Windows 10: How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon?

Discus and support How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not sure if this is question is applicable to this forum because I own Windows 7, but seeing how the system tray features are similar between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bbgun21, Mar 18, 2020.

1. bbgun21 Win User

How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon?

Hi, I'm not sure if this is question is applicable to this forum because I own Windows 7, but seeing how the system tray features are similar between Windows 10 and 7, I thought of asking in hopes that someone can help.

I have a few applications that are left working in the background on my system. These are applications that I almost never open. These applications are running in the background, and they have a system tray icon in the lower right corner of the screen.

The applications are set to 'Hide icons and notifications' within the notification settings, but as you can see here, they are still visible in the system tray, even when set to hidden.

What I wish to do is to remove these icons, and only icons from the system tray, while they're still running in the background so that I can properly hide them.

I tried looking for an option in their UI to see if I could disable them from showing in the system tray, but nothing came up.

:)

bbgun21, Mar 18, 2020

2. Permanently hiding system tray icon

Well that would be my last solution. There's gotta be a way to just hide system tray icons? And not normally hiding but literally hiding

danielwin10, Mar 18, 2020
  3. How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 18, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Disable Windows 10 System tray icon permanently !?

Hi, this may help for default Windows icons - in Settings:

How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon? [​IMG]

Are you also referring to system tray icons from other installed programs?

Or do you mean you want to hide the whole system tray/Notification area?
    Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10

Also try (or similar)

How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon? [​IMG]

dalchina, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon? - Similar Threads - permanently hide hidden

2. duplicate hidden icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duplicate hidden icons in system tray: How do I get rid of these duplicate icons in the hidden icons area of the system tray? I tried right clicking and selecting exit but nothing happens. I'd like to prevent future occurrences as well. Running Windows 11 Home....
  3. duplicate hidden icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate hidden icons in system tray: How do I get rid of these duplicate icons in the hidden icons area of the system tray? I tried right clicking and selecting exit but nothing happens. I'd like to prevent future occurrences as well. Running Windows 11 Home....
  4. How do I disable the hidden icons icon on system tray?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the hidden icons icon on system tray?: I was looking for this option online and theoretically there should be a section in the settings app on windows 11 available from version 22572 onward that allows people to disable the hidden icons icon on the system tray by easily toggling a switch. However, I have version...
  5. How do I disable the hidden icons icon on system tray?

How do I disable the hidden icons icon on system tray?: I was looking for this option online and theoretically there should be a section in the settings app on windows 11 available from version 22572 onward that allows people to disable the hidden icons icon on the system tray by easily toggling a switch. However, I have version...
  6. Permanently hide, "hidden" tray icon(s)?

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanently hide, "hidden" tray icon(s)?: [img] I want it to run in the background, I just dont want to be able to see it there, is there maybe a registry key I can edit to make that happen? Or some other solution? 165183
  7. SOLVED hide system tray arrow icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    SOLVED hide system tray arrow icon: hi there, I look for a method to hide the arrow icon of system tray, which opens the list of all icons. I have several customization tools like winaero and 7+ taskbar tweaker but none of it helps. the mentioned arrow is pointed on this pic [ATTACH] please any ideas ? any...
  8. Missing hidden icons in the hidden icon tray.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing hidden icons in the hidden icon tray.: Good evening! I have noticed that I have something running on my computer in the hidden icon tray that is always invisible. I have deleted and refreshed my windows explorer icon memory in the registry editor and restarted the windows explorer in the process manager, yet...
  9. Permanently hiding system tray icon

Permanently hiding system tray icon: Hey all, I was looking for a way to hide a certain program's system tray icon. If I use the built in hiding option it still shows when I click the arrow, which is not what I want. I want to completely hide it (stealth). I've been looking for programs to do this but they're...
  10. Hide tray icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide tray icons: Is there some way to hide some of my tray icons until i click on the "show hidden icons" down arrow in windows 10. My options seem to be either show or don't show. [img] 18419