Windows 10: how to manage which applications can use the windows 10 notification area

Discus and support how to manage which applications can use the windows 10 notification area in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Several application utilize the Windows 10 notifications area for useful, informative notices: the system backup program posts there when an update is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SweetTasha, Nov 19, 2019.

1. how to manage which applications can use the windows 10 notification area

Several application utilize the Windows 10 notifications area for useful, informative notices: the system backup program posts there when an update is avaiable; Windows Update posts there when a critical update is available; and others. However, one poster there is from the daily newpaper that I subscribe to. The posts are about their online edition, to which I do not subscribe. I've contacted them about this but they haven't stopped the posting.

I'd like to better understand what mechanism they might be using to post their notifications.

Thanks.

:)

SweetTasha, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Hans L Win User

Startup and Notification area

R]I ran this batch file, but it did not help (which I understand, because Task Manager > Processes does NOT show WinDates).

I am back to the conclusion that Win 10 can run WinDates manually, but not automatically at startup (via link). If I double-click on the link C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WinDates.lnk, WinDates opens fine.

My next step will be to run a scan of system files to see if something is corrupt. However, any other suggestions are welcome.

Hans L, Nov 19, 2019
  3. notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 19, 2019
  4. how to manage which applications can use the windows 10 notification area

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

how to manage which applications can use the windows 10 notification area

1. how to manage which applications can use the windows 10 notification area - Similar Threads - manage applications notification

2. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  3. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  4. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Store prompts in the notification area for system applications that are not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Store prompts in the notification area for system applications that are not...: Can I know why this pops up in the notification area from time to time?I was used to it rarely on start-up moments but this last time it occured while system had completed half a day's running.I do make note that this may be relevant to existing issues in my device?...
  6. How To Customize Notifications Area

How To Customize Notifications Area: I am running Windows 10 Home. And here is what I want to try and do. I want to receive only notifications from select "People" that are pinned from my "People" app. Or receive only notifications from select email address from "Mail". I don't even know if I can even...
  7. Windows 10 Notification (Toast?) Area

Windows 10 Notification (Toast?) Area: My notifications have moved from bottom right to near top left. I have seen ways to restore them by using regedit to change one of the key settings, but why did this happen? Has there been an unwanted update? I'll leave the registry as it is for the moment in case there is...
  8. notification area.

notification area.: Hi, I was wondering if it were possible too view my notifications on the left side of my screen as my task bar in down my left side. Any help would be welcomed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/26b98150-31c3-4808-b6d4-0cfc5d03f53d
  9. Notification Area Icons (download manager)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notification Area Icons (download manager): Hi Guys, can anyone please help me with this malware or virus or something on how to remove it from my 'Notification Area Icons' (download manager). (DMGR2.0.0_0N1F1C1T1B1B1L1P2.0.0.exe) I have removed all the other ones from the registry and used SUPERAntiSpyware...
  10. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area: Hi, Having more icons showing in notification area bug are still there and will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows but in another way and this is random one and just blinking not standing. Any one else having this issue...