Windows 10: How to Customise Library Folders after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Discus and support How to Customise Library Folders after Windows 10 Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607. I am able to customize my folder views in C:\ drive using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Masti Mathew, Oct 10, 2016.

1. How to Customise Library Folders after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Hi,

I just upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607.
    I am able to customize my folder views in C:\ drive using the " Apply to All folders" & it is very stable.
    However when I want to Customize the Folder View in Library, it is not possible because the "Apply to All Folders" is grayed ( deactivated). I am very much used to the Library which contains documents, Music, Videos & Pictures. So how can I customize my folder view in Library. Is there any option available ?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Regards Mathew

:)

Masti Mathew, Oct 10, 2016

2. Black Square behind some of my Folder Icons

Your Picture folders within Library view are a reflection of the same folders viewed using File Explorer.

You can not Customise folder Properties in Library view but you can right click the Library Folder then Open Folder Location where it can be Customised!

Hope this helps! ;-)

MarrachMicrosoft, Oct 10, 2016
  3. mkbryan Win User
    When trying to copy a Library I get Error 0x80028CA0: Type mismatch.

Indeed, prior to the Windows 10 Anniversary update (version 1607) in Windows 10 Home and 8.1, copying a library to a folder effectively merged the contents. I have used this functionality for daily and weekly backups (a simple copy and paste) of Libraries
    to folders on a backup drive. Please fix the defect. It's a shame to lose functionality.

mkbryan, Oct 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How to Customise Library Folders after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

dalchina, Oct 10, 2016
  5. Yes I tried now but still did not work. When I "restore defaults" , the library folder itself is missing. So then there is no possibility to customize the folder view in library. Also tried the unclick inheritance route... that too did not help.

Also both the earlier forums reported as the issue not being solved by using both above methods.

Does anyone have a idea on my original request... how to solve it

Thanks again. Regards Mathew

Masti Mathew, Oct 10, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    What happens if you create a new user for test purposes- can you succeed then?
    If so, you have a corrupted user profile.

You might look at Tweaking.com's cautious free repair tool and its permissions repairs.

And to confirm- that button is not greyed out on mine (14393.222).

dalchina, Oct 10, 2016
  7. Dear Shawn,

I read the following in one of your tutorials for Windows 10.

*4. To Set Documents Template as Default for All Folders
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 8 below.
    All_Folders_Use_Documents_Folder_Template.bat

Referring to my original post, can I use this bat file to customize the folder view in my library.
    I encountered this problem only after upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary update 1607.

Thanks in advance for your comments & suggestions.

Regards
    Mathew

Masti Mathew, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to Customise Library Folders after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

1. How to Customise Library Folders after Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Customise Library Folders

2. How to change Library folder template on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Library folder template on Windows 10: If you want to change the view or template of Library folders on Windows 10, then this guide will be handy for you. There is more than one method to use to get a different look for your Library folders. Library folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc.) come as...
  3. To Customise File Explorer in Libraries View...?

in Windows 10 Customization
    To Customise File Explorer in Libraries View...?: Hello Community Members PLEASE see the picture enclosed for your convenience and reference about want I am trying to do I want to have when FE File Explorer is OPEN to have a SET-LOOK for EASY-ACCESS So I am ORGANISED in my business and working environment saving me...
  4. Bug with folder "properties -> Customise -> optimise this folder for" after update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bug with folder "properties -> Customise -> optimise this folder for" after update.: I like my laptop nice and tidy, so I use folder "properties -> Customise -> optimise this folder for" music, pictures, etc, the templates I have configured as I need and it was working pretty ell, after an updates one or two weeks ago... now all folders switched back to...
  5. Applying folder customisations to every folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applying folder customisations to every folder: Is it possible to apply a folder customisation (columns like name, date modified, etc. and their width) to every folder on my computer? Ideally it would also be applied to new folders I create. submitted by /u/HalfOfAKebab [link] [comments]...
  6. Customise Folder Not Working

Customise Folder Not Working: Hello, i recently noticed that my customise folder options are not working anymore and i have to manually change the columns of each folder instead of applying the settings to the folders i want via the customise tab. For example instead of size, date modified etc i want to...
  7. Customise Folder is Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Customise Folder is Not Working: Hello, i recently noticed that my customise folder options are not working anymore and i have to manually change the columns of each folder instead of applying the settings to the folders i want via the customise tab. For example instead of size, date modified etc i want to...
  8. Customising Folder Icons

Customising Folder Icons: I would like to add more icons to the existing list of icons for customising folders. How to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customising-folder-icons/e092c859-c167-468f-9254-68183b0a65d8"
  9. Windows 10 anniversary update after problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update after problems: Hi all, thanks for dropping by my post and having a read. So.. yes by the looks of things there seems to be on various boards problems with the windows 10 anniversary update. Unfortunately I am in that camp. 2 desktops and a laptop have all been struck with the same issue....
  10. How to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 News
    How to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Update 8/16/16: The Windows 10 Anniversary Update has begun rolling out for Windows 10 Mobile. The Anniversary Update includes additional features and improvements for your Windows 10 phone. To manually check for the update,...