Windows 10: How to change windows defaulting to "Other User" on log in?

Discus and support How to change windows defaulting to "Other User" on log in? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, When I first turn on my pc I am met with the log in screen that says "Other User". When I first installed windows it would show my user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mattblackguy, Jan 29, 2019.

1. How to change windows defaulting to "Other User" on log in?

Hey guys,

When I first turn on my pc I am met with the log in screen that says "Other User". When I first installed windows it would show my user account, and I would just have to type in my pin code then I'm in. I don't know how this was changed because I don't believe I changed any settings regarding this, but I just wanted to get it back how it used to be. Nothing is broken it's just slightly inconvenient.

I attached a picture to show what I'm talking about. I already googled the issue, but nothing that I could find helped me with this issue.

Thanks,

Matt
    How to change windows defaulting to "Other User" on log in? [​IMG]

:)

mattblackguy, Jan 29, 2019

2. Numlock defaults to off

To enable NUM LOCK before a user logs on, follow these steps:
    • Run Registry Editor.
    • Move to HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard
    • Change the value for InitialKeyboardIndicators from 0 to 2.

Source: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

RamboMcMutNutts, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Scoggs Win User

How to change windows defaulting to "Other User" on log in?

Domain users immediately logged out

We got it figured out.

Below is the guide my boss made to fix the issue:

After certain Windows updates, standard users (users who are not members of Elevated Group) cannot log into machines that they have not previously logged into. They input their credentials properly but are immediately signed out.

The cause for this issue is that the Default User profile is corrupted by the update, and the new user cannot create a profile, because the system cannot use the Default profile template to properly create a proper registry key. One will be created, but
    it is corrupted.

To fix this issue follow these instructions:

• Go to C:\Users
    • If you cannot see the Default user folder click “View” and check the box next to “Hidden files”. Be sure to uncheck this box when you are finished with all other steps.
    • Rename the Default folder to “Default.bak”
    • Go to C:\Windows.old\Users (If there’s no Windows.old folder use the backup Default folder in this share to complete the following steps ****see below****)
    • Copy the Default user folder.
    • Go back to C:\Users and paste the Default folder there.
    • If a folder has been created for the affected user, delete it.
    • Deselect the check box next to “hidden files”.
    • Right click over the Windows icon and select Run.
    • In the “Open” window type “regedit.exe” to open the registry editor.
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
    • Find the registry entry of the affected user (should have a .bak extension) and delete it.
    • After a restart of the machine the user should be able to log in successfully

Scoggs, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

How to change windows defaulting to "Other User" on log in?

1. How to change windows defaulting to "Other User" on log in? - Similar Threads - change defaulting User

2. Change default user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default user: I just had to totally replace my Windows 10 OS and now it's using deejh as the default user instead of wildchild1954, which is what it used to, and should still, be. Can anyone tell me in simple English how to make that back into the default user? I hate having to go...
  3. Change default user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default user: I just had to totally replace my Windows 10 OS and now it's using deejh as the default user instead of wildchild1954, which is what it used to, and should still, be. Can anyone tell me in simple English how to make that back into the default user? I hate having to go...
  4. Change default user

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. [SOLVED] How can I change default language for all users, not only for logged-in user?

[SOLVED] How can I change default language for all users, not only for logged-in user?: Hi,Looks like newer versions of Windows 10 have some kind of parsonalization on steroids, because even if I install new language and dusing installation SELECT "Set this langiage as my dafault system language"....this only sets language for LOGGED IN user.When new user is...
  6. How can I change default language for all users, not only for logged-in user?

How can I change default language for all users, not only for logged-in user?: Hi,Looks like newer versions of Windows 10 have some kind of parsonalization on steroids, because even if I install new language and dusing installation SELECT "Set this langiage as my dafault system language"....this only sets language for LOGGED IN user.When new user is...
  7. Change default log in screen to local user account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default log in screen to local user account: [ATTACH] Hello, I need help on changing the default log in screen using Windows 10 Pro. By default, Windows 10 will display on the log in screen the last user account that used the computer before shutdown. In my case, I want the log in screen to display the administrator...
  8. other users logged in, when there are no other users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    other users logged in, when there are no other users: Computer is being very slow. So i was removing an unused program via the control panel and it told me that there were other users logged in. This is a personal device and there are no other users. I checked the C:/Users folder and there are several there: Allison...
  9. How to switch user if the other user didn't log off?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to switch user if the other user didn't log off?: Please help me how to switch user on HP Windows 10 desktop if the other user forgot to log off/exit out from log-in desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-user-if-the-other-user-didnt-log-off/c70cc2c3-c6cf-4b2d-a301-8081d34b9fc8
  10. How to change windows defaulting to "Other User" on log in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change windows defaulting to "Other User" on log in?: Hey guys, When I first turn on my pc I am met with the log in screen that says "Other User". When I first installed windows it would show my user account, and I would just have to type in my pin code then I'm in. I don't know how this was changed because I don't believe I...