Windows 10: How to full scan using Windows Defender on a remote computer?

Discus and support How to full scan using Windows Defender on a remote computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Friends, I want to run full scan on a few remote computers of my organization using Windows Defender? Is there any command or PowerShell or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SouravSaha86, Nov 7, 2018.

1. How to full scan using Windows Defender on a remote computer?

Hi Friends,

I want to run full scan on a few remote computers of my organization using Windows Defender? Is there any command or PowerShell or tool that I can try?

Thanks for your time.

Regards

:)

SouravSaha86, Nov 7, 2018

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Remove Scan with Windows Defender

I've updated step 3 in OPTION ONE below. It should work for you now. How to full scan using Windows Defender on a remote computer? :)

Scan with Windows Defender Context Menu - Add in Windows 10

Brink, Nov 7, 2018
  4. avemaria Win User

How to full scan using Windows Defender on a remote computer?

right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

How to full scan using Windows Defender on a remote computer?

1. How to full scan using Windows Defender on a remote computer? - Similar Threads - full scan using

2. Full scans using \Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full scans using \Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun: When running a full file scan using \Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun, which Platform package is used? Does it automatically select the latest version of the package?If I use the more complicated arrangement of\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform I'm...
  3. Full scans using \Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Full scans using \Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun: When running a full file scan using \Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun, which Platform package is used? Does it automatically select the latest version of the package?If I use the more complicated arrangement of\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform I'm...
  4. Full Scan in Windows defender

Full Scan in Windows defender: I started a full scan in windows defender.It showing around 30 hours remaining. I actually wanted my system to shutdown.Will the scan be paused if i shutdown my pc or lost all the scan till now?...
  5. Full Scan in Windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full Scan in Windows defender: I started a full scan in windows defender.It showing around 30 hours remaining. I actually wanted my system to shutdown.Will the scan be paused if i shutdown my pc or lost all the scan till now?...
  6. Full Scan in Windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Defender using Quick Scan but I want Full Scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defender using Quick Scan but I want Full Scan: I've scheduled a Defender weekly run (which wasn't easy) but I find that it's using the Quick Scan option. I'd like it to do the Full Scan option. I went to Microsoft's "help" pages but they just led me around in circles. I this possible? Or am I barking into the wind?...
  8. Defenders Full Scan

Defenders Full Scan: I decided to do a full scan of my computer to see if everything was alright and it's been hours since then. It's still continuing to scan my files and the time remaining went down at first but now it's increasing instead of decreasing. I don't know why and I'm wondering if I...
  9. Full Scan with Defender

Full Scan with Defender: I know how to select full scan, but have no idea how to start the full scan. HELP Please 129441
  10. Defender: no Full Scan

Defender: no Full Scan: Windows Defender tells me no action is needed. But when I use "Run a new advanced scan" nothing happens. No dialog to choose option for Full Scan. Terry, East Grinstead, UK Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.167)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender remote

2. remote defender scan

3. run offline windows defender scan on remote computer

4. how to scan remote pc with windows defender,
  5. windows defender scan file remotely,
  6. how to remotely scan a device windows defender,
  7. powershell remote defender scan status results,
  8. remote command for windows defender scan,
  9. runa remote scan on machine windows defender,
  10. how to start windows defender scan on remote pc,
  11. powershell run defender full scan on remote computer,