Windows 10: How To Check if Windows 10 Update Was Successful?

Discus and support How To Check if Windows 10 Update Was Successful? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Sorry to be creating a thread on this, but this is important because it involves Windows Update. My Windows 10 PC was just about to restart and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NiceAndShy, May 27, 2017.

1. How To Check if Windows 10 Update Was Successful?

Sorry to be creating a thread on this, but this is important because it involves Windows Update.

My Windows 10 PC was just about to restart and complete the install of the newest Windows 10 Update, but I accidentally cancelled the restart. I then tried to restart it by pressing the grey box in Windows Update that says "Restart now" but it gave me an error.

Finally, I went to the Start menu and I pressed "Restart and install updates" and it then restarted itself.

How can I be sure it installed the update successfully?

Thank you!

:)

NiceAndShy, May 27, 2017

2. How to update Windows 10 Pro

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, May 27, 2017
  3. How to update Windows 10 Pro

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, May 27, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

How To Check if Windows 10 Update Was Successful?

Settings/Update and Security/Windows Update/Update History.

How To Check if Windows 10 Update Was Successful? [​IMG]

How To Check if Windows 10 Update Was Successful? [​IMG]

Edwin, May 27, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    Sometimes the windows updates report is inaccurate.
    To tell whether a windows update was really installed is to confirm that it can be uninstalled.
    Only then is it confirmed that it was installed.
    Click on Windows update history.
    Click on uninstall updates.
    Copy and paste the KB# into the search.
    See if it can be uninstalled

zbook, May 28, 2017
  6. Try3 Win User
    NiceAndShy,

You can also look in Event viewer -
    1 Windows logs, System, EventSources - WindowsUpdateClient, Event - 19 {successes only}
    2 Applications and services logs, Microsoft, Windows, WindowsUpdateClient, Operational, Events - 41, 31 {31 are the failures, 41 are the successes}

Personally, I find the presentation of 1 more convenient because the General tab identifies the update concerned whereas the 2 forces you to dig inside the Details tab.

Denis

Try3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How To Check if Windows 10 Update Was Successful?

1. How To Check if Windows 10 Update Was Successful? - Similar Threads - Check Update Was

2. Windows 11 Will Not Update Successfully

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Will Not Update Successfully: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎30/‎09/‎2021 OS build 22000.376 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.376.0 Dell XPS 8940This an upgrade from Windows 10 Pro and is an Insider Beta build. I have recently restored an image from 22nd December...
  3. Windows 11 Will Not Update Successfully

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Will Not Update Successfully: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎30/‎09/‎2021 OS build 22000.376 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.376.0 Dell XPS 8940This an upgrade from Windows 10 Pro and is an Insider Beta build. I have recently restored an image from 22nd December...
  4. SERIOUS PROBLEM: How to check if Windows 10 Update was successful?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SERIOUS PROBLEM: How to check if Windows 10 Update was successful?: Hi all, I did some searching and I couldn't find an answer... I was wanting to reboot my Windows 10 PC right now and allow it to finish installing the "Windows 10 November 2020 Cumulative Update" but it seems like we had a power failure during the night so the Windows 10 PC...
  5. SERIOUS PROBLEM: How to check if Windows 10 Update was successful?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SERIOUS PROBLEM: How to check if Windows 10 Update was successful?: Hi all, I did some searching and I couldn't find an answer... I was wanting to reboot my Windows 10 PC right now and allow it to finish installing the "Windows 10 November 2020 Cumulative Update" but it seems like we had a power failure during the night so the Windows 10 PC...
  6. How to Make Windows 10 Check for updates on launch??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Make Windows 10 Check for updates on launch??: As the titles say I want Windows to check for updates when I launch it much like how discord and steam do or maybe right before I close it, aka, shutting down for the night. I really couldn't find any information on how to make this an automated-process so any information or...
  7. Windows 10 Update Check

Windows 10 Update Check: Windows 10 update is not completing the task and troubleshoot is also not completing the task. When Settings - Update & Security is launched it automatically starts to search for updates. It used to have a grey box to Check for Updates. The check runs constantly and does...
  8. Cannot successfully update Windows 10

Cannot successfully update Windows 10: Windows update status seems to be stuck on "An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready yet. We'll keep trying or you can try again now." The quality update history shows that installation of 2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for...
  9. Blue Screens after constant checks no success

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screens after constant checks no success: I have been getting constant blue screens and even after reinstalling windows 10 and running sfc scans and memtest. I cant see any of my hardware failing. But the bluescreens keep happening. Todays blue screen was a kernel power bluescreen event. I have been thinking that a...
  10. Windows Update not running successfully

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update not running successfully: Of course, shortly users can simply download April update and manually upgrade bypassing issue. OMG, it has just occurred to me the April Update will obviously become known as the AU update. Good job that has never been used before. Oh wait a minute........ ;-).