Windows 10: How to disable "Automatic maintenance"?

Discus and support How to disable "Automatic maintenance"? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The Windows 8.1 method is not working... I cannot find "Idle Maintenance" under TaskScheduler anymore!!! 63833 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pipppero2007, Sep 14, 2016.

1. How to disable "Automatic maintenance"?

The Windows 8.1 method is not working...

I cannot find "Idle Maintenance" under TaskScheduler anymore!!!

:)

Pipppero2007, Sep 14, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Sep 14, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Sep 14, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

How to disable "Automatic maintenance"?

No, I don't think you can disable automatic maintenance in Windows 10 any more .

However, as you are asking about SSDs here https://www.tenforums.com/performance...tml#post812621 I'm guessing it's the automatic optimisation that you want to turn off. That you can do.

Start the 'Defragment and Optimize Drives' app and click the 'Change settings' button.

How to disable "Automatic maintenance"? [​IMG]

5. TairikuOkami, Sep 15, 2016
  6. So the solution in the tuturial section is still valid even for UA.

Please, I don't bore you too much, what I lose by disabling it? I am really afraid that next time I will leave the PC alone it will block but also I want to be aware about what kind of care I am losing.

Thank you

Pipppero2007, Sep 15, 2016
  7. I can not think of anything really. All maintenance tasks like defrag, disk cleanup or component cleanup have their own tasks. I think the only difference is, that the system maintenance can not be stopped, but those separate tasks run only, when the computer is idle.

TairikuOkami, Sep 15, 2016
  8. How to disable "Automatic maintenance"?

I dont want tools to run when idle.
    I dont know what of that make my pc stuck with tiworker.exe

Pipppero2007, Sep 15, 2016
  9. Then you would have to disable all of them, there about 50 tasks running by default.

That process is running, when Windows is working with system files, usually Windows Update, component cleanup, etc.

TairikuOkami, Sep 15, 2016
  10. rseiler Win User
    The one that activates (actually, a group) after exactly 4 minutes of idle time is the one that most drives me crazy, since absolutely nothing could be that important.

I tried hunting it down once using TaskSchedulerView, which is the only sanity-preserving way of trying to figure out Microsoft's myriad tasks, and I gave up when I had gotten up to disabling around 10 that were activating upon idle. There was always one more.

rseiler, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to disable "Automatic maintenance"?

1. How to disable "Automatic maintenance"? - Similar Threads - disable Automatic maintenance

2. WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.: My automatic maintenance does not work on Windows 10 as required. I want to disable it. Its only meant to run once a day at the set time but everyone knows that doesnt happen and it seems to scan numerous times throughout the day when my computer is idle, disrupting my work...
  3. WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.: My automatic maintenance does not work on Windows 10 as required. Im sick of it and want to disable it. Its only meant to run once a day at the set time but everyone knows that doesnt happen and it seems to scan numerous times throughout the day when my computer is idle,...
  4. WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.: My automatic maintenance does not work on Windows 10 as required. Im sick of it and want to disable it. Its only meant to run once a day at the set time but everyone knows that doesnt happen and it seems to scan numerous times throughout the day when my computer is idle,...
  5. How to change time of automatic maintenance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change time of automatic maintenance?: Every single night, between 2:00 and 3:00am, my computer wakes itself up from sleep. The keyboard lights up, both monitor turn on, and the pc starts making noise. It does this because it is doing automatic maintenance. This wakes me up. Every single night. It wakes up 2-4...
  6. Automatic Maintenance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Maintenance: This feature was accessed about 45 minutes ago and is still running. How do I get it to complete the maintenance, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-maintenance/40119d17-0c2e-41b4-9982-19d4ec0cfe38
  7. how to disable automatic maintenance in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to disable automatic maintenance in Windows 10?: I'd like to turn of automatic maintenance, just like i did in Windows 8/8.1. It was easy and straight forward, but in Windows 10 it seems they took the options away in task scheduler. Frustrating since i do not want my computer looking for updates or running maintenance every...
  8. Disable automatic maintenance?

Disable automatic maintenance?: Since the task Idle Maintenance and Regular Maintenance does not present in Task Scheduler anymore in Windows 10, does anyone know how to disable automatic maintenance? 17025
  9. How to disable automatic maintenance?

How to disable automatic maintenance?: I want to disable automatic maintenance because my new SSD is arriving soon, and since SSDs have a limited life span, I want to preserve them as much as possible. ( I know modern SSDs can last a loooooooooong time, I just want to be super careful with mine. *Smile)...
  10. Enable or Disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance is when Windows automatically runs maintenance on a daily schedule when you're not using your computer. This includes...