Windows 10: how to disable automatic maintenance in Windows 10?

Discus and support how to disable automatic maintenance in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'd like to turn of automatic maintenance, just like i did in Windows 8/8.1. It was easy and straight forward, but in Windows 10 it seems they took the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Masdog, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Masdog Win User

how to disable automatic maintenance in Windows 10?

I'd like to turn of automatic maintenance, just like i did in Windows 8/8.1. It was easy and straight forward, but in Windows 10 it seems they took the options away in task scheduler. Frustrating since i do not want my computer looking for updates or running maintenance every single day, it's a waste of my CPU and takes a lot of processing power from it. I use my own security that is way better than windows security and don't want my computer sending Microsoft info about my computer daily. Is there a service in "MSCONFIG" that controls all this stuff? Since it seems to be hidden from users now. I'm not a 3 year old, I don't need Microsoft babysitting my computer. Or am I better off just reformatting my HD back to Windows 8.1....or even better make sure i buy an apple computer next time i buy..

:)

Masdog, Aug 25, 2015

2. How to disable automatic maintenance permanently?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

In Windows 8.1, you could open the task scheduler and browse to the location: Task Scheduler > Microsoft > Windows > Task Scheduler. You could then eventually, disable
    Idle Maintenance & Regular Maintenance. But in Windows 10, these entries are not listed.

In this case, I would suggest you to send your feedback using the Feedback App in Windows 10. To open the feedback app:

• Open Start menu.
    • Type Feedback and hit Enter
    • Follow the prompts
    Hope the information helps.

Harkanwar Singh, Aug 25, 2015
  3. How to disable automatic maintenance permanently?

How to disable automatic maintenance permanently? The task Idle Maintenance and Regular Maintenance does not present in Task Scheduler anymore in Windows 10.

UltimateGTR, Aug 25, 2015
  4. Masdog Win User

i did find "task scheduler" in MSCONFIG and disabled it, but when you hit apply it automatically re-checks the enable box....I attempted to disable a whole bunch of Microsoft services a few days ago, ended up disabling the one that controlled start menu and the new search bar next to the start icon. couldn't figure out what one controlled it, so i had to re-enable the whole Microsoft list..

Masdog, Aug 25, 2015
  5. Masdog Win User
    nobody knows?? come on..........

Masdog, Aug 28, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

1. how to disable automatic maintenance in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - disable automatic maintenance

2. How do I disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 11.: I retore to a stable configuration and stop Updates, but Maintenance just installs them on restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-automatic-maintenance-in-windows/341209ec-efc9-4c95-b602-e0f823845b72
  3. How do I disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 11.: I retore to a stable configuration and stop Updates, but Maintenance just installs them on restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-automatic-maintenance-in-windows/341209ec-efc9-4c95-b602-e0f823845b72
  4. WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.: My automatic maintenance does not work on Windows 10 as required. I want to disable it. Its only meant to run once a day at the set time but everyone knows that doesnt happen and it seems to scan numerous times throughout the day when my computer is idle, disrupting my work...
  5. WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.: My automatic maintenance does not work on Windows 10 as required. Im sick of it and want to disable it. Its only meant to run once a day at the set time but everyone knows that doesnt happen and it seems to scan numerous times throughout the day when my computer is idle,...
  6. WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.: My automatic maintenance does not work on Windows 10 as required. Im sick of it and want to disable it. Its only meant to run once a day at the set time but everyone knows that doesnt happen and it seems to scan numerous times throughout the day when my computer is idle,...
  7. How to disable "Automatic maintenance"?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to disable "Automatic maintenance"?: The Windows 8.1 method is not working... I cannot find "Idle Maintenance" under TaskScheduler anymore!!! 63833
  8. Disable automatic maintenance?

Disable automatic maintenance?: Since the task Idle Maintenance and Regular Maintenance does not present in Task Scheduler anymore in Windows 10, does anyone know how to disable automatic maintenance? 17025
  9. How to disable automatic maintenance?

How to disable automatic maintenance?: I want to disable automatic maintenance because my new SSD is arriving soon, and since SSDs have a limited life span, I want to preserve them as much as possible. ( I know modern SSDs can last a loooooooooong time, I just want to be super careful with mine. *Smile)...
  10. Enable or Disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance is when Windows automatically runs maintenance on a daily schedule when you're not using your computer. This includes...