Windows 10: How to make list view default for all folders?

Discus and support How to make list view default for all folders? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've tried the "Apply to folders" button in the options menu, but it does not work, newly opened folders still open with "details" view... :/ Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kyliansunn, Dec 24, 2016.

1. How to make list view default for all folders?

I've tried the "Apply to folders" button in the options menu, but it does not work, newly opened folders still open with "details" view... :/ Is there another way to make "list" view the default setting for all the folders?

thanks for the help

:)

kyliansunn, Dec 24, 2016

2. How to change some view settings in WM 6 Standard apps

Greetings for everyone.

I’d like to ask four questions about appearance of Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard, i mean of some applications- how they show their GUI up on screen.

1. File Explorer: how to set view as icons (opposite to list) [so called grid view], and sortting by type (opposite to by name) as
    a default appearance of FE? I mean, how to make those settings fixed as defult on FE launch- i’m not asking how to do so AFTER launching it, just from app’s menu.

2. Outgoing dial list: how to make view of just calls permanent as default (in opposite to OS’ default view „recent calls AND CONTACTS”)?

3. Messaging: how to mark multiple messages in messages list view. Especially, how to mark all of them at once?

4. System sounds: how to make them more quiet [or louder]?

Thanks in advance for your answers and help.

bcc45731-e354-484a-9d3b-597ea1be80cd, Dec 24, 2016
  3. view files and folders

How do I make List the default view for files and folders

soniazaide1, Dec 24, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to make list view default for all folders?

Brink, Dec 24, 2016
  5. Thanks for the reply, but I only want FOLDERS I OPEN FOR THE FIRST TIME to be displayed in list view, but I do not want to disturb the view settings for the folders I already optimized, like pictures folders (and its subfolders)...

kyliansunn, Dec 24, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm afraid that you may have to manually set a new folder to list view when created then. *Sad

Brink, Dec 24, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member

Yep, that's step 1 in the tutorial I posted above to set a default folder template for all folders.

Brink, Dec 26, 2016
  8. Brink is correct
    I'm guessing that you find opening the Ribbon, selecting View then List is a pain, I wanted the same convenience as you but with Tiles view.
    I can only suggest a keyboard shortcut that will work as soon as you open the folder

CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large Icons
    CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content

You can also open the Ribbon then View and right click on any view then select Add gallery to quick access toolbar This will save you having to open the Ribbon every time

FrillyBits, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to make list view default for all folders? - Similar Threads - list view default

2. default View LIST in search folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    default View LIST in search folder: how to default View LIST in search folder ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-view-list-in-search-folder/58d196f6-f2bd-4de9-ac02-b93cf7b63026
  3. How can I make List view my default. I tried all the suggestions made by others on this...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I make List view my default. I tried all the suggestions made by others on this...: I have to switch Detail view to List view every time I open a folder - which is many times an hour. Arg. Not liking Windows 10. Does anyone have a solution? I've tried the suggestions to earlier responses when others have asked this questions. Where is the MS solution to...
  4. Default Folder View

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View: I want to Set a default Folder View for all folders. I get the instruction: 1. Open File Explorer by using key combination Windows Key + E and navigate to the folder you want to use as a source for view layout setting. Where is that folder? I don't care if they are General...
  5. Default Folder Views

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Folder Views: Hi, could someone explain why the default for most folders and subfolders is the Icon view and why its so hard change that view to something else permanently? For instance My Pictures, you can right click My Pictures / customize / "optimize this folder for general items"...
  6. View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

in Windows 10 Support
    View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders: In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions? In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view. 60991
  7. Making "list" default view for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Making "list" default view for file explorer: How can I make the file explorer always use "list" view when opening files and folders? Thanks 65271
  8. How do I make View permanent in all folders

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make View permanent in all folders: I keep changing to List View in Folder Options but it doesn't stay that way, nor does it set all the folders on that drive. I would prefer that all folders on my PC open in List View & I can choose Large Icons if & when I want to & have it go back to List View when I exit...
  9. change default view to list for each and every folder

in Windows 10 Support
    change default view to list for each and every folder: How do I change the default view to list for every folder even those on a usb thumb drive. It seems to revert back to detail view *Sad 25570
  10. Default Folder View?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View?: Is there a way to globally change the Default Folder View? I've used Folder Options | View | Apply to Folders a few times, but it only seems to stick on folders I've opened. 9521