Windows 10: Open Folder Options in Windows 10

Discus and support Open Folder Options in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open Folder Options in Windows 10 How to Open Folder Options for File Explorer in Windows 10 You can use File Explorer Options (aka:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by acmanten, Jul 28, 2015.

1. acmanten Win User

Open Folder Options in Windows 10

How to: Open Folder Options in Windows 10

How to Open Folder Options for File Explorer in Windows 10

You can use File Explorer Options (aka: Folder Options) to change the way files and folders function and how items are displayed on your computer.

This tutorial will show you different ways on how to open Folder Options or File Explorer Options in Windows 10.

*note The Apply to Folders option will be grayed out unless you open File Explorer Options from within the same folder window in File Explorer that you want to have applied to other folders that use the same folder template.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Open File Explorer Options in the Control Panel
    • Option Two: To Open Folder Options in File Explorer Ribbon
    • Option Three: To Open Folder Options in File Explorer File menu
    • Option Four: To Open Folder Options in File Explorer using Keyboard Shortcut
    • Option Five: To Open Folder Options from Quick Access in File Explorer

EXAMPLE: File Explorer Options

Open Folder Options in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Open File Explorer Options in the Control Panel
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the File Explorer Options icon. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Open Folder Options in File Explorer Ribbon
    1. Open File Explorer (Win+E).

2. Click/tap on the View tab, and click/tap on Options in the ribbon. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Open Folder Options in File Explorer File menu

2. Click/tap on the File tab, and click/tap on Change folder and search options in the File menu. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Open Folder Options in File Explorer using Keyboard Shortcut

2. Press the Alt+V keys to see the available keyboard shortcuts in the "View" tab of the ribbon, and then press the Y and O keys. (see screenshots below)

OPTION FIVE [/i] To Open Folder Options from Quick Access in File Explorer

2. Right click or press and hold on navigation pane, and click/tap on Options. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

acmanten, Jul 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 Address Bar History

FOR WINDOWS 10

1. RIGHT CLICK ON THE WINDOWS START ICON IN LOWER LEFT CORNER

2. SELECT RUN

3. TYPE REGEDIT

4. CHOOSE TO ALLOW CHANGES

5. OPEN FOLDER HKEY_CURRENT_USER

6. OPEN FOLDER SOFTWARE

7. OPEN FOLDER MICROSOFT

8. OPEN FOLDER WINDOWS

9. OPEN FOLDER CURRENTVERSION

10. OPEN FOLDER EXPLORER

11. OPEN FOLDER TYPEDPATHS

12. DELETE ALL TYPED PATHS IN FOLDER

BARTMEDLEY, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Address Bar History

FOR WINDOWS 10

1. RIGHT CLICK ON THE WINDOWS START ICON IN LOWER LEFT CORNER

2. SELECT RUN

3. TYPE REGEDIT

4. CHOOSE TO ALLOW CHANGES

5. OPEN FOLDER HKEY_CURRENT_USER

6. OPEN FOLDER SOFTWARE

7. OPEN FOLDER MICROSOFT

8. OPEN FOLDER WINDOWS

9. OPEN FOLDER CURRENTVERSION

10. OPEN FOLDER EXPLORER

11. OPEN FOLDER TYPEDPATHS

12. DELETE ALL TYPED PATHS IN FOLDER

BARTMEDLEY, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Thank you Cliff. It has been corrected now. It looked like the r got cut off. *Smile

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  5. blksith0 Win User
    TenForums has the best tutorial format, imo, with the most thorough screenshots and info provided. Props to whoever goes through the effort to set it up.
    Onto my question:
    Is the fastest native hotkey to open up the Folder Options window the Alt+V,Y,O combo?

blksith0, Mar 22, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello blksith0, *Smile

It sure is while in File Explorer.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Open Folder Options in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open Folder Options

2. Windows opening option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows opening option: I recently updated my Dell Inspiron 5515 to BIOS 1.12.0. I was able to turn my laptop on after opening the lid but after the update I can't anymore. How could I turn it on ?...
  3. Windows opening option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows opening option: I recently updated my Dell Inspiron 5515 to BIOS 1.12.0. I was able to turn my laptop on after opening the lid but after the update I can't anymore. How could I turn it on ?...
  4. Windows opening option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Open File Folder option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Open File Folder option: I frequently want to find the folder where a file is and go to the file folder not the file itself. If I open the start menu or the magnifier, I can type in a file name, it usually says open or copy path as shown below Only in the recommended do I see open folder, but...
  6. Windows 11 Open File Folder option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Open File Folder option: I frequently want to find the folder where a file is and go to the file folder not the file itself. If I open the start menu or the magnifier, I can type in a file name, it usually says open or copy path as shown below Only in the recommended do I see open folder, but...
  7. Folder Not Opening In Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Not Opening In Windows 10 ?: Hello Microsoft, in my PC when I open the folder by double click it automatically open as PowerShell window. I tried disabling PowerShell but still its not working. Please help me on this. Best Regards, Ayush....
  8. Edit options list "Open Folder with" in Windows Explorer

Edit options list "Open Folder with" in Windows Explorer: Hi, Do someone know how to access or edit the "Open Folder with" list of options ? In registry or elsewhere. To edit the "Open with" for a specific file type, I know the registry path is the following:...
  9. Windows 10 Backup Folder Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Backup Folder Option: Hello, I need to set auto backups on one folder. I turned on Backup from Settings, but it automatically has a huge list of folders under "Backup these folders." I don't want any of those folders backed up. How can I clear that list so to have only the one folder? Thanks....
  10. Folder options in Windows 10

Folder options in Windows 10: When in file explorer I right click on a file and then click on send to and in the next list of options there is a "send to mail recipient". What happens when I use this option and how do I know files were sent?...