Windows 10: How to permanently disable all attempts to download SpeechRuntime.exe

Discus and support How to permanently disable all attempts to download SpeechRuntime.exe in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, 1909 (OS Build 18363.693) Ive seen hundreds of people claim that disabling Cortana and other speech-related... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thenin, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Thenin Win User

How to permanently disable all attempts to download SpeechRuntime.exe

I'm running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, 1909 (OS Build 18363.693)

Ive seen hundreds of people claim that disabling Cortana and other speech-related components will stop SpeechRuntime.exe from executing, and indeed it did. Long ago I totally disabled Cortana and speech recognition and text to speech, and there are now zero speech or Cortana-related settings in PC Settings (at least none that do anything). But some functional settings remain in the Control Panel.

Anyway, although SpeechRuntime doesn't actually run any longer, every single day -- sometimes multiple times per day -- Windows desperately keeps trying to download it and other speech-related files!

I set my firewall to prevent this, but the sneaky shi(r)ts at Microsoft have devised things such that it will keep trying to outwit my firewall. Therefore, every couple of weeks or so it will try again and I have to add a new rule to my firewall.
    How can I stop this ridiculous, subversive behavior once and for all?

Thanks!

:)

Thenin, Apr 1, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Since this is a TP. The option to turn off/disable Windows Defender is grayed out. However, you can turn off by:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

1. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: gpedit.msc
    2. Manoeuver to: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Defender
    3. Double click on "Turn Off Windows Defender" and select "Enabled" then click "Apply"

WARNING: After turn off "Windows Defender", you might not be able to turn it back on. I suggest before trying this, make a backup image so you can restore to the way it was.

How to permanently disable all attempts to download SpeechRuntime.exe [​IMG]

topgundcp, Apr 1, 2020
  3. How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Winuser Win User

Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

On my computer it's in the Show Hidden Icons box. It's listed as PC status.

How to permanently disable all attempts to download SpeechRuntime.exe [​IMG]

Winuser, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. How to permanently disable all attempts to download SpeechRuntime.exe - Similar Threads - permanently disable attempts

2. How to permanently disable global.accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently disable global.accounts?: Every time my game crashes, there is global.accounts in task manager! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-permanently-disable-globalaccounts/ee4ef9cf-c18a-4454-9d5e-9e3a97386bae
  3. How to permanently disable Group By in Downloads folder Solution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to permanently disable Group By in Downloads folder Solution: Like many MANY! other people I am as well trying to deal with the incredibly annoying "Group By" view for the Downloads directory. I've tried many "solutions" but none of them were truly permanent. This cancer just keeps coming back again and again. So, is there an actual...
  4. How to PERMANENTLY disable ALL updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to PERMANENTLY disable ALL updates?: I still can't figure out how to do that! I've already edited registry and disabled the windows 10 update service but my PC (windows 10 home, HP) still updates without my consent the night. I don't want any updates anymore, I don't care about "sEcUrITy", all I care is to not...
  5. How to permanently disable Updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to permanently disable Updates?: I absolutely hate it. It keeps forcing me to update every now and then using huge bandwidths. I hate the fact it keeps harassing me all the time prompting me to update regularly and I can't find a way to disable it. Just stop! Leave me alone, Windows Updates. Just go away. I...
  6. How to permanently disable update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to permanently disable update: Windows 10 update keeps turning itself back on after I disable it . I want it permanently disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-permanently-disable-update/ad74379e-f311-4abd-8ebe-2681bdd1154d
  7. Disabling all Windows notifications, permanently ?

Disabling all Windows notifications, permanently ?: How do I disable these notifications in Windows 10 1809? Firewall keeps whining about it being turned off despite all settings being turned off as in I don't give a flying f**k about the firewall being off. I have hardware firewalls in my locations, not an 80 yr old...
  8. How to permanently disable internet?

How to permanently disable internet?: Cliffs are in bold text. I have a computer with a backup hard drive that I use two older programs that are no longer supported, therefore they are very much exploitable if they are on the internet. So what I do is I disable the internet connection. The problem with this is...
  9. How to Disable Permanently Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disable Permanently Cortana?: I have a Toshiba 64-bit laptop running Windows 10 Home. Some time ago, I spent DAYS getting Cortana disabled and turned off on my laptop. And now after this last update, MS in it's infinite stupidity has turned it back on. I've looked at instructions on the internet on how...
  10. This is How to permanently Disable Cortana

in Microsoft Office and 365
    This is How to permanently Disable Cortana: This is how to permanently disable Cortana, first start into safe mode and navigate to C:/Windows/SystemApps/Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy you will need to Take Ownership of the Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy folder and then delete the file SearchUI.exe. If...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speechruntime.exe uitzetten