Windows 10: How to download Windows 10 ISOs without using Media Creation Tool

Discus and support How to download Windows 10 ISOs without using Media Creation Tool in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you’re trying to download Windows 10 ISO images from Microsoft but the company’s official website is forcing the Media Creation Tool, here’s what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 22, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

How to download Windows 10 ISOs without using Media Creation Tool

If you’re trying to download Windows 10 ISO images from Microsoft but the company’s official website is forcing the Media Creation Tool, here’s what you can do.

There are many reasons why you might want to download Windows 10 ISO images. For example, you can use ISOs to create a bootable USB drive and use it to recover your computer in case it fails to load Windows.

The ISOs also allow clean-installs or upgrades and can help you deal with issues that sometimes hard reset can’t fix. Microsoft has a website where the company offers the ISOs and Media Creation Tool.

The company publishes new images whenever a new Windows 10 feature update reaches the consumer PCs (that happens twice a year). At the moment, Microsoft’s official website is offering the ISOs of Windows 10 April 2018 Update but downloading an ISO directly from Microsoft is not an easy task.

When you access Microsoft’s website, the company offers the Media Creation Tool instead. For those unfamiliar, the Media Creation Tool is as an application that would download the ISO file for you and create a bootable drive or upgrade your current PC.

Media Creation Tool is indeed a better solution for creating a bootable drive. Nevertheless, if you don’t agree with this, you can always trick Microsoft’s website and download the ISO files directly.

In short, to download ISOs:

• You would need to open emulation tab in Edge or Chrome.
    • Change the user agent string to a non-Windows 10 device.
    • Open Microsoft’s download page and the ISOs will show up.

If you’re still confused, follow the below guide and download Windows 10 ISO images officially from Microsoft.

Download Windows 10 ISO images from Microsoft

First and foremost, make sure you’re connected to a high-speed internet connection and you have a web browser window open.

How to download Windows 10 ISOs without using Media Creation Tool Microsoft-download-page.jpg

Launch Microsoft Edge and open the ISO download page from here. As you can see in the above screenshot, the download page is opened but there’s no mention of ISO files.

How to download Windows 10 ISOs without using Media Creation Tool Emulation-tab-in-Edge.jpg

Open developer tool by pressing F12 and tap on ‘Emulation’. You’re basically going to make the website believe that you’re using a non-Windows 10 device.

To do this, you need to change the user agent in Microsoft Edge. From the emulation tab, change the user agent string to Microsoft Edge – Windows 10 Mobile or Apple Safari (iPad).

How to download Windows 10 ISOs without using Media Creation Tool Edge-loads-ISO-download-page.jpg

The page will refresh and the ISOs download link will now show up on your screen. Microsoft’s website will help you make sure that you choose the right ISO version. For example, you’ll be asked to choose the language and the Windows 10 version. You can confirm whether your PC is 32-bit or 64-bit from Settings -> System -> About. You can also open the language and region settings to find the correct language.

How to download Windows 10 ISOs without using Media Creation Tool Edge-download-message.jpg

The download will start and you can open, save and cancel the process anytime. The download speed is up to your system and network speed.

How to download Windows 10 ISOs without using Media Creation Tool Emulation-tab-in-Chrome.jpg

If you’re not familiar with Edge browser, you can also download the ISOs using Google Chrome browser. To do this, open the Microsoft’s page from above link and access the developer tool by pressing F12 and change the user agent to iPhone or Pixel 2/2XL.

As noted above, ISOs of Windows 10 October 2018 Update is not yet available. According to reports, the official ISOs of the final version of the October update will be published next month.

Keep in mind that this tutorial will also work for the upcoming Windows 10 version 1809 Update. If you can’t wait, you can join the Insider program, download the Windows 10 preview build 17758 ISO images and upgrade your PC to October update right now.

The post How to download Windows 10 ISOs without using Media Creation Tool appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Vijay B Win User

Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Sep 22, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Downloading a Windows 10 iso without the Media Creation Tool

There is a trick you can use on the web page where you get the Media Creation Tool. This trick will allow you to download the latest ISO from that page. It works on Edge, Chrome and Firefox - Click
    HERE
    to read how to do that . . .

