Windows 10: How to keep Windows 10

Discus and support How to keep Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Now that I installed Windows 10, will I be notified when the time arrives that I can not return to Windows 7. Do I just delete the Windows.old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by keithet, Sep 1, 2015.

1. keithet Win User

How to keep Windows 10

Now that I installed Windows 10, will I be notified when the time arrives that I can not return to Windows 7. Do I just delete the Windows.old directory to reclaim the disk space?

:)

keithet, Sep 1, 2015

2. How to update Windows 10 Pro

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, Sep 1, 2015
  3. How to update Windows 10 Pro

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, Sep 1, 2015
  4. How to keep Windows 10

Yes, with the caveat that you go through the directory and make sure nothing you need is still there. You won't lose Windows 10 by keeping that folder, though. Windows 10 is on your computer to stay, unless you choose otherwise.

DeaconFrost, Sep 1, 2015
  5. strollin Win User
    You may not be able to simply delete the Windows.old folder, you may need to use Disk Cleanup and tell it to clean up system files.

strollin, Sep 1, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Once your W10 is activated you can do clean installs etc as many times as you want for THE LIFETIME of the computer you are using.

You can go backwards and forwards from W7 / W8 / W8.1 as many times as you like -- forget the windows.old file --just take backups using Macrium / Acronis etc.

Proviso: Your OLD Os must have been activated WITH LATEST UPDATES installed -- AND the INITIAL W10 install was an UPGRADE. After that you can clean install etc etc -- even wiping your entire HDD and re0installing W10 will still leave it activated (just SKIP when prompted for a key).

After July 2016 you will no longer get the free update.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to keep Windows 10

1. How to keep Windows 10 - Similar Threads - keep

2. Keep getting critical_process_error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting critical_process_error: Was playing fornite got this error can’t get pc to boot without getting blue screened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-getting-criticalprocesserror/17f96dde-9b82-431e-955c-46ad730356d1
  3. Keep getting critical_process_error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting critical_process_error: Was playing fornite got this error can’t get pc to boot without getting blue screened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-getting-criticalprocesserror/17f96dde-9b82-431e-955c-46ad730356d1
  4. PC keeps restarting for certain games but not at my friends house Need help fixing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps restarting for certain games but not at my friends house Need help fixing: Hello at this point i feel like i have tried it all so kind of out of options so games like gta 5 foxhole and fallout 4 all games i run at high fps seem to make my restart but never at my friends house i tried different outlets replacing the CPU cooling my room making the...
  5. PC keeps restarting for certain games but not at my friends house Need help fixing

PC keeps restarting for certain games but not at my friends house Need help fixing: Hello at this point i feel like i have tried it all so kind of out of options so games like gta 5 foxhole and fallout 4 all games i run at high fps seem to make my restart but never at my friends house i tried different outlets replacing the CPU cooling my room making the...
  6. I keep having "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Failed" connect and disconnect, How can...

I keep having "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Failed" connect and disconnect, How can...: I only have 3 USB devices connected to my computer currently. My mouse, keyboard and sound mixer. I have moved the USB ports they are located in, restarted, updated drivers "when available" and nothing is fixing the issue. In Device Manager I have uninstalled, disabled &...
  7. I keep having "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Failed" connect and disconnect, How can...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I keep having "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Failed" connect and disconnect, How can...: I only have 3 USB devices connected to my computer currently. My mouse, keyboard and sound mixer. I have moved the USB ports they are located in, restarted, updated drivers "when available" and nothing is fixing the issue. In Device Manager I have uninstalled, disabled &...
  8. I keep having "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Failed" connect and disconnect, How can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Memory Integrity keeps Turning off, no information as to why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Integrity keeps Turning off, no information as to why: Memory Integrity keeps Turning off, no information as to whyI can turn memory integrity back on and then when i reboot it is on. But if i turn off or reboot the computer again it will turn off again.I have tried updating all of my drivers and that did not fix it.I tried...
  10. Memory Integrity keeps Turning off, no information as to why

Memory Integrity keeps Turning off, no information as to why: Memory Integrity keeps Turning off, no information as to whyI can turn memory integrity back on and then when i reboot it is on. But if i turn off or reboot the computer again it will turn off again.I have tried updating all of my drivers and that did not fix it.I tried...