Windows 10: How to change Windows 10 default to not turn off System Restore

Discus and support How to change Windows 10 default to not turn off System Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Does anyone have a solution to change the Win 10 default from turning off System Restore. This action gives me a problem when backing up an image.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Lyle39, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Lyle39 Win User

How to change Windows 10 default to not turn off System Restore

Does anyone have a solution to change the Win 10 default from turning off System Restore.

This action gives me a problem when backing up an image.

My restore points are gone when I recover the image due to being turned off.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated

Lyle

:)

Lyle39, Jul 7, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Why is system security setting off by defaut?

System Restore is turned off by default because it's old technology that has limited usefulness. Today there are much better solutions for restoring your computer, including Refresh, Reset, File History, System Image and others.

Another reason System Restore is off by default: Windows 10 is still very new and has been going through rapid change. It will probably continue to change rapidly for another 6 months or so. All new operating systems go through this process. When an update
    makes big changes to the operating system, all existing restore points become obsolete so they are automatically deleted. That's another reason not use to use System Restore, so it's off by default.

BulldogXX, Jul 7, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 7, 2016
  4. flybynite Win User

You just need to turn it on after update or install.

flybynite, Jul 7, 2016
  5. Lyle39 Win User
    That is the problem that due to W10 turning it off all restore points are missing when I do turn it back on after
    recovery.

Thanks for your suggestion

Lyle39, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change Windows 10 default to not turn off System Restore - Similar Threads - change default turn

2. How to fix system restore if I turned it off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix system restore if I turned it off.: Okay so I had been having this problem where my pc would randomly freeze when you started it after a few minutes, and I looked at a bunch of videos and how to fix it and one of them was system restore and the person had said it had worked for them right, so I tried it and mid...
  3. How to fix system restore if I turned it off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix system restore if I turned it off.: Okay so I had been having this problem where my pc would randomly freeze when you started it after a few minutes, and I looked at a bunch of videos and how to fix it and one of them was system restore and the person had said it had worked for them right, so I tried it and mid...
  4. How to fix system restore if I turned it off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to turn off System Restore in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off System Restore in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]System Restore is a feature designed by Microsoft that helps users restore their systems to their previous healthy state. When it is turned on, it captures the snapshots of system image files and Windows Registry and saves all of them as Restore points. When a user...
  6. Restore "Turn Windows features on or off" to default settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore "Turn Windows features on or off" to default settings?: Hi,I was trying to optimize my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 21H1 so it could have the same security features as Windows 11 see this article: https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-11-has-advanced-hardware-security-heres-how-to-get-it-in-windows-10-today/. It seems I...
  7. How to restore default system fonts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to restore default system fonts?: [ATTACH] Hi all, I'm a designer and recently installed some very bold variants of Helvetica Neue on my PC. It works fine for my purposes but has taken over as the default system font - as you can see in the attached screenshot of a random webpage. Wherever another font is...
  8. System Restore Turned off after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Turned off after updates: I know many have complained that after any major update, Windows turns off System restore and deletes all restore points. Though I can understand why this might be important when a system has been updated I cannot understand why it doesn't automatically create a new restore...
  9. Is system restore be default turned off in windows 10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is system restore be default turned off in windows 10 enterprise: I have installed windows 10 on the machine and system restore is disabled ? is it by desgin that system restore is disabled and we would have to enable it via GPO or maually...
  10. system restore turns it self off

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    system restore turns it self off: system restore turns it self off why 71711