Windows 10: Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 The notification... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10

The notification area (aka: "system tray") is located at the far right end of the taskbar just to the left of the system clock and includes the icons for current notifications.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the taskbar notification area including the notification icons for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove the notification area.

*note If you remove the notification area from the taskbar, it will also disable the system icons settings like below.

Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar using Group Policy
    • Option Two: To Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar using a BAT file

EXAMPLE: Add and Remove notification area on taskbar

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar using Group Policy

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.
    1. Open the all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor for how you want this policy applied.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, and Start Menu and Taskbar. (See screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of Start Menu and Taskbar, double click/tap on the Hide the notification area policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (add) or step 6 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Add Notification Area to Taskbar
    A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Remove Notification Area from Taskbar
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

8. sign in to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar using a BAT file

*note The .bat files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

NoTrayItemsDisplay DWORD

(delete) = Add
    1 = Remove

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add Notification Area to Taskbar for All Users
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_notification_area_on_taskbar.bat

Download

3. To Remove Notification Area from Taskbar for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_notification_area_on_taskbar.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Run the .bat file.

7. When prompted by run as administrator.

8. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly open and close as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

9. You could now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 16, 2017
  2. Pavan_N Win User

How to remove the Notification Area on the right of the screen

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Taskbar Notification area on Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Under Taskbar you may Turn off notifications as per your requirement.
    • Under Notification area click on Select which icons to appear on Taskbar
      also Turn system icon on or off and you may Turn off notifications as per your requirement.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 26, 2019
  3. notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to remove Windows 10 upgrade notification