Windows 10: How to create reinstall disc for windows 10

Discus and support How to create reinstall disc for windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated a Lenovo Laptop from it's original Windows 8 (not 8.1) to Windows 10. The Laptop is working fine with all the updates and added apps install.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gilloz, Feb 17, 2016.

1. gilloz Win User

How to create reinstall disc for windows 10

I updated a Lenovo Laptop from it's original Windows 8 (not 8.1) to Windows 10. The Laptop is working fine with all the updates and added apps install. Now, how do I create a reinstall, recovery or image disc in order to restore the OS prior to the time just before creating this backup disc? Again, this was an update to Windows 10, not a clean install. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

NOTE: Sorry, will check tutorials first.

:)

gilloz, Feb 17, 2016

2. Will I be able to do a clean install Windows 10 on a new HDD/SSD???

Yes, just make sure you first upgrade, activate.

Install your new hard disk and reinstall.

Create a recovery disc in advance:

How
    to: Create a Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Feb 17, 2016
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    How to Create a System Repair Disc for Windows 10

Here it usually downloads at or near my dsl max speed, maybe an hour download.. i forget exacts.

'Mike P, Feb 17, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

5. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Feb 17, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Also, if you make a vanilla Windows 10 installation disk/USB from a downloaded ISO, you can save your computer specific drivers by creating a folder on the USB or other location. I call my DriversW10, but you can call it whatever you want. Then from an elevated ("run as administrator") command prompt run:

dism /online /export-driver /destination:E:\DriversW10

The part in red will be the path to whatever folder you make. Then when you do a clean install, if you have unknown devices in device manger you can update driver software and point it to the DriversW10 folder and it will pull the driver out of there and install it.

NavyLCDR, Feb 17, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

1. How to create reinstall disc for windows 10 - Similar Threads - create reinstall disc

2. Can't create a WINDOWS 10 repair disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create a WINDOWS 10 repair disc: I have two laptops, A Dell with WINDOWS 10 PRO with all updates applied. Also an ASUS with WINDOWS 10 HOME with all updates applied.I purchased the ASUS with Windows 10 installed and have been applying updates as they have been made available. I have been able tosuccessfully...
  3. Can't create a WINDOWS 10 repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't create a WINDOWS 10 repair disc: I have two laptops, A Dell with WINDOWS 10 PRO with all updates applied. Also an ASUS with WINDOWS 10 HOME with all updates applied.I purchased the ASUS with Windows 10 installed and have been applying updates as they have been made available. I have been able tosuccessfully...
  4. Can't create a WINDOWS 10 repair disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. create a system repair disc for windows 10 home?

create a system repair disc for windows 10 home?: how do i make a system repair disc for windows 10 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-system-repair-disc-for-windows-10-home/29f1ea89-8bba-4746-bfc5-1395dcdf84f7
  6. Used Windows Disc Image To Reinstall Windows 10

Used Windows Disc Image To Reinstall Windows 10: I need help , My laptop had so many virus that made my Laptop slow. So i decided to reset my Laptop. When i tried to reset my laptop , There was a screen where it was written that Reset by image disc . i downloaded the window image disc that made my laptop to re install...
  7. Reinstall Windows 10 without disc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows 10 without disc: Please help. I have been having a lot of problems with my computer so I did a system restore and it took me back to Windows 7. I purchased Windows 10 back in January 2017 and I have a license key. Where do I go to reinstall Windows 10? Thank you....
  8. How to create a Windows 10 (1803) Recovery Disc

How to create a Windows 10 (1803) Recovery Disc: After recently upgrading to V1803, I decided it would be advisable to create System Repair and Recovery discs. Had no problem creating a CD for the System Repair. Creating the Recovery disc was another story. I entered "recovery drive" in the search box and got the creation...
  9. Create Recovery Discs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Create Recovery Discs: I am wondering how to create my own recovery discs because my OEM (ASUS) does not provide any. I need one that includes all my drivers and software provided with my computer as well as none of the existing software installed. Thanks in advance. 45144
  10. Create System Repair Disc in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create System Repair Disc in Windows 10: How to: Create System Repair Disc in Windows 10 How to Create a System Repair Disc in Windows 10 [img] Information A system repair disc can be used to boot your computer. It also contains Windows system recovery tools that can help you recover Windows from a serious...