How to move "Windows Photo Viewer" to the top of context menu

Discus and support How to move "Windows Photo Viewer" to the top of context menu in Windows 10 Customization on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I bring back "Windows Photo Viewer" using this tutorial: Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials Now, when I click RMB on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Przemek89, May 13, 2018.

1. Przemek89 Win User

I bring back "Windows Photo Viewer" using this tutorial:
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Now, when I click RMB on jpg file and choose "open with..." I can select "Windows Photo Viewer"
    What I want is "Windows Photo Viewer" just under RMB (without using "open with...")

:)

2. Pavan_N Win User

Move pictures out of Windows 10 photo app and into Windows 7 photo viewer.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. How exactly are you trying copy pictures from Windows 10 to Windows 7?

2. Do you want to change default photo app to Photo viewer?

You can move photos by copying to flash drive or external hard drive from Windows 10 and connect it to Windows 7 computer and paste in the desired location or folder.

As you have also mentioned that photos are also in OneDrive you can access in your Windows 7 computer too.

OneDrive is free online storage that comes with your Microsoft account. It’s like an extra hard drive that’s available from any of the devices you use.

You can also make photo viewer as default program from control panel to check if that helps.

Steps:-

• Go to Control Panel from Start.

• Select Set Default Programs.

• Click on photo viewer .

• Select “Set this program as Default Program

Hope this information helps. Kindly post back with the updated issue details for further assistance.

Thank you.

3. windows photo viewer

To run Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10 you should do some changes in registry.

The better way to change it - download prepared .reg file and run it.

• Download tweaks file Windows Photo Viewer tweaks
    • Run tweaks_all.reg
    • Then in the Search box, type “Default” without quotes and select Default apps from the list of results.
    • Click on Set your defaults by app.
    • Choose Windows Photo Viewer from left list and click Choose defoults for this programm
    • Mark all and save.
    Right now it must open pictures by Viewer, if no - now Viewer should be in open with menu

You can orient by pictures on this page Windows 10 — Вернуть старое Средство просмотра фотографий Windows по умолчанию (microsoft windows photo viewer). — TEXFAQ

Thema:

How to move "Windows Photo Viewer" to the top of context menu

How to move "Windows Photo Viewer" to the top of context menu - Similar Threads - move Photo Viewer

Forum Date

How to move Program Files folders?

How to move Program Files folders?: I have a question, please. I have a brand new computer, with an SSD and and HDD. I have already redirected all of the folders (Desktop, Documents, etc.,) to my HDD. My question is this: I want to install programs to both HDD and SSD, depending on the program. Do I need to...
Windows 10 Customization Aug 5, 2017

How to move Libraries above This PC?

How to move Libraries above This PC?: The attached screenshot shows my left navigation pane. I've stripped out a lot of stuff by using some of Brink's tutorials. Can anyone tell me how to move Libraries to the top of the list - as in XP and Win 7? Thanks. 72184
Windows 10 Customization Dec 11, 2016

how moved The most commonly used to the top right-click menu

how moved The most commonly used to the top right-click menu: how moved The most commonly used to the top of right-click menu Such as copy and delete options 68746
Windows 10 Customization Nov 2, 2016

Remove icons from moving

Remove icons from moving: I have installed windows 10 enterprise v1607 on my personal computer. When i assign an icon to a folder and move it from a drive to another one it appears with the original icon. What's the problem and the solution? [img] 65052
Windows 10 Customization Sep 26, 2016

How to move app icon from taskbar to tray

How to move app icon from taskbar to tray: Hi, I'm looking for some way to move icon of any app currently working from the taskbar to tray, like for example Skype (with the new version from Windows Store that feature has been removed) or some other programs that just run in the background doing their thing and I don't...
Windows 10 Customization Aug 11, 2016

Losing Custom Folders Icon When Moving To USB Flash

Losing Custom Folders Icon When Moving To USB Flash: Dear All, I used to customize my icons specially for Movies and TV Collection to give it a nice look. While using Windows 8.1 i used the below to keep the icons shown even if i transferred the folder to any other USB Flash or other computer at the desktop.ini file and...
Windows 10 Customization Aug 7, 2016

Cannot move start menu tiles

Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move the tiles on the start menu. As soon as I try to click and drag one it immediately disapears, only to reappear in the original location when I reboot. Everything else seems to work with them, I can pin new apps (although I haven't worked out how to get them in...
Windows 10 Customization Jan 2, 2016

move preview pane to upper position

move preview pane to upper position: I've been using Win 8 for a while and was frustrated that the "filmstrip" view option was gone. I used WinXP since it came out till this past summer. If that tells you how ingrained I was and am. Win 10 is great over Win 8 or 7 but, that filmstrip isn't there. Most people...
Windows 10 Customization Dec 29, 2015

Moving files into folders puts them under Recent folders.

Moving files into folders puts them under Recent folders.: I have the option "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" off. However since the last update whenever I either copy or move a file into any folder windows puts that folder under the Recent group in the taskbar. Is there any way to fix this? 30778
Windows 10 Customization Nov 19, 2015

Desktop Icons Moving After Computer Wakes or Monitor is Turned Back on

Desktop Icons Moving After Computer Wakes or Monitor is Turned Back on: Hi all, Problem: Desktop Icons move back to the left (default) side of the screen after customizing. this happens when the the computer is put into sleep mode and is woken up or when the monitor is turned off and turned back on. I upgraded to windows 10 Pro 64bit from...
Windows 10 Customization Nov 8, 2015
How to move "Windows Photo Viewer" to the top of context menu solved