Windows 10: How to change tab bar background color in Chrome? Driving me crazy!

Discus and support How to change tab bar background color in Chrome? Driving me crazy! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, Can anyone point me in the right direction of changing the stark white background color of the Chrome tab bar? I'm not sure if it's a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jetsetter883, Sep 15, 2015.

1. How to change tab bar background color in Chrome? Driving me crazy!

Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the right direction of changing the stark white background color of the Chrome tab bar? I'm not sure if it's a Windows function or a Chrome function but in Windows 7 I believe it was Windows.

How to change tab bar background color in Chrome? Driving me crazy! [​IMG]

I'm so used to it being either transparent or at the very least borrowing from my current background color as it did in Windows 7 but there seems no way to change it in Windows 10.

If I'm not mistaken, such a change wouldn't/shouldn't require a separate Chrome theme but is rather a simple setting that I'm just unable to find. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks *Smile

:)

jetsetter883, Sep 15, 2015
  2. tla4 Win User

how do u change the background pic in the zune music and video hub on win7 phone???????

I have a Nokia Lumia 900. I have tried this suggestion. So far, it has not worked for me. It is driving me crazy to always see the same artist on my Music & Video tile. Any other ideas?

3. Airskip Win User
    Windows 10 Screen lock-out is driving me crazy!!!!

I have checked all settings I can find on sleeping, screen saver, screen time-out type setting I can find and it still times out and goes black (no screen saver) and with enter or space bar to wake up screen then to the log-in background. I cant even watch
    a commercial and have to log back in again, over and over and over........ what am I missing ?

Airskip, Sep 15, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

How to change tab bar background color in Chrome? Driving me crazy!

Cliff S, Sep 15, 2015
  5. Cornishman, Sep 15, 2015
  6. Hi all, thanks for response *Smile I think perhaps this might be the default in Windows 7 though? As my Win 7 computer at work appears to borrow the desktop color for the "background tab bar" color. on Chrome and other programs. I guess I thought there would be a function in Windows 10 that would behave similarly versus just defaulting to the stark white background.

I'm certainly not opposed to exploring themes however I can't help but to think it's only a simple tweak either in Chrome or in Windows 10.

jetsetter883, Sep 16, 2015
  7. Almighty1 Win User
    Almighty1, Sep 16, 2015
  8. Almighty1 Win User

Almighty1, Sep 16, 2015
  9. jetsetter883, Sep 17, 2015
  10. Centurion Win User
    Right click your desktop> Personalize> Colors> Choose the color> Scroll down> More options> Choose trancparency options> Check: Start, Task bar and Action center + Title bars> Choose your mode.

Centurion, May 8, 2017
  11. This, and also make sure you have the "show color on title bars" checked. If you don't then Windows will keep all title bars white like you have.

EDIT - I just saw the previous post also says "Title bars". My bad. Didn't read slow enough.

Bobby Phoenix, May 11, 2017
  12. Does anyone know how to change the white bar (not the html bar)? :

Attachment 144348

I knew that I can change the dark bar (on the top) 'cause that depends of Windows but this bar (in white) is drinving me crazy too. I could use themes but they remove the - ⬜ X flat icons of Win10.

Sorry if my english is not perfect, I am french and I don't excel in english

DarkSkywalker8, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change tab bar background color in Chrome? Driving me crazy! - Similar Threads - change tab bar

2. Change background color of the widget bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change background color of the widget bar: I use the dark mode for my desktop. When I open the widget bar, I expected to have a darker shade of the widget bar. It appears very light greyish. Can this color be controlled somewhere?Would like to see the widget bar in the shade seen in the taskbar....
  3. Change background color of the widget bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change background color of the widget bar: I use the dark mode for my desktop. When I open the widget bar, I expected to have a darker shade of the widget bar. It appears very light greyish. Can this color be controlled somewhere?Would like to see the widget bar in the shade seen in the taskbar....
  4. How to change window background color?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change window background color?: High contrast mode is really awful. submitted by /u/mki7a [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mggzjs/how_to_change_window_background_color/
  5. How to change background color

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change background color: After an update my monitor screen background is black. Please, how do I get it back to blue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-background-color/5a9318c0-ed33-42e3-afe9-a51694422db2
  6. Accent color changes when chrome is in the 'background'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accent color changes when chrome is in the 'background': [ATTACH] Hi - I have my windows color settings set to yellow for start, taskbar, action centre, title bars and window borders. For about a day now, whenever i move something in front of my chrome window, the upper bar turns blue instead of yellow. How do i change this?...
  7. changing background colors

in Browsers and Email
    changing background colors: I tried to introduce myself in the introductions thread but it was closed. My name is Bev, been here a while but never posted but I need some help. I redid windown 10 on Sunday but can't seem to get the black color off chrome start page. I know it's something with...
  8. How to change the color of the Tab Bar, when in Private mode

How to change the color of the Tab Bar, when in Private mode: Good day, Microsoft made me wait twice for over 15 minutes, to no avail, to get someone on line for help ! So, the Community seems to be the only way to get some assistance... I am on W10, 64-bits. I access my Hotmail account using Chrome. My Tab bar is blue. So was the Tab...
  9. settings won't let me change task bar background color

settings won't let me change task bar background color: settings won't let me change task bar background color., it's either white or black. Am I stuck? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-wont-let-me-change-task-bar-background/fc65e16d-6d75-4f57-9594-f2e58c84bf79
  10. Driving me crazy!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Driving me crazy!!: May some one please help me, it's been quite a few years so bare with me. I have just bought a dell xps13 and I have a problem with my start menu, much user name and pic appear on the left side but in the middle. How can I move my name and pic to the top of the start menu??...