Windows 10: How to Delete All Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge w/ bat or reg key

Discus and support How to Delete All Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge w/ bat or reg key in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to delete all saved passwords in Microsoft Edge either using a bat file or reg key. Looking for a way to protect users in public... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ithelp, Jan 13, 2016.

1. ithelp Win User

How to Delete All Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge w/ bat or reg key

Does anyone know how to delete all saved passwords in Microsoft Edge either using a bat file or reg key. Looking for a way to protect users in public computer classroom. Thanks

:)

ithelp, Jan 13, 2016

2. Icons Flashing after Windows 10 1511 Update

Hi.

I finally found the final and exact solution !

It's a problem with Microsoft Edge.

Microsoft Edge would like to be default application for the extentions :

- pdf

- html

- htm

- svg

- xml

But on some sessions on a computer with Windows 10 1511 on a domaine controller, it can't.

So the only solution is to delete the registry keys of theses extentions.

You can't use the "default application extention" options of the legacy control pannel, the new control panel, and the "open with" options.

I've create a .bat file to automatically delete all of theses extentions attributions :

reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.htm /f

reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.html /f

reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.pdf /f

reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.svg /f

reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.xml /f

So please Microsoft, fix it with an update or a new build !

I must use this bat on an important number of computers in my company.

And this bug occurs on an aleatory number of computers in my company.

tnicolas02, Jan 13, 2016
  3. Getting rid of "One Drive sign up" invitation

Hardly complicated. I have all the commands saved as a .BAT batch file and simply execute it from an admin command prompt:

taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe

%SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall

rd "%UserProfile%\OneDrive" /Q /S

rd "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S

rd "%ProgramData%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S

rd "C:\OneDriveTemp" /Q /S

REG Delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f

REG Delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f

Wipes all traces of OD from the system, including the navigation pane in Explorer.

RobertJWin, Jan 13, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Jan 13, 2016
  5. ithelp Win User
    Thank you for your response but is there a way to perform it via a batch file or registry change? I would like to push this out via GPO for about 250 public computers, that several walk-in job seekers use.

ithelp, Jan 13, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    That I don't know.
    Sorry.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Delete All Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge w/ bat or reg key - Similar Threads - Delete Saved Passwords

2. Delete Passwords in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Passwords in Microsoft Edge: I had my computer worked on and somehow I am seeing multiple people's passwords in my Microsoft Edge Wallet. How do I delete more than one password at a time? If I have to, how do I delete all of them? I delete some but then they come back....
  3. Delete Passwords in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Passwords in Microsoft Edge: I had my computer worked on and somehow I am seeing multiple people's passwords in my Microsoft Edge Wallet. How do I delete more than one password at a time? If I have to, how do I delete all of them? I delete some but then they come back....
  4. Microsoft Edge keeps deleting saved passwords

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge keeps deleting saved passwords: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge is one of the best web browsers for Windows users. It comes with some unique features that you will not find in other web browsers, like Math Solver, Vertical Tabs, etc. If you are a Microsoft Edge user, you probably know that Edge lets you save...
  5. Path Entries with BAT or REG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Path Entries with BAT or REG: Hey guys i have a question about path entries, i added this 5 path items in the rectangle by hand [img] is there a command line parameter that will add them with one command ? and is there a way to do it with a reg file? thanks 164858
  6. Using Powershell to delete REG key for all users

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Powershell to delete REG key for all users: Hey all, not sure if this is the right place to ask, especially considering how pointed the question is. We're trying to do a thorough clean install of a software due to changing the version (specifically, we're moving from SolidWorks 2017 to 2020 SP04). However, the issue...
  7. Microsoft Edge Access to Saved Passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Access to Saved Passwords: These are the hoops one goes through to view saved passwords using Edge: Settings>Passwords and Autofill>Manage Passwords>Select website. To see what's hidden by dots, go to Control Panel>User Accounts>Manage Web Credentials. Then select the same website and to view the...
  8. Microsoft Edge won't save passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge won't save passwords: Hi, I have a problem with Microsoft Edge. It won't save my passwords on sites, nor it will ask me to save passwords on sites. I have quite a few that were save previously with Windows 7, but obviously, not all of them have transferred to Windows 10. I have been to Settings,...
  9. .REG vs .BAT

in Windows 10 Support
    .REG vs .BAT: Howdy, Strange behavior! I set the following 2 registry keys via both .reg and .bat file in Windows 10 to control System Protection. I don't care if they work or not and if this is the key to work on or not. .bat file works but .reg file not! Spent sometime and just...
  10. Reg to Bat

in Windows 10 Support
    Reg to Bat: Hi everyone, I'm so sorry if this is not the proper forum to ask, but didn't found one for registry related questions. I have a small .reg file and I have converted it to .bat using a tool and am not sure if it's converted correctly and bug free! Is there anyone expert in...