Windows 10: How to fix Windows Photo app? Tried a bunch of stuff win10 1903

Discus and support How to fix Windows Photo app? Tried a bunch of stuff win10 1903 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've got a localized user account problem with the default windows photo app since I've done the following: ****ed up my drivers so I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Max Pen, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Max Pen Win User

How to fix Windows Photo app? Tried a bunch of stuff win10 1903

Hello,

I've got a localized user account problem with the default windows photo app since I've done the following:

****ed up my drivers so I had to restore full system to an image of 3rd of November 2019.

Before I did that I made a backup of my user profile folder.

I restored the image and after restored the user profile backup over the original of that folder only.

The result is now that the windows photo app won't work and trow all sorts of errors. It does work on another user account but I need it to work on my main profile.

I've tried resetting it, uninstalling it through cmd>powershell and rebooting and then installing it again... it starts up for like 3 seconds with the image and then shuts itself off.

Any ideas? Running out of things to try.

ps windows 10 1903 version is what I'm on.

tried running this code but no results (source Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10)
    Code:

error in cmd:

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot convert 'System.String[]' to the type 'System.String'
    required by parameter 'Path'. De opgegeven methode wordt niet ondersteund.
    At line:1 char:133
    + ... t.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}
    + ~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: How to fix Windows Photo app? Tried a bunch of stuff win10 1903 :)) [Add-AppxPackage], Paramete
    rBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CannotConvertArgument,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.Pac
    kageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

:)

Max Pen, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Max Pen Win User

Hello,

I've got a localized user account problem with the default windows photo app since I've done the following:

****ed up my drivers so I had to restore full system to an image of 3rd of November 2019.

Before I did that I made a backup of my user profile folder.

I restored the image and after restored the user profile backup over the original of that folder only.

The result is now that the windows photo app won't work and trow all sorts of errors. It does work on another user account but I need it to work on my main profile.

I've tried resetting it, uninstalling it through cmd>powershell and rebooting and then installing it again... it starts up for like 3 seconds with the image and then shuts itself off.

Any ideas? Running out of things to try.

ps windows 10 1903 version is what I'm on.

tried running this code but no results (source Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10)
    Code:

error in cmd:

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot convert 'System.String[]' to the type 'System.String'
    required by parameter 'Path'. De opgegeven methode wordt niet ondersteund.
    At line:1 char:133
    + ... t.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}
    + ~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: How to fix Windows Photo app? Tried a bunch of stuff win10 1903 :)) [Add-AppxPackage], Paramete
    rBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CannotConvertArgument,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.Pac
    kageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Max Pen, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Max Pen Win User

So I figured it out that it is a bigger issue that is also affecting edge browserI have this issue I believe: Page not found – Help Desk Geek out that article, hope it works

Max Pen, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Max Pen Win User

Hey Brink,

I have tried that numerous times sadly no results.

Got the code to work this time but no luck:

Code:

Max Pen, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. How to fix Windows Photo app? Tried a bunch of stuff win10 1903 - Similar Threads - fix Photo app

2. Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Windows 11/10 offers a built-in photo viewer and editor called the Photos app. It’s a OneDrive integrated application that also includes editing, timeline, album creation, etc. If you cannot view your photos or are skeptical that the Photos app is not showing all...
  3. Audio Crackling and Popping, TRIED A BUNCH OF FIXES

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Crackling and Popping, TRIED A BUNCH OF FIXES: I hear a pop sound whenever I start/stop a sound, change volume or skip through a video/song/whatever. I've seen a lot of people have this problem and none of the fixes they got in their replies worked for me. I had the basic High Definition Audio driver installed on my PC,...
  4. Update has removed a bunch of stuff including system restore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update has removed a bunch of stuff including system restore: i updated windows yesterday onyl to find out it has removed a buinch of programs and reset my ICC profile for my monitor. I have no idea how to get the colours back to how it was before. I tried system restore but all my system restore points have gone so thats impossible....
  5. "Photos" app for windows 10 ver. 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Photos" app for windows 10 ver. 1903: How can I change the app default from 'crop & rotate' to 'Filters' and the 'save copy' to 'save". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-for-windows-10-ver-1903/2400b999-0bf1-44d1-baeb-ba7a77b2ff52
  6. How to get rid of 'Top apps' display, Win10 Ver 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of 'Top apps' display, Win10 Ver 1903: When Cortana is dismissed, she's replaced with a useful Search function that heretofore was simple and unobtrusive. With the upgrade(?) to Version 1903, the Search box is now much wider and has a lineup of 'Top apps' icons across the top. I assume the system keeps track of...
  7. Was forced to update to 1903.... now a bunch of apps are gone. GONE! ****???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Was forced to update to 1903.... now a bunch of apps are gone. GONE! ****???: Clearly my settings are messed up as when I shut down, 1903 updated all on its own. ****! I'm so sick of Microsoft doing this kind of stuff. Regardless, now a bunch of app tiles are gone from my start menu, and I can not even find any trace of them on my HDD at all. Right...
  8. How to remove Gmail app stuff?

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove Gmail app stuff?: A few weeks ago I created the Gmail offline app for testing purposes. I didn't like it, so I deleted whatever I could find about it, but I'm not sure it was really uninstalled or gone from my system. So much so that today I found this Google Chrome applications item on the...
  9. How to remove Gmail app stuff?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Gmail app stuff?: A few weeks ago I created the Gmail offline app for testing purposes. I didn't like it, so I deleted whatever I could find about it, but I'm not sure it was really uninstalled or gone from my system. So much so that today I found this Google Chrome applications item on the...
  10. Win10 Photos App - How to Search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Photos App - How to Search?: I am seriously thinking of using MS's Photo App as the backbone of my new photo library effort. I've read that there is a new Photo App available and that is does facial recognition, which is a big deal for me. So, on my Win10 machine, I opened the Photos app and pointed...