Windows 10: [How-To] Context menu "Open elevated Command Prompt Here" without UAC

Discus and support [How-To] Context menu "Open elevated Command Prompt Here" without UAC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 1. Create a newTask named OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC and activate "Run with the highest privileges" 2. Go to the Actions Tab, create a new Action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Darth Nukem, Aug 19, 2016.

1. [How-To] Context menu "Open elevated Command Prompt Here" without UAC

1. Create a newTask named OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC and activate "Run with the highest privileges"

2. Go to the Actions Tab, create a new Action "Start a Program" choose "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" and set the Working Directory (Start in) to %CURDIR%

3. Create a Shortcut named OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC.
    In the "Type the location of the item" Field type:

C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /run /TN "\OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC"

and copy the created Shortcut to C:\Windows\System32

Finally, add the attached "Add_Open_Command_Window Here_Admin_No_UAC.reg" to Registry.

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ; Created by: ; Created on: 08_20_16 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC] @="Open Command Window Here (Admin)" "HasLUAShield"="" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC\command] @="cmd /s /c \"setx CURDIR \"%V\"& start c:\\windows\\system32\\OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC.\"lnk\"& exit\"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC] @="Open Command Window Here (Admin)" "HasLUAShield"="" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC\command] @="cmd /s /c \"setx CURDIR \"%V\"& start c:\\windows\\system32\\OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC.\"lnk\"& exit\"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC] @="Open Command Window Here (Admin)" "HasLUAShield"="" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC\command] @="cmd /s /c \"setx CURDIR %V& start c:\\windows\\system32\\OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC.\"lnk\"& exit\"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder\background\shell\OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC] "HasLUAShield"="" @="Open Command Window Here (Admin)" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder\background\shell\OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC\command] @="cmd /s /c \"setx CURDIR \"%V\"& start c:\\windows\\system32\\OpenCmdHereAsAdminNoUAC.\"lnk\"& exit\""[/quote]

:)

Darth Nukem, Aug 19, 2016
  2. august125 Win User

How do I change the default administrator account for the UAC elevation password prompt?

I have set the "User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode" security policy in secpol.msc to "Prompt for credentials" for security purposes so that even when a user is logged in as an administrator
    they must type their password instead of simply consenting to the UAC prompt. The only problem is that when the built-in Administrator account is enabled the UAC elevation prompt ALWAYS defaults to that account instead of the currently logged in local administrator
    account, requiring the user to click "More choices" then their name before being able to use their own password to elevate. When performing repetitive administrative tasks this quickly becomes very annoying. It was my understanding the UAC prompt should remember
    the last user account used, however that does not seem to be the case. How can I make the UAC elevation prompt default to the currently logged in administrator instead of the built-in administrator account?

august125, Aug 19, 2016
  3. Win 10 pro - administrator keeps getting Access is denied

You're close and here is your banana:

• Open an elevated Command Prompt.
    • Kill explorer.exe. Your desktop will go blank.
    • Launch explorer.exe. It now runs in the context of the elevated account.
    Note also that the Administrator account is not some "super"-account. All accounts with admin privileges are the same under Windows 10.

Frederik Long, Aug 19, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

[How-To] Context menu "Open elevated Command Prompt Here" without UAC

Cliff S, Aug 19, 2016
  5. Darth Nukem, Aug 19, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 19, 2016
  7. The UAC prompt bothered me in this situation .
    But you are right, it is of course more secure if you do not bypass the UAC.

Darth Nukem, Aug 19, 2016
  8. [How-To] Context menu "Open elevated Command Prompt Here" without UAC

I want to remove the Default SHIFT + RIGHT BUTTON of mouse when a folder it's selected......... apparently it's impossible....

DjDiabolik, Sep 19, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 19, 2016
  10. dtoxic Win User
    dtoxic, Sep 19, 2016
  11. Oh yeah... but i have already create and found the solution myself using powershell but i have used a different command.... i have used this:
    i have create the voices named "00_CmdHereAsAdmin"... in this mode my custom voices appears immediatelly after "Add to quick access". But from reg files download here i can now add the icon..............

And i have used this:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command "Start-Process cmd -ArgumentList '/s,/k,pushd,%V' -Verb RunAs"

I see the blue powershell and immediatelly after i see the command prompt... i thinks i can use the command suggested on .reg files....

*EDIT*
    Warning...... i have apparently found a problems on .reg files in this link... the correct command i need to put it's:

Code: PowerShell -windowstyle hidden -Command "Start-Process cmd -ArgumentList '/s,/k,pushd,%V' -Verb RunAs"[/quote] In the .reg files contain a "" after -command and it's not works........ apparently the -windowstyle hidden it's no work because i can see the powershell windows otherwise........

DjDiabolik, Sep 21, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 21, 2016
  13. [How-To] Context menu "Open elevated Command Prompt Here" without UAC

Oh yes... i have a little problems when i try to edit the "shell" voices.... i have need to obtain the full right on this voices to edit all *Smile

After that i have created a newest voices infact........

DjDiabolik, Sep 25, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad you got it sorted. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

[How-To] Context menu "Open elevated Command Prompt Here" without UAC

1. [How-To] Context menu "Open elevated Command Prompt Here" without UAC - Similar Threads - Context menu Open

2. Open Elevated Command Prompt via Context Menu ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Elevated Command Prompt via Context Menu ...: ... as the post title. My search here only found a tutorial for a 'standard' command prompt. -thx 167608
  3. Restore "Command Prompt Here" in folder context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore "Command Prompt Here" in folder context menu: After the installation of the latest windows 10 update, I was very annoyed my "Command Prompt Here" has disappeared again from the right mouse button menu, after I took a lot of effort to restore it. Windows Powershell is not an option for me, as it wreaks havoc on...
  4. UAC Elevation prompts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Elevation prompts?: Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt? And which one should I select for the Admin account? Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop or Prompt for Credentials? 137776
  5. Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt

Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt: Hello I just installed WIN 10 on an old laptop (if one can call a lenovo W700 a laptop), used a win7 product key and the authentication was accepted had to create a microsoft account, refuse to give them all kind of info... arghhh I am now trying to put in the LENOVO...
  6. How to remove Context Menu Program UAC Prompt

How to remove Context Menu Program UAC Prompt: Hi, Been trying to sort this out, but no luck with my searching. I am using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free. Everytime I attempt to use the conttext menu to scan a file, I get the UAC prompt, which is extremly frustrating. I know the premium version must add policies to...
  7. Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?: I have read everything I can find on Error messages regarding looping of Preparing to Repair. I can not open my computer to Windows...it never loads. I started experiencing problems a while ago. Finally, I would be able to get on line, but only for about a minute before it...
  8. Make Elevated Command Prompt open to %userprofile%

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Elevated Command Prompt open to %userprofile%: I have the Command Prompt icon on my Taskbar as I use it a lot. It's set to always run as Administrator, so when I launch it, the Command Prompt window opens to C:\Windows\system32. I want it to open to %userprofile% which is C:\Users\myaccountname. Has anyone found a...
  9. Create Elevated Shortcut without UAC prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Elevated Shortcut without UAC prompt in Windows 10: How to: Create Elevated Shortcut without UAC prompt in Windows 10 How to Create Elevated App Shortcut without UAC Prompt in Windows 10 When you open an application file with UAC prompt for approval before the app is allowed to run with elevated rights. In addition,...
  10. Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10: How to: Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10 [img] Information A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands in an elevated command prompt, you can perform tasks that require administrator rights on...