Windows 10: How to change the Download folder in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support How to change the Download folder in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Microsoft Edge web browser is pretty awesome, right? We agree. At first, we were skeptical, but after using it for a while, we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 10, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change the Download folder in Microsoft Edge

WinClub, Jan 10, 2020

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Kristian Win User

How to change the download folder of Microsoft Edge under Windows 10?

Step 1: Close Microsoft Edge browser, if it’s running.

Step 2: Open Registry Editor. To open it, type regedit in Start search box or Run command box and then press Enter key.

How to change the Download folder in Microsoft Edge uNSBG.jpg

Click Yes button when you see User Account Control dialog.

Step 3: In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following key:

How to change the Download folder in Microsoft Edge LlWGR.jpg

Step 4: On the right-side, right-click to reveal the context menu, click New, click String Value. Rename the newly created String value to Default Download Directory.

How to change the Download folder in Microsoft Edge Y1Kmd.jpg

Double-click on the newly created Default Download Directory, replace the default path in value data box with the path to the new download location. That’s it!

For instance, if you want to make F:\ISO\Windows 10 as the new download directory, then enter the same in the Value data box and then click OK button.

How to change the Download folder in Microsoft Edge ETvu2.jpg

How to change the Download folder in Microsoft Edge 7MgOB.jpg

Tip: If you want easily copy a folder path, simply right-click on the folder while holding the Shift key, and then click Copy as path option. You can then paste this path anywhere you want by either pressing Ctrl + V or right-clicking and then clicking Paste option.

Step 5: Launch Edge browser, click the Hub icon (see picture), and then click Downloads to check the new download location. Note that files will be automatically downloaded to the newly added download location and you will not get an option to change the location while downloading files.

How to change the Download folder in Microsoft Edge Db4u4.jpg

Source: How To Change Default Download Location In Microsoft Edge

Kristian, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. How to change the Download folder in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - change Download folder

2. How to change download folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change download folder: When I open Chrome,I try to save a web page.Instad of downloading with Chrome,it saves and downloads to my desktop with Microsoft Edge.It won't open with Microsoft Edge.How do I make Chrome download it?...
  3. How to change download folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change download folder: When I open Chrome,I try to save a web page.Instad of downloading with Chrome,it saves and downloads to my desktop with Microsoft Edge.It won't open with Microsoft Edge.How do I make Chrome download it?...
  4. How to change download folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Download notification changed in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Download notification changed in Microsoft Edge: Apologies that this is a query about Edge rather than Windows 10 but hoping somebody can help. Previously when I downloaded anything from the internet using Edge, I had a small notification panel popped up at the foot of the screen just above the taskbar, which was fine as...
  6. How to change downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change downloads folder?: For some reason when I installed a new hard drive and moved some stuff over, the D:\ path became the downloads folder, and acts like one. My new downloads folder (D:\Downloads), is not. How do I change this without moving all of the files? submitted by /u/N26_real [link]...
  7. How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium: How to: How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web...
  8. Change the default Download folder for Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Change the default Download folder for Edge: Is there a way to change the default folder for downloads in Edge? I don't really want downloads being directed to my C: which is a SSD. I would prefer to change this to my HDD. Internet Explorer allowed this. Even if it means a manual registry edit, happy to do it, if...
  9. Change default Downloads folder in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Change default Downloads folder in Edge: Anyone know how to change the default Downloads folder in Edge in build 10159? I've looked through all the settings, including the Advanced ones, and there's nowhere to change this. 7619
  10. Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge windows phone path download folder

2. tempstate downloads

3. file:///C:/Users/alyso/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/l80324a_1 (1).pdf