Windows 10: How to get rid of "Top apps" in Search window?

Discus and support How to get rid of "Top apps" in Search window? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just installed my first Win 10 1903 on one of my PCs a couple days ago. And I just now tried the new Search. I have a bunch tiles labeled "Top apps"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pokeefe0001, Jul 4, 2019.

1. How to get rid of "Top apps" in Search window?

I just installed my first Win 10 1903 on one of my PCs a couple days ago. And I just now tried the new Search. I have a bunch tiles labeled "Top apps" across the top of the screen. These certainly aren't my top applications, but even if they were, I wouldn't want this in a Search window. How do I get rid of the tiles. (I'll probably delete the applications altogether soon, but I don't want Windows to decide it needs to list something else there.)

:)

pokeefe0001, Jul 4, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

How to get rid of all the tips and cortana garbage on search toolbar?

Hi, I don't have anything like that appearing as i've never configured more than the most basic Cortana settings.

Try Notebook (icon left on Cortana), Lists - clear those.

How to get rid of "Top apps" in Search window? [​IMG]

Likewise, check for any Reminders

- you've shown the search field for Cortana at the bottom of your screenshots.

(And remember there's one top right of file explorer too).

Try this:
    Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Windows 10 Help Forums

dalchina, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

How to get rid of "Top apps" in Search window?

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

How to get rid of "Top apps" in Search window?

1. How to get rid of "Top apps" in Search window? - Similar Threads - rid Top apps

2. How to get rid of the icon on the search bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of the icon on the search bar Windows 10: I opened my laptop today May 12th, 2022 to see this:Because it is "International Nurses Day", they added this icon on my search bar.How do I get rid of it?---------------P.S. Do Microsoft developers have this much free time to add useless features like this? They should have...
  3. How to get rid of Bing Search History ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of Bing Search History ?: Hi all, How do I get rid of / disable Bing search history ? Thanks 174166
  4. Has anyone found a way to get rid of the Stupid "Top Apps" thing in the search bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has anyone found a way to get rid of the Stupid "Top Apps" thing in the search bar?: [ATTACH] Just built a new pc and I've been spending some time getting rid of all the junk that came with Windows. Couldn't find a solution online for this though, so I was wondering if anyone here have had any luck getting rid of it....
  5. How to disable Top Apps in the search box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable Top Apps in the search box: Is there a way to disable the top apps from the Windows 10 search box? It isn't even accurate, it leaves apps up there I've used once. I'm not trying to be negative, but I believe there is no way to disable it. I've tried through the registry and using Powershell scripts....
  6. How to get rid of 'Top apps' display, Win10 Ver 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of 'Top apps' display, Win10 Ver 1903: When Cortana is dismissed, she's replaced with a useful Search function that heretofore was simple and unobtrusive. With the upgrade(?) to Version 1903, the Search box is now much wider and has a lineup of 'Top apps' icons across the top. I assume the system keeps track of...
  7. How do I get rid of the top bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of the top bar?: I figured this would be hard to explain, so I made a screenshot:[ATTACH] I don't know how this got there- I messed around with the settings and tried everything, but I couldn't seem to fix this. If anyone knows how to fix this, please reply....
  8. Search Bar At Top of Desktop How Do i get rid of?

Search Bar At Top of Desktop How Do i get rid of?: Ok this is really annoying. I restarted my computer twice. Even when tabs arent open it does this and I dont know how it happened but I want it gone and I cannot find any damn thing that tells me how to remove. Right clicking, dragging, etc. all tried that. How the hell do i...
  9. how to get rid of favorites bar on top

how to get rid of favorites bar on top: I cannot get rid of the favorites bar on top. I have turned it off, restarted, and its still there. Moved from: Surface Pro 3 / Display and screen...
  10. Get Rid of "Get Windows" app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get Rid of "Get Windows" app: This app is a major pain. 1. I may have missed something with the easy solution? From: How to Disable the “Get Office” Notifications on Windows 10 Notifications and Actions> >System >Settings "Get Office" not shown ======== 2. This solution seems radial? Lacking much...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get rid of top apps on windows 10

2. get rid of search for app in store message windows 2019

3. how to get rid of top apps on windows search

4. remove top apps from cortana,
  5. windows search top apps ,
  6. windows 10 get rid of top apps quick searches,
  7. how to get rid of top search,
  8. how to get rid of a window on windows,
  9. how to get rid of top apps in windows 10 search,
  10. microsoft edge get rid of top apps,
  11. ger rid top apps in search bar,