Windows 10: How to disable windows defender/real time protection

Discus and support How to disable windows defender/real time protection in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Im on windows 10 home edition and this shit keeps bugging me and yes I know the risks etc. I know on the pro you can go and disable it pretty easy so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MidnightEmojis, Feb 13, 2020.

1. How to disable windows defender/real time protection

Im on windows 10 home edition and this shit keeps bugging me and yes I know the risks etc. I know on the pro you can go and disable it pretty easy so I was wondering if there is a method for people on the home

submitted by /u/MidnightEmojis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MidnightEmojis, Feb 13, 2020
  2. RyanSisk Win User

Windows Defender "Real Time Protection" will not disable

I cannot disable "Real Time Protection" in windows defender on Win 10 Creator Edition.

I have a 3rd party security software suite from ESET with real time protection so I want to disable the one in Defender. I try and click the slider to "Off" but it immediately bounces back without ever going to off and remains in the "On" position. I have
    disabled the antivirus software of windows defender in the registry but the real time defender toggle does not budge.

Anyone else have this issue or know of a solution?

RyanSisk, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Feb 13, 2020
  4. How to disable windows defender/real time protection

Untable to Control Windows Defender Real-time Protection On/Off

Sometimes, we need to turn off Windows Defender Real-time protection. In my experience, this software may cause some error to run Android Emulator such as BigNox. It also slowing down my Android Studio. To disable Windows Defender Real-time protection, I
    do these steps:

1. Run Windows PowerShell as administrator
    2. execute set-mppreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring 1
    Windows PowerShell

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> set-mppreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring 1

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

In Windows registry it will create

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Real-Time Protection -> DisableRealtimeMonitoring REG_DWORD 1

Tested on Windows 10 Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

But, during my computer idle, windows always put Real-time protection on. It is so annoying. I want to control Real-time Protection manually.

IGA Made Muliarsa, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

How to disable windows defender/real time protection

1. How to disable windows defender/real time protection - Similar Threads - disable defender real

2. Is it safe to disable Windows Defender's Real-time protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to disable Windows Defender's Real-time protection?: Is it safe to disable Real Time protection in Windows Defender if I ensure to manually scan any downloaded files before using them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-disable-windows-defenders-real-time/ea1a4bc5-014f-4f71-a99a-2ae6211ad0a9
  3. Is it safe to disable Windows Defender's Real-time protection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to disable Windows Defender's Real-time protection?: Is it safe to disable Real Time protection in Windows Defender if I ensure to manually scan any downloaded files before using them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-disable-windows-defenders-real-time/ea1a4bc5-014f-4f71-a99a-2ae6211ad0a9
  4. Windows Defender real time protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender real time protection: Hello everyone,I have a problem with windows defender, I can't enable real time protection, there is message says "You are using another Antivirus provider, but I don't have and I didn't have before I don't want to use third party Antivirus I have windows 11 , I have...
  5. Real-time protection disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Real-time protection disabled: Split from this thread. I was used a nice window 10 defender. but right now it disabled the real time protection as below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-time-protection-disabled/f0398bc1-7190-4a49-8e38-39842af00a91
  6. Real Time protection disabled

Real Time protection disabled: Real Time protection disabled and cannot be enable from Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-time-protection-disabled/4f7aa9c1-eb51-492b-8531-a008a84d523a
  7. Defender: Real Time Protection:

Defender: Real Time Protection:: I just installed the latest Build of Windows 10 . I get this notification in yellow text This setting is managed by your Administrator above the real time protection on Off button and it has been turned on but greyed out. I am not able to disable it. Have scanned it with...
  8. Unable to to Disable Defender Real Time Protection

Unable to to Disable Defender Real Time Protection: Hi I installed the April 2018 Win 10 Update today which has resulted in my CPU constantly working 15% higher due to the Antimalware Service Executable. I’ve tried to disable Defender as suggested by Microsoft but its instruction was to go to Settings / Update & Security /...
  9. Disable real-time protection.

Disable real-time protection.: I've only had Windows 10 for a few days and it's already annoyed me more than XP and Vista ever have combined. Right now my problem is the damn thing keeps enabling real-time protection for no apparent reason. I'm confused, was this software developed by primates by any...
  10. Disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender

Disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, I noticed that if I disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender, when I reboot the system, this protection comes back on automatically. Why? So, how do I prevent this? Thanks Bye 33201