place each time. Is there a way to restore the default settings as it used to just open a small...
  3. Notepad window size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad window size: Every time I launch notepad, the default window is too big for my screen and it appears in the top left corner. I have to use the Windows+Arrow shortcut to move it in the right place each time. Is there a way to restore the default settings as it used to just open a small...
  4. Notepad window size

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. notepad sizing

notepad sizing: I need better control of the window sizing of the new notepad. The old notepad worked fine. How can the window be narrower and shorter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-sizing/3ca80777-6257-434b-aaee-f79a13aeb1d5
  6. notepad sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad sizing: I need better control of the window sizing of the new notepad. The old notepad worked fine. How can the window be narrower and shorter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-sizing/3ca80777-6257-434b-aaee-f79a13aeb1d5
  7. How to change Notepad Font and Size in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Notepad Font and Size in Windows 11: [ATTACH]By default, Notepad uses Lucida Console font at 12 pixels to display texts in Windows 11. However, if you have the latest build of Windows 11, you can follow this guide to change the Notepad font and size using the new options panel. It is possible to tweak the font...
  8. Windows 10 Home Notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home Notepad: I was working when my desktop shutdown and My unsaved notepad documents were loss. I needed to know how can I recover my unsaved notepad documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-notepad/be0133d2-b815-4790-a3a1-212d35d46ddc
  9. Notepad window size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad window size keeps changing: When I open a new page in Notepad, it almost never opens in the same size. One time it might be 5" by 5". The next time, it might be 1" by 1". Is there a way to always have it open at the same size?...
  10. Notepad window size keeps changing

Notepad window size keeps changing: When I open a new page in Notepad, it almost never opens in the same size. One time it might be 5" by 5". The next time, it might be 1" by 1". Is there a way to always have it open at the same size?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change size in notepad in windows 10

2. how to increase found in notepad

3. how to increase the font size of notepad window

4. how to adjust size of notepad in windows 10