DaveM121, Sep 22, 2018
  4. How to download Windows 10 ISOs without using Media Creation Tool

windows 10 media creation tool

check the guide given below of tenforums that explain all the steps to create a USB:

Media creation Tool and Techbench are both updated with Version 1511.

The Techbench provides ISO's, so does the media creation Tool.You have both of the options, try anyone of these.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

Or Media Creation Tool:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Detailed steps:

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/download-windows-10-iso-file.1980/

The size of the update through Windows update and ISO are nearly the same.

HTH

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

How to download Windows 10 ISOs without using Media Creation Tool

1. How to download Windows 10 ISOs without using Media Creation Tool - Similar Threads - download ISOs without

2. Where to download windows 10 iso not media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to download windows 10 iso not media creation tool: I had windows 8 back in the day... there was a period when microsoft offered windows 10 pro upgrade free , which i took...The thing is , my copy of windows 10 had a boot file problem so I thought i'd download the media creation tool on my old xp machine , i dusted of the xp...
  3. Where to download windows 10 iso not media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where to download windows 10 iso not media creation tool: I had windows 8 back in the day... there was a period when microsoft offered windows 10 pro upgrade free , which i took...The thing is , my copy of windows 10 had a boot file problem so I thought i'd download the media creation tool on my old xp machine , i dusted of the xp...
  4. How to download Windows 10 ISO with or without Media Creation Tool

How to download Windows 10 ISO with or without Media Creation Tool: Step by step instruction on how to download Windows 10 ISO 1. Solution 1 - Official - Using Media Creation Tool 1.1. Step 1: Download Media Creation Tool 1.2. Step 2: Run the tool 2. Solution 2 - If you are using Mac, Linux, or cannot download using solution 1...
  5. How to download Windows 10 ISO - complete instruction with or without the Media Creation tool

How to download Windows 10 ISO - complete instruction with or without the Media Creation tool: For more detailed instruction, with explanation, please head tomy blog 1. Solution 1 - Official - Using Media Creation Tool 1.1. Step 1: Download Media Creation Tool download the media creation tool [ATTACH] 1.2. Step 2: Run the tool When running, Windows will...
  6. Download Windows 10 Enterprise ISO using Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 News
    Download Windows 10 Enterprise ISO using Media Creation Tool: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Media Creation Tool is one of the ways of downloading the latest Windows 10 Home and Pro editions ISO. You can also download the latest Enterprise Edition, assuming you have a valid product key. In this post, we will [...] This post Download Windows 10...
  7. Media Creation Tool & downloading Windows 10 ISO

Media Creation Tool & downloading Windows 10 ISO: Hello, I'm trying to download the Windows 10 ISO for school however whenever I try the download stays stuck at 0%. I have tried a few fixes and not have worked. The link to the fixes I have tried is posted here. Some of the things he says to do seem to be inaccurate with...
  8. Help --Where's the download ISO using media creation tool

Help --Where's the download ISO using media creation tool: Hi there I downloaded the ISO using Ms's creation tool -- I selected create ISO. After the download it prompted me to burn to a DVD -- I didn't want that because I was going to use rufus to create a number of USB sticks so I exited the program. Now I can't find the...
  9. Using Media creation tool with existing ISO

Using Media creation tool with existing ISO: Hello all, I am trying to transition all of my machines to UEFI and I am trying to use Windows' media creation tool to build up a bootable USB drive to begin testing. I have an existing ISO and set of files for Windows 10 Enterprise but I can't seem to find the option for...
  10. Downloading iso Windows 10 without media creation tool

Downloading iso Windows 10 without media creation tool: Hello! I first want to say that I'm on a very slow internet connections and I want to download windows 10 iso. For that I generated a download link from the windows 10 iso download for os not supporting media creation tool. There it says it'll expire within 24 hours but I...