Windows 10: How to create a batch file to run a program at high priority?

Discus and support How to create a batch file to run a program at high priority? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried many ways for changing and saving the priorities to high, for games I play,and they succeeded,but only for one game the priority saves... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tenmen, Apr 5, 2018.

1. tenmen Win User

How to create a batch file to run a program at high priority?

I have tried many ways for changing and saving the priorities to high, for games I play,and they succeeded,but only for one game the priority saves only as ''Above normal'' !
    How do I fix this? Please help me!Thanks!

tenmen, Apr 5, 2018
  2. tenmen Win User

Hi,

I would like to know how to create a batch file to run a program via it at high priority as default in Win 10?

Please tell me!
    Thanks to all in advance!
    Best regards!

:)

tenmen, Apr 7, 2018
  3. Smittychat., Apr 7, 2018
  4. lacrumb Win User

Create a batch file to automatically reboot to a dual boot option

You should be able to set the dual boot order in the BIOS.

lacrumb, Apr 7, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 7, 2018
  6. RickC Win User
    Alternatively, you could use Nir Sofer's AdvancedRun (which gives a lot of configurable options).

Note: Make sure you download the right version for your system, i.e. x32 or (more likely) x64.

Use the AdvancedRun's GUI to create/save a configuration (.CFG) file with the parameters you want, e.g. process priority and/or elevation.

From then on, use a BAT file.

For example, say you want to run REGEDIT (the Registry Editor) as 'High Priority' and as 'System'.

1. Download and unzip AdvancedRun (to, say, C:\Support).
    2. Use AdvancedRun's GUI to select your parameters (shown as a) then save them as a .CFG file (shown as b)... say, C:\Support\rrhpas.cfg.

How to create a batch file to run a program at high priority? [​IMG]

3. Create a .BAT file with the following to re-use the .CFG file.
    Code: C:\Support\AdvancedRun.exe /Run "C:\Support\rrhpas.cfg"[/quote]
    When the .BAT file is run it will create the following process:

How to create a batch file to run a program at high priority? [​IMG]

Of course, you'll also have to deal with 'normal' elevation issues, e.g. using Task Scheduler to run the .BAT file.

Hope this helps...

RickC, Apr 7, 2018
Thema:

1. How to create a batch file to run a program at high priority? - Similar Threads - create batch file

2. need help creating a batch program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need help creating a batch program: Hi, good day.I need help.I want to create a batch command to close all open programs, like everything that is open on my windows.Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-creating-a-batch-program/e3cd2de8-29c5-405e-affb-919f9600e1f0
  3. need help creating a batch program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help creating a batch program: Hi, good day.I need help.I want to create a batch command to close all open programs, like everything that is open on my windows.Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-creating-a-batch-program/e3cd2de8-29c5-405e-affb-919f9600e1f0
  4. need help creating a batch program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Creating batch file on Win10

Creating batch file on Win10: Hey, this is someone's previous answer of creating a bat file but it only works if you dont change the file name first to "*.bat" before you open the file:Open the fileClick Save AsSelect the desired locationIn the File name field, type Whatever.batIn the Type field, select...
  6. Creating batch file on Win10

Creating batch file on Win10: Hey, this is someone's previous answer of creating a bat file but it only works if you dont change the file name first to "*.bat" before you open the file:Open the fileClick Save AsSelect the desired locationIn the File name field, type Whatever.batIn the Type field, select...
  7. Create batch files with Batch?

Create batch files with Batch?: How to create Batch and VBS files with Batch? So I write a batch file which I then convert to exe that creates new folders in a certain directory and then creates batch and VBS files with a certain content and saves them in the created folder. So it's similar to a program...
  8. How do I make a program high priority for the CPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make a program high priority for the CPU?: Well yeah, the title basically. I tried to look it up but task manager doesn't seem to have the set priority option when I right click, plus I don't wanna do it every time I open it and I'm not sure if the task manager way will work for that submitted by /u/Mr__Weasels...
  9. Create Multipurpose batch file

Create Multipurpose batch file: Hope this is the correct sub forum for this.. Often use a variety of command line functions e.g. winver / netplwiz etc etc Is there a way of creating a batchfile to include multiple commands with a number option to select...would be so handy i.e. 1 Netplwiz 2 Winver...
  10. How to run batch file with powershell

How to run batch file with powershell: I created a basic batch file that uses "net share" to share a local path. I saved the batch file. When I double click the file I get "access is denied"... note, I am logged on as a admin. Anyways... I figure it has to be run using power shell. I do not know much about...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to write bat file to set high priority