Windows 10: How to fix windows defender offline problem

Discus and support How to fix windows defender offline problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I putted my hp pc to sleep (window 10), I've enabled Windows defender offline about a month ago, now when I power on it goes to an blue error screen... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Triple d, May 8, 2017.

1. Triple d Win User

How to fix windows defender offline problem

So I putted my hp pc to sleep (window 10), I've enabled Windows defender offline about a month ago, now when I power on it goes to an blue error screen saying that there was an error and they are collecting information and that they will restart for me and it never stops and when automatic repair comes under the hp logo it just switches and go onto windows defender and start all over again it goes on for days I can't log in.. Please I assistant

:)

Triple d, May 8, 2017

2. When starting new IE11 session, 2 new windows with IE11 pops up

I have now tried the Windows Defender offline scan, but no problems were found.

So, I am still wondering what causes the problem, and how to fix it.

Dennis Sørensen, May 8, 2017
  3. Windows STOP CODE: critical process died

Since running Windows Defender Offline my laptop loops around Preparing Automatic Repair then Windows Defender Offline restarts then PC ran into a problem and then STOP CODE: critical process died then restarts...

So far I have spent hours with Answer Desk booting from a USB etc. without a fix. They have given up and pointed me to paid support which I think is a bit of a cheek given the problem was caused by running Windows Defender Offline.

Does anyone know how to get out off this death cycle?

BillDallimer, May 8, 2017
  4. torre Win User

torre, May 9, 2017
  5. Triple d Win User
    Thanks for the response, but most all of those options require me to be logged into the PC, and I'm unable to log in at all due to the constant restarting

Triple d, May 9, 2017
  6. torre Win User
    torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to fix windows defender offline problem - Similar Threads - fix defender offline

2. Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: Hi everyone, sorry for the time if it shows but it's 3 in the morning I currently have a trojan, Wacatac.B!Ml or something similar. Well, after deleting it through Defender both manually by checking the folder and through Defender itself, I now have a doubt as to whether it...
  3. Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: Hi everyone, sorry for the time if it shows but it's 3 in the morning I currently have a trojan, Wacatac.B!Ml or something similar. Well, after deleting it through Defender both manually by checking the folder and through Defender itself, I now have a doubt as to whether it...
  4. Window defender offline.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window defender offline.: Like many old thread which is deadI wanna launch to window defender offline mode but as always it bootloop upon restartsbut the closest i got was window defender offline scan when it restart i pull the power then start up, it started to loading in window offline mode but then...
  5. How to fix HP printer Offline in windows 10 problem ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix HP printer Offline in windows 10 problem ?: I am using windows 10 . Recently my i am facing issue Printer offline please tell me how to fix these problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-hp-printer-offline-in-windows-10/eebb73e3-bc26-4433-9d95-f6a660a43e13
  6. Windows Defender Offline

Windows Defender Offline: Is Windows Defender Offline really working? Because I just did one scan right now. But after some seconds it just boots me back to Windows. What is happening? Is Windows Defender Offline even scanning for malwares?...
  7. Windows Defender offline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender offline: Is there a copy of mssstool64.exe that works for windows 10 current release. All I have found boot up but says it can't be started because it was unable to detect a windows system drive. error code 0x8004cc01 I made a bootable USB from what I thought was a W10 version but...
  8. Windows defender offline

Windows defender offline: I have a problem with windows defender under windows 10. Windows is upto date and defender is using upto date definitions. I can run a quick scan no problem, I can run a full scan no problem, however if I choose the offline scan option, defender brings up the " do you want to...
  9. Windows Defender Offline

Windows Defender Offline: Hi all, Can someone tell me if Windows Defender Offline is available in Windows 10 Pro? Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/defender_offline-protect_start-windows_10/windows-defender-offline/7a23a5b9-c83e-4427-912d-8c32c47544c6
  10. Windows Defender Offline

Windows Defender Offline: I have the CD with Windows Defender Offline to scan my computer. Do I start my computer to use it or do I put the the CD in and scan it with the computer off? I tried to do it that way, but nothing happened. I have Windows 7, if that matters....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security offline scan stops at 92%

2. defender offline scan stop code critical_process_died

3. how to fix windows defender offline wont start windows 10 1803