Windows 10: How to disable language switch indicator? (Windows 10) It appears when I'm changing...

Discus and support How to disable language switch indicator? (Windows 10) It appears when I'm changing... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Masterez [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Masterez, Jan 9, 2020.

1. How to disable language switch indicator? (Windows 10) It appears when I'm changing...

/u/Masterez, Jan 9, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jan 9, 2020
  3. yeye11 Win User
    Disable Windows 10 language popup

Is it possible to disable the popup list of input languages at the bottom right corner when having + pressed in Windows 10 version 1903?

How to disable language switch indicator? (Windows 10) It appears when I'm changing... d2b69442-2fd3-485a-9c98-6572960be16a?upload=true.png

I do not want to disable the + hotkey (or + for that matter) or the ability to switch languages; I just want to switch off
    this popup that was introduced in build

I've tried
    turning off the language indicator
    . The indicator turns off, the popup stays.

To add insult to injury, the popup often appears when I'm not even going to change the input language. E.g., I'm editing text in a text editor, actively using and to select and move blocks of text, and the language popup keeps appearing.

Until we find a solution>

If I am pressing Shift first - the popup doesn't appear at all.

But it is NOT a fix, it is just a temporary solution that doesn't

makes it UNNECESSARY to find the way to switch off it completely!!!!

This is repost from superuser.com

yeye11, Jan 9, 2020
  4. AndreyT Win User

How to disable language switch indicator? (Windows 10) It appears when I'm changing...

Hot key for changing languages (Win+Spacebar) disabled?

AFAIK, Win+Space combination has never been listed as a user-selectable option for switching languages. It is a "built-in" combination for the integrated Windows 8/10 language indicator (the one that says "ENG" instead of "EN"). It is supposed to work always, unconditionally, regardless of what other combination you select.

What I don't immediately know is what is supposed to happen if you switch from the new integrated language indicator back to the classic XP/Windows 7-style dockable language bar (the one that says "EN"). Is that supposed to disable Win+Space combo or not?

So, are you using the old-style language bar on your computer? If so, this might be the reason why Win+Space no longer works.

AndreyT, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

How to disable language switch indicator? (Windows 10) It appears when I'm changing...

1. How to disable language switch indicator? (Windows 10) It appears when I'm changing... - Similar Threads - disable language switch

2. Keep changing the font when switching the language

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep changing the font when switching the language: Hi.I am here to ask is there a way to solve this problem:when i switch to any language on the computer,if i hold shift and type space,the words with change the font to like but when i do the same action again and the font will become normal again.This not only happen on Word...
  3. Prevent keyboard layout change when switching languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent keyboard layout change when switching languages: Hello. On windows 10, I have installed both the Italian my native language and Japanese I sometimes type with it keyboards. However, I noticed a very annoying behaviour: once I switch from Italian to Japanese, mykeyboard layout changes too, from Italian correct to English...
  4. Prevent layout changing when switching languages

Prevent layout changing when switching languages: Hello. On windows 10, I have installed both the Italian my native language and Japanese I sometimes type with it keyboards. However, I noticed a very annoying behaviour: once I switch from Italian to Japanese, mykeyboard layout changes too, from Italian correct to English...
  5. How to Disable Language changing hotkey

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Disable Language changing hotkey: hello, idk if this problem is common but i didnt have this problem when i was using windows 10 home edition, i changed my windows to win10 pro and now when ever i play games, *competitive games mostly* i have this problem where it prompts me to change language CTRL + SHIFT +...
  6. Change old language indicator to new language indicator

Change old language indicator to new language indicator: I have been using the old language bar and indicator for a while, but I want to change it back to the new language indicator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-old-language-indicator-to-new-language/42093e61-e01c-4d56-8712-6c6a59e8d0ec
  7. Windows 10 language indicator(button) missing

Windows 10 language indicator(button) missing: the language indicator on windows is missing, tested everything found on the internet but to no avail.... anything else i can do about it? [ATTACH] the fix i tested are 1: regedit - add ctfmon 2: Turn On or Off Input Indicator in Settings 3: Use the desktop language...
  8. Windows 10 Typing Indic Language [Bangla]

Windows 10 Typing Indic Language [Bangla]: I am using Windows 10 Pro latest build . I need to type Bangla so that I installed the Bangla language pack and got the Bangla [India] inscript keyboard . The problem is that punctuation marks and symbols are not available for typing. Question mark, Colon, Semicolon,...
  9. Change the width of the "Language Indicator" in the taskbar

Change the width of the "Language Indicator" in the taskbar: After applying new theme on Windows 10, the font of the taskbar became bigger, so the word ENG was cropped on both sides how shown in image: [img] How can I increase the width of the Input Indicator? Or, as alternative, reduce font size in the taskbar. 51442
  10. How to disable Capslock and Numlock indicators Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable Capslock and Numlock indicators Windows 10: I just got a new Lenovo Ideapad running Windows 10. All things considered it's a fine operating system, and I'm having only minor, fixable problems. Except for this. [img] [img] These indicators are giant and distracting to the most annoying possible degree. I have...