Windows 10: How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?

Discus and support How to get Metro Internet Explorer back? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Edge is nice, but: 1) It's not touch friendly 2) It makes my fan spin up really loud 3) It makes my computer really really hot 4) Substantially... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbob, Aug 12, 2015.

1. jimbob Win User

How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?

Edge is nice, but:

1) It's not touch friendly
    2) It makes my fan spin up really loud
    3) It makes my computer really really hot
    4) Substantially reduces my battery life

I have a i5 Surface Pro 3, and with Windows 8.1, it very rarely used to spin up the fan. Now, it does it very often with Win 10. And it gets really hot too.

How do I get the Metro IE back?

:)

jimbob, Aug 12, 2015

2. internet explorer program open mode

hi sir/madam in my internet explorer I want to open in metro style which mean full screen but it always open in desktop mode.i also clear the default program it also constant the same.i want the internet in metro style.

seemon stark, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Internet Explorer in Windows 10: Choose how you open links.

Hello Jim,

If you want to set Internet Explorer as the default browser and want all your links to open always in Internet Explorer with the Metro UI, select the
    Always in Internet Explorer option. It's best to use this option if you normally browse the internet and open link using Internet Explorer.

The Let Internet Explorer option, decides how it opens links. So in this case, sometimes Internet Explorer may open with the Metro UI and sometimes on the desktop, depending on the app or program that is accessing it.

While the Always in Internet Explorer on the Desktop option allows you to launch links in the desktop environment.

The Open Internet Explorer tiles on the Desktop option automatically launch Internet Explorer tiles on the desktop.

You may also check the helpful links below regarding Choose how you open links feature in Internet Explorer:

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 12, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

That feature was dropped with Win10.

BunnyJ, Aug 12, 2015
  5. jimbob Win User
    Yes. how do I get it back?

jimbob, Aug 12, 2015
  6. alphanumeric, Aug 12, 2015
  7. ambimom Win User
    Internet Explorer was NOT dropped. It's in Windows 10 under "Windows Accessories" in the Start Menu.

ambimom, Aug 12, 2015
  8. How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?

The Metro Modern UI Version was though, it was replaced with Edge.

alphanumeric, Aug 12, 2015
  9. Yep. Still waiting for that full screen Edge...

davidvkimball, Aug 12, 2015
  10. It might not be Edge causes the issue. Review your settings and turn off all unnecessary features (too many to list & one person's unnecessary is another person's required. You'll have to go through each Settings group)

RunTime Broker is reported here as a resource hog:

Solved Runtime Broker Process (TenForums.com)
    I haven't found it necessary to do that, since I turned off all unnecessary features on my boxes and resource use seems 'normal' enough

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get Metro Internet Explorer back? - Similar Threads - Metro Internet Explorer

2. How to get back a useable Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back a useable Windows Explorer?: Micorosoft in its endless quest to make Windows users miserable has as usual destroyed numerous other basic useful practical features of Windows. We want MENUS in WINDOWS EXPLORER. HOW do we obtain a USEABLE Windows Explorer from this garbage "Windows 11"?...
  3. How to get back a useable Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get back a useable Windows Explorer?: Micorosoft in its endless quest to make Windows users miserable has as usual destroyed numerous other basic useful practical features of Windows. We want MENUS in WINDOWS EXPLORER. HOW do we obtain a USEABLE Windows Explorer from this garbage "Windows 11"?...
  4. Trying to get back on the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to get back on the internet: I have windows 10 and cannot get on the internet. I was on, don't know what I did, but cannot get back on. Rebooted the modem and router. Tried a reset. Tried a restore, but it would not work. Trouble shooters do not work, I tried 10 different fixes from the internet ,...
  5. Trying to get back on the internet

Trying to get back on the internet: I have windows 10 and cannot get on the internet. I was on, don't know what I did, but cannot get back on. Rebooted the modem and router. Tried a reset. Tried a restore, but it would not work. Trouble shooters do not work, I tried 10 different fixes from the internet ,...
  6. how to restore back to internet explore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to restore back to internet explore: need to restore back to internet explore ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-back-to-internet-explore/c649531c-5265-4f96-b86b-36e53a325409
  7. I need to get my Internet Explorer back on.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to get my Internet Explorer back on.: I have Windows 10,Always have had Internet Explorer on My Computer,one night the computer said update and shut down,i did,next morning,i turned it on,i had Microsoft Edge,I cannot stand it,i need to have Internet Explorer back on,i have tried several times to reset it,not...
  8. W10 suddenly switched back to metro

W10 suddenly switched back to metro: So I installed a program called classic shell because I couldn't stand the new metro. I originally started using this program with W8. I haven't had any issues until now. All of a sudden, after logging it, it switched back to metro. I can't get rid of it. My classic shell...
  9. Any way to get metro apps back?

Any way to get metro apps back?: I loved the metro apps, and then Microsoft got rid of them. Is there any way to get those back? 4264
  10. Help getting Metro Boot Screen Back

in Windows 10 Support
    Help getting Metro Boot Screen Back: Help! I've tried everything I know to get the Metro (blue) boot screen back, but all I get is the old 7-style B/W screen. I've done the BCDEDIT stuff (bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard), SFC /SCANNOW, re-booted back and forth 10 to 8.1 back to 10. Very annoying!...