Windows 10: How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?

Discus and support How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 1. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer? Noticed that it lags when going from photo to photo and when deleting photos. WPV has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tententwenty, Apr 25, 2020.

1. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?

1. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer? Noticed that it lags when going from photo to photo and when deleting photos. WPV has no such issue.

2. I have WPV enabled by default, but these days it's giving me strange errors. I have 32GB DDR4 Ram, of which only 9Gb is in use. No idea why this will appear? How do I resolve this issue?

How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer? [​IMG]

:)

tententwenty, Apr 25, 2020

2. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?

1. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer? Noticed that it lags when going from photo to photo and when deleting photos. WPV has no such issue.

2. I have WPV enabled by default, but these days it's giving me strange errors. I have 32GB DDR4 Ram, of which only 9Gb is in use. No idea why this will appear? How do I resolve this issue?

tententwenty, Apr 25, 2020
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Apr 25, 2020
  4. cheeesus Win User

How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?

How to bring back Photo Viewer in Windows 10?

Unfortunately, none of the above answers worked for me, but they pointed me in the right direction.

1. Right-click on an image in Windows Explorer, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    2. In the dialog, scroll down and click on More apps, then `Look for another app on this PC.
    3. Then, at the bottom right, choose All Files (*.*) instead of Programs (*.exe ...), then navigate to C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer and choose PhotoViewer.dll.
    4. Photo Viewer opens. Close it.
    5. Repeat Step 1: Right-click again on the image, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    6. Again scroll down to click on More apps.
    7. Now Windows Photo Viewer appears in the apps list. Choose it and click on Always use this app to open .png files.

Once you did steps 1-4, you don't have to repeat them for other file types. Steps 5-7 should suffice.

cheeesus, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?

1. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer? - Similar Threads - Photos app responsive

2. Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Viewer: My photos are resizing automatically. I have photos saved to an external drive. When I view a single photo from the drive the photo shows at the size it was saved. However if I access the drive through explorer to view all of the photos in the file they start resizing after 2...
  3. Photo Viewer app???

Photo Viewer app???: Hi; I updated a friends comp to win10 from win8.1, now all her pics are missing info. She swears she was using windows photo viewer and had all her pics titled and dated. This is different from file name. Win10 photo app does not show the title/Subject or date. I tried...
  4. Photos app vs Windows 8 Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos app vs Windows 8 Photo Viewer: So I recently made the final switch to Windows 10 (was still using 8.1 simply because there was no need to switch, new PC obviously came with Win 10 now). One thing I miss is the Photo Viewer from Win 8.1, as the new Photos app is lacking a lot of small features that added a...
  5. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?: 1. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer? Noticed that it lags when going from photo to photo and when deleting photos. WPV has no such issue. 2. I have WPV enabled by default, but these days it's giving me strange errors. I have 32GB DDR4 Ram, of...
  6. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  7. Photo viewer app for Windows 10

Photo viewer app for Windows 10: Hello. So i just recently came up with the windows 10 app about photo viewing. I like how it helps you organize your pictures in albums, date taken, etc. I have a question though about that date thing. Why does it stop at 1969 when you go back? I have photos taken way before...
  8. MS "PHOTO" & "WINDOWS PHOTO VIEWER"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS "PHOTO" & "WINDOWS PHOTO VIEWER": How do I get rid of large blue (square) icon that has suddenly appeared in the lower left corner of every picture thumbnail (jpg/tiff/…) in my photos folder? Was happily using MS "WINDOWS PHOTO VIEWER", for my thumbnails and viewer... which somehow has now disappeared (not a...
  9. How to make Windows photo viewer as default photo app as of 12/8/2018?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Windows photo viewer as default photo app as of 12/8/2018?: With recent windows update (1809), I can't make default app for certain image type with "Open With..." and checkbox of "Always open this type of file with this app", which happen to be Windows photo viewer. Although this was an inconvenient method to make an app as a...
  10. Photos cycling quickly in Photo Viewer...Can't make it stop

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos cycling quickly in Photo Viewer...Can't make it stop: Hi, When I open up any photo with Windows Photo Viewer, it automatically begins cycling through the all the photos in the gallery very quickly until it gets to the end, and then it stops. I've tried restarting my computer and unplugging my mouse and keyboard, but that...