Windows 10: How to get rid of used Search which blocks my Menu!!

Discus and support How to get rid of used Search which blocks my Menu!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; anyone seen this? from the "spyglass" search-from-taskbar I thought I'd find and pullup onedrive since it is hidden somewhere - nasty surprise... The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cognus, Feb 1, 2015.

1. cognus Win User

How to get rid of used Search which blocks my Menu!!

anyone seen this? from the "spyglass" search-from-taskbar I thought I'd find and pullup onedrive since it is hidden somewhere - nasty surprise... The massive rectangular search popup then obliterates my normal view of the contents of the Start Button . there is no convenient "X" to opt-out of it. Everytime I hit the search button now that same search pops up and obliterates the menu.

clues??*cry

:)

cognus, Feb 1, 2015
  2. Jsssssssss, Feb 1, 2015
  3. How to get rid of My Way search engine?

Original title: My Way search engine

How do you get rid of the My Way search engene. I use Windows 10.

Moved from Windows 10

MichaelMcGeever, Feb 1, 2015
  4. davehc Win User

If you right click the taskbar, and select search, you have the option to disable the rectangle, which clears it

davehc, Feb 1, 2015
  5. AddRAM Win User
    One Drive is right here.

AddRAM, Feb 1, 2015
  6. cognus Win User
    not what I'm referring to. when I enter a search term by whatever means, a tall rectangular box opens upon hitting the Start button, showing the results of whatever the search is doing, but nothing in there clears that box out of the way, so it stands right on top of and slightly right of the Start Menu, obliterating everything. I finally powered off to get rid of it. thankfully gone after full start. There's no close button anywhere, ESC doesn't work, nada. it has no appearance on the taskbar so can't right-click/close

cognus, Feb 1, 2015
  7. AddRAM Win User
    I just click on the desktop and it goes away.

AddRAM, Feb 1, 2015
  8. cognus Win User

nice
    this is not on the desktop. Its a popup when the start button is hit, either right-click or left-click.

cognus, Feb 1, 2015
  9. brummyfan Win User
    Just click on an empty space of your screen.

brummyfan, Feb 1, 2015
  10. AddRAM Win User
    Post a screen shot then.

AddRAM, Feb 1, 2015
  11. caperjack Win User
    I thoink what there saying is ,it doesn't work/function like ours does

caperjack, Feb 2, 2015
  12. brummyfan Win User
    brummyfan, Feb 2, 2015
  13. How to get rid of used Search which blocks my Menu!!

I'm not sure, but SFC wasn't very useful in the last build - maybe it actually does something in 9926.

OPTION ONE in DISM - Fixing Component Store Corruption in Windows 8 might do more good, but it always seems to report a repair!

C'est la vie !

The issue cognus might be experiencing is a Cortana hang.
    Try clicking on the hamburger menu in the upper left, pick settings and turn Cortana off.

If you don't have an Internet connection - Cortana hangs - does nothing (I can still dismiss it though)
    Dismiss the search box by clicking on an open area of your screen (already mentioned)

Cortana isn't happy if you don't have speakers, microphone, or Internet access - she pouts.

If you're seeing a flyout (doubtful that it would cover your Start menu, but possible) try hitting esc

Slartybart, Feb 2, 2015
  14. Edwin New Member
    This may be what the OP is referring to:

How to get rid of used Search which blocks my Menu!! [​IMG]

How to get rid of used Search which blocks my Menu!! [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 2, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 2, 2015
Thema:

1. How to get rid of used Search which blocks my Menu!! - Similar Threads - rid used Search

2. How to get rid of playback menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of playback menu?: How do I get rid of this menu that appears whenever I want to change volume? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-playback-menu/9a59b778-177e-4dae-ae20-fca8f168e58a
  3. How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?: I have just noticed that my search menu has become this monstrosity today. I can't find the option to turn these off anywhere.Does anyone know how to get rid of these? If there's no way to get these off, recommendations of alternative operating systems would also be...
  4. How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?: I have just noticed that my search menu has become this monstrosity today. I can't find the option to turn these off anywhere.Does anyone know how to get rid of these? If there's no way to get these off, recommendations of alternative operating systems would also be...
  5. Get rid of Quick Searches and associated telemetry in the Searches menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get rid of Quick Searches and associated telemetry in the Searches menu: Using Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-rid-of-quick-searches-and-associated-telemetry/4cf89197-3e70-4fa2-a52d-4008d7af9018
  6. Get rid of Quick Searches and associated telemetry in the Searches menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of Quick Searches and associated telemetry in the Searches menu: Using Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-rid-of-quick-searches-and-associated-telemetry/4cf89197-3e70-4fa2-a52d-4008d7af9018
  7. Get rid of Quick Searches and associated telemetry in the Searches menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Search Menu Blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Menu Blocked: Hi, when i press the windows button and directly start typing to search something, the menu is blocked by a grey part, and it disappears when i tap anywhere on the search menu. Anyway to fix this?...
  9. How to fix this Start menu getting blocked by search ‍♂️

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix this Start menu getting blocked by search ‍♂️: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/shafqramli [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m91bq4/how_to_fix_this_start_menu_getting_blocked_by/
  10. How to get rid of web search results in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of web search results in start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/flawr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv7e5r/how_to_get_rid_of_web_search_results_in_start_menu/