Windows 10: how to lock screen instantly without pressing Window-L keyboard?

Discus and support how to lock screen instantly without pressing Window-L keyboard? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I sometimes connect to my Windows 10 PC at my work place from home. When I was using Windows-7(work place PC), I was able to select the menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flyxtop, Feb 28, 2016.

1. flyxtop Win User

how to lock screen instantly without pressing Window-L keyboard?

Hi, I sometimes connect to my Windows 10 PC at my work place from home.
    When I was using Windows-7(work place PC), I was able to select the menu button (lower-left) and select 'Lock Screen' menu from the shutdown sub-menu. I recently received a new desktop PC which is Windows-10, but I found Windowns 10 doesn't have such 'lock-screen' menu that I can choose with my mouse. So the only way I can lock the screen is using Window-L button which is ok when I'm at work. But when I'm remotely logged in from my home, if I press Window-L keys, my home notebook is screen locked, not my work place Desktop.
    How do I solve this? many thanks in advance.

:)

flyxtop, Feb 28, 2016

2. Windows 10 lock screen slideshow not showing pictures from selected folders

I'm not certain I get the question here. Win+L will lock the machine and show the lock screen. Pressing Win+L at the lock screen will put you in the login (sign-in) screen. The slideshow
    cannot instantly start up, so we have to have an initial background image. Killing lockapp is going to do bad things.

zachd [MSFT], Feb 28, 2016
  3. ZnPro Win User
    Could Windows Hello disable face recognition temporarily when I lock the screen manually?

I'm using Surface Pro 4, the face recognition for login is convenient. Sometimes I wanna leave my laptop temporarily, but don't wanna make it sleep because some tasks(like downloading) need keep working. So I lock the screen in case someone can access to
    my laptop by pressing Win+L, but when the screen is locked, Windows Hello is activated instantly, recognizes me and unlock the screen at the same time.

Even though I jump away from my laptop quickly in case it unlocks again. When SP4 is disconnected with the charger, it will turn off the screen if it fails to find me after 15 seconds. And when SP4 is connected with the charger, it will always keep looking
    for me, and the screen keeps on.

Could you disable the face recognition and add a "turn on face recognition" button on the lock screen when users lock the screen manually by pressing Win+L? Or turn off the screen (not sleep) directly when users lock the screen manually?

ZnPro, Feb 28, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

5. flyxtop Win User
    Wow , didn't know there are so many ways. Thanks a lot!

flyxtop, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how to lock screen instantly without pressing Window-L keyboard? - Similar Threads - lock screen instantly

2. When I press the o button on the keyboard, the Gmail screen opens, and when I press L, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press the o button on the keyboard, the Gmail screen opens, and when I press L, the...: Keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-the-o-button-on-the-keyboard-the/10107ed3-92ab-4bc1-8eb4-f3a06f3d7349
  3. When I press the o button on the keyboard, the Gmail screen opens, and when I press L, the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press the o button on the keyboard, the Gmail screen opens, and when I press L, the...: Keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-the-o-button-on-the-keyboard-the/10107ed3-92ab-4bc1-8eb4-f3a06f3d7349
  4. Window+L - Screen lock shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window+L - Screen lock shortcut: All of a sudden the screen lock shortcut doesn't work on my computer. When I input the command, the screen contrast flickers once and nothing happens. Appreciate any advise on this, thank you!l submitted by /u/BlazerBeavs [link] [comments]...
  5. Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key.: So everything with my keyboard has been fine until recently when the 'C' key stopped working, i have tried a number of things to fix it such as uninstall the drivers, install new ones, update software and firmware, run health checks, rebooting and many other things yet...
  6. Keyboard inputs pressed keys without them being pressed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard inputs pressed keys without them being pressed.: So, it's been a few weeks now, and I've been really struggling, but here's to hopping I'm able to find a solution for this. My keyboard has been acting up really bad, almost making my typing experience impossible to work with, and it's causing me problems as with the...
  7. Windows 10 locks when "l" key is pressed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 locks when "l" key is pressed: Windows 10 locks when "l" key is pressed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-locks-when-l-key-is-pressed/4afe82d8-c2a4-47ec-8544-37579b454aff
  8. Not able to press keyboard to get from lock screen to password screen

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not able to press keyboard to get from lock screen to password screen: Since the latest update (It introduced the slide show of pictures on the lock screen. I think it is KB3124200) I haven't been able to press Enter or Space or any other key for that matter to "slide up" the lock screen photo to get to the password screen. I've looked through...
  9. Lock user screen (win+L)

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock user screen (win+L): Hello, What is then "shutdown" command line to do that? Not the /L i need to block not to logoout, thanks. 93916
  10. how to press two botton in on screen keyboard ?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to press two botton in on screen keyboard ?: how to press two botton in on screen keyboard ? I mean shift+end or shift+home. Its a very helpful feature of selecting a long line. Thanks 24734