Windows 10: How to make a general login prompt appear in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to make a general login prompt appear in Windows 10? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When the lock-screen has been swiped away, there's a pre-configured list of accounts to log in to, but no general prompt like e.g. when the computer is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Starhowl, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Starhowl Win User

How to make a general login prompt appear in Windows 10?

When the lock-screen has been swiped away, there's a pre-configured list of accounts to log in to, but no general prompt like e.g. when the computer is in a domain.

How can I activate this?

:)

Starhowl, Oct 7, 2016

2. Login prompt not appearing.

Hi,

Let's try to run System File Checker first and see what we can come
    up.

After that, let's do a
    startup repair and start your computer in safe mode
    and check if the problem will go away.

Lastly, go to this
    page
    and check Harshavardhan Rathod's troubleshooting instructions about a similar question that was answered already in our Community.

Give it a try and let us know if you need further assistance.

Edjay Rust, Oct 7, 2016
  3. Login prompt not appearing.

I performed a clean boot as instructed via link above. I still experience the same problem...

After initially logging in successfully, I lock Windows. Then when attempting to log back in, no password prompt appears.

OzzieWozzie, Oct 7, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 7, 2016
  5. Starhowl Win User
    I see, it was the Other User login I was looking for; is it described in this article?

Starhowl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to make a general login prompt appear in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - general login prompt

2. Login prompt appeared after updates KB4598291 & KB4598299

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Login prompt appeared after updates KB4598291 & KB4598299: [ATTACH] I don't know if the updates are significant in this incident. The laptop was showing a login prompt in the early hours of this morning after the updates KB4598291 & KB4598299 where applied yesterday. I was planning on having cup of tea when I noticed the prompt....
  3. Command Prompt appears and disappears on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Command Prompt appears and disappears on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Command Prompt is used by applications to install or update components silently. If everything […] This article Command Prompt appears and disappears on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Windows 10 log in prompt doesn't appear

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 log in prompt doesn't appear: Hello everyone. I've got this issue happening since last Sunday 03/09/2020 with my laptop. I've installed the latest update and after restarting the computer it was requested, the log in prompt doesn't appear - after I slide the lock screen up I can only see the...
  5. Windows 10 log in prompt doesn't appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 log in prompt doesn't appear: Hello everyone. I've got this issue happening since last Sunday 03/09/2020 with my laptop. I've installed the latest update and after restarting the computer it was requested, the log in prompt doesn't appear - after I slide the lock screen up I can only see the...
  6. How to make Windows 10 start without a login?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to make Windows 10 start without a login?: I want to give my laptop to a little child, who still can't write well. I will be resetting it later today. How an I make it start without a login and password? Thanks!...
  7. No login prompt

No login prompt: Hi all, I have been encountering an irritating issue. My PC, an Asus laptop with Windows 10 Home, does not prompt the login page after starting the PC. After a seemingly normal and fast boot, I get the screen with the clock and date, but after clicking on it, there is no...
  8. How to rename login screen login prompt

How to rename login screen login prompt: I have a computer that has a duplicate "Other User" login prompt. We have a global policy that puts four login options ,but the issue isn't getting corrected after I run ggpupdate /force. The prompts should say: Other User Password Local or Domain Account Smart Card...
  9. How to turn off Windows 10 login prompt

How to turn off Windows 10 login prompt: I bought Office 365 this month for my desktop pc running Windows 10 this month. However, ever since that happened, I'm now required to login to my laptop Windows 10 pc every time it powers up. Both pc's are registered to Microsoft with the same email id. How do I turn...
  10. No login prompt in Widows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No login prompt in Widows 10: Hi The other day my computer started up as normal and got to the image where you should see the password prompt and the list of users able to access the computer. Unfortunately this screen does not appear, just the image. What does appear is the network icon, the ease of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make a windows prompt appear on the screen

2. windows 10 login prompt allows appears

3. how to make boot screen prompt appear