Windows 10: How to Install and Uninstall Programs in Safe Mode in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Install and Uninstall Programs in Safe Mode in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: How to Install and Uninstall Programs in Safe Mode in Windows 10 Often there are factors that can affect your program installation such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

How to Install and Uninstall Programs in Safe Mode in Windows 10

How to: How to Install and Uninstall Programs in Safe Mode in Windows 10

Often there are factors that can affect your program installation such as security software, anti spyware software, programs that load on start up, or services that start up with other applications. In these situations you may wish to try installing the software in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode is a mode in which Windows loads only the bare minimum services and applications to start up. This will ensure no other application or service is running that may interfere with your installation.

Windows Installer will not work under Safe Mode, this means that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled in safe mode without giving a specific command using msiexec in Command Prompt. If you try to uninstall programs in Safe Mode, you may receive the following message:

This tutorial will explain how to make the Windows Installer service work in Safe Mode to be able install and uninstall programs in Safe Mode in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Here's How:

1 While in elevated command prompt.

2 Copy and paste the commands below into the elevated command prompt one at a time, and press Enter after each command.

The first two command adds the "Service" registry value to add the Windows Installer service to Safe Mode. The third command starts the Windows Installer service.

REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"

REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"

net start msiserver
    3 Close the elevated command prompt.

4 You should now be able to install and uninstall programs in Safe Mode.

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 29, 2018

2. Windows 10: unable to uninstall programs

Hi Davy,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to uninstall Java 8 in the Programs and Features from the safe mode.

Please refer the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Follow the below steps to uninstall Java 8:

• Right click on Start button and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • In the Programs and Features you can find the Java 8 programs.
    • Right click on it and click on Uninstall.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Trouble uninstalling a program in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that you are unable to uninstall a program in Windows 10. I will be happy to assist you with this.

I suggest you to try uninstalling the program from safe mode.

Follow the steps below to go to safe mode:

To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:

Restart your PC.

Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.

Click Advanced Repair Options.

Click Troubleshoot.

Click Advanced Options.

Click Windows Startup Settings.

Click Restart.

You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode.

Delete the program by following the steps below:

1. Press "Windows" +
    "R".
    Type "appwiz.cpl" and press Enter.

2. Select the program and click on Uninstall and follow the instruction on the screen.

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Oct 27, 2019
  4. How to Install and Uninstall Programs in Safe Mode in Windows 10

Safe mode problem

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• By saying that you have a "Safe mode problem," did you mean to say that your computer is stuck in Safe mode or are you unable to boot it to Safe mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve your concern?

If this is caused by recent programs installed on your computer, then we suggest you to run
    System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To run System Restore, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure that you choose the restore point date when your computer was working fine. Please be advised that programs and applications installed on your computer after the restore point will be removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Oct 27, 2019
  5. safely disconnect flash drive Windows 10 tablet mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your device?
    • Have you installed any third-party applications on your device?

Step 1: If you have installed any third-party applications, I suggest you to uninstall them from Programs and Features and try if you are able to eject the flash drive safely.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the third-party applications.

• Right click on Start button, and then select
      Programs and features.

• Double click on the program(Third party applications) you want to uninstall and select
      Uninstall.

• Follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

How to Install and Uninstall Programs in Safe Mode in Windows 10

1. How to Install and Uninstall Programs in Safe Mode in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Install Uninstall Programs

2. Programs Safe to Uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs Safe to Uninstall: Hey, I have a Elitebook 840 G5 and I want to know how can I tell if it is safe to uninstall a program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-safe-to-uninstall/8c8686bf-5f12-48fb-9888-fbef7f947b13
  3. Programs Safe to Uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Safe to Uninstall: Hey, I have a Elitebook 840 G5 and I want to know how can I tell if it is safe to uninstall a program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-safe-to-uninstall/8c8686bf-5f12-48fb-9888-fbef7f947b13
  4. How to uninstall old windows 10 safely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall old windows 10 safely?: I have windows 11 on my PC. But it has a C drive with windows 11 installed on it and a D drive with windows 10 on it. How do i safely remove windows 10?...
  5. How to uninstall old windows 10 safely?

How to uninstall old windows 10 safely?: I have windows 11 on my PC. But it has a C drive with windows 11 installed on it and a D drive with windows 10 on it. How do i safely remove windows 10?...
  6. how to uninstall program that will not uninstall

how to uninstall program that will not uninstall: how to uninstall program when uninstall does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-program-that-will-not-uninstall/d5c42751-2d54-40ca-bcc8-ef54c3ee747b
  7. How to uninstall program a program in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to uninstall program a program in windows 10: My old printer program is still showing on my desktop. How do I uninstall it? Thanks Greg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-program-a-program-in-windows-10/9a288f01-e183-4ae3-a0c0-61fde449056a"
  8. Unable to install or uninstall programs with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install or uninstall programs with Windows 10: Whenever I try to install a program, I click on the setup exe that I just downloaded and I get an error message that says "Windows cannot find (the .exe) make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again" When I try to uninstall a program, I get an error message that...
  9. how to uninstall a program that wont uninstall in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to uninstall a program that wont uninstall in windows 10: how to uninstall a program that wont uninstall in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-a-program-that-wont-uninstall-in/e72441fe-d5b2-4db0-88a1-541cbc45105e
  10. How to install Windows update in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to install Windows update in safe mode?: How to install Windows update in safe mode? 31497

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstall programs in safe mode w10

2. unable to unistall and install windows 10