Windows 10: How to fix Windows Search (Cortana)?

Discus and support How to fix Windows Search (Cortana)? in Cortana to solve the problem; How do I fix Windows Search (Cortana)? I have Cortana disabled in Group Policy. I had the experience with the CPU spike with the installation of... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by A123, Sep 11, 2019.

1. A123 Win User

How to fix Windows Search (Cortana)?

How do I fix Windows Search (Cortana)? I have Cortana disabled in Group Policy. I had the experience with the CPU spike with the installation of KB4512941. I uninstalled the update in the recent past and yesterday I tried installing the latest updates by resuming the updates for Windows Updater. KB4515384 was installed and the Start Menu would not open and showed a window about critical error and start menu not working. I uninstalled the update and tried installing KB4512941 again and the start menu still did not work. I tried installing the latest updates again and still no start menu access. I tried various installs and uninstalls of the latest updates and no start menu access. Finally, I tried an in-place repair of Windows 10 using an .ISO file and the start menu is working again. However, the search does not work when I click the Search icon. The icon does nothing. Also, the Cortana process is not running according to the Task Manager process screen. Any suggestions or should I wait for Microsoft to fix the issue?

FYI: I did send feedback to Microsoft on this problem using the Feedback hub.

:)

2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

How to fix Windows Search (Cortana)? [​IMG]

Try0x101, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Cortana will not search

Hi Richard,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

• Which is the latest build installed in your computer?
    • Is the issue specific to Internet Explorer?
    • Do you get any error message?

Follow the Methods below and check if Cortana search works as it should. Thank you.

Method 1: Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with search and indexing of files and folders. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check the status of the issue. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue still persists follow next Method.

Method 2: Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Do let us know if the Cortana's performance. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 11, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. How to fix Windows Search (Cortana)? - Similar Threads - fix Search Cortana

2. HOW TO FIX CORTANA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO FIX CORTANA: I CANT USE MY CORTANA VOICE SEARCH.. ITS BEEN TURNED OFF BY MY ORGANIZATION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-cortana/dc822b20-f03e-48d4-8ea1-4c4fe5a1259f
  3. HOW TO FIX CORTANA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO FIX CORTANA: I CANT USE MY CORTANA VOICE SEARCH.. ITS BEEN TURNED OFF BY MY ORGANIZATION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-cortana/dc822b20-f03e-48d4-8ea1-4c4fe5a1259f
  4. HOW TO FIX CORTANA

in Cortana
  5. Cortana and Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and Search: I performed a virus, malware and clean up of Windows using Tronscript. It did the job except for two things- removed the Search icon and Cortana icon from my Windows tray. I can move Cortana to the tray. However, I can't open it. It tells me need permission from the...
  6. cortana windows search

in Cortana
    cortana windows search: Since a couple days ago, my "type here to search" on my taskbar has not been working, the loading wheel comes up when I click on it but nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-windows-search/8e7821f8-7570-4468-858e-cec84b74bf11
  7. How to combine Cortana and Search

in Cortana
    How to combine Cortana and Search: Hello, recently I saw some of my friend's computer Cortana is abit different than mine. And I would really like if I could have the same layout as them. My friend's Cortana: [ATTACH] Mine: [ATTACH] How do I make it so that it appears to be like the first picture?...
  8. Cortana & Search

in Cortana
    Cortana & Search: Dear Sirs Recently my Cortana has stopped searching, stating that there is no internet connection. However, the internet connection is fine and and strong and nothing else reports this problem. I have no problems browsing at all. What's going on?...
  9. CORTANA search

in Cortana
    CORTANA search: Hi All, Is there a way to configure CORTANA to search for specific words from a documents contained in specific folder only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search/98bd5c7b-8da6-4617-b617-cb347ba56cf7"
  10. There's a search instead of Cortana. how do I fix this

in Cortana
    There's a search instead of Cortana. how do I fix this: There's a search instead of Cortana. how do I fix this??? You Can See in This Image, Theres Search Icon Instead of Cortana icon. HELP! (I BOUGHT Windows 10 JUST to Try Out Cortana But :( )...