Windows 10: How to hide latest unwanted apps

Discus and support How to hide latest unwanted apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When Windows 10 came out I used the Get-AppxPackage in powershell to hide many apps that I didn't want to access. In the Creators update, though,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by djfaz, Oct 4, 2017.

1. djfaz Win User

How to hide latest unwanted apps

When Windows 10 came out I used the Get-AppxPackage in powershell to hide many apps that I didn't want to access. In the Creators update, though, several have returned.

Money
    News
    Phone Companion

And also the Lock Screen has appeared during startup again, despite being disabled in the registry.

Can anyone tell me how to disable these from the PC? The expected commands in Powershell nolonger work.

:)

djfaz, Oct 4, 2017
  2. PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 4, 2017
  3. trbogt Win User
    trbogt, Oct 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 4, 2017
Thema:

1. How to hide latest unwanted apps - Similar Threads - hide latest unwanted

2. unwanted apps in Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unwanted apps in Microsoft store: When I go to the Microspft store and go to My Library, I find all of these apps that I do not use or want. There is no option to delete them. I am given the option to share or launch, I do not want either one of those options. How do these apps get on a computer if I...
  3. how to hide unwanted properties from details pane ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to hide unwanted properties from details pane ?: how to hide unwanted properties from details pane for an image file like tags, rating, author, camera maker, camera model etc. ? submitted by /u/dante69007 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7el8a/how_to_hide_unwanted_properties_from_details_pane/
  4. Hide Apps in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Apps in taskbar: Does anyone know how/if to hide running applications from the taskbar while being able to see it open on another monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-apps-in-taskbar/a9300a6a-adab-4b39-b3bd-490e3d869fdc
  5. Unwanted apps in "Downloads and updates"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unwanted apps in "Downloads and updates": Hello! Why do I have these 2 games in my "Available updates" section? I don't have them anywhere else. So an "update" in this case is a full installation of a new app. [ATTACH]...
  6. Uninstall unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall unwanted apps: Hi to everyone, after major update i did from windows version 1803 to 1809 ,i am experiencing a problem.Whenever i open my computer there are some unwanted appps and games that are automatically installed even if i delete them,even if i turn off automatic updates from...
  7. Unwanted Apps Using Data

Unwanted Apps Using Data: Is there a way to stop preinstalled Apps from using up my monthly Metered Data allowance? In Settings > Apps > Apps & Features there are several preinstalled Apps listed that I will never use. These Apps use an amount of my Data each month, and I believe that I am not able...
  8. Build 10162 and still no option to hide unwanted updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 10162 and still no option to hide unwanted updates?: Oh well another update and there is still no option within Windows Update Advanced options to hide unwanted updates as you could with predecessors of the Windows Flagship family of operating systems. I won't understand why they haven't added this feature because I have...
  9. Remove/Hide Apps in "All Apps"

Remove/Hide Apps in "All Apps": Hello together, I am new here and I can't find my Question answered for the last three Days now.... I wish to remove from "All Apps" some Programs. I do not wish to uninstall them, but just to remove them from that list. I found that I can add here...
  10. Problem Hiding Unwanted Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem Hiding Unwanted Updates: Problem back with 10547. Windows Update trying to install 15 year old driver for printer. Previously hid the update with Wushowhide and it was gone for months. Back again this morning. Reran Wushowhide and it showed the update was hidden but still there after restart. Any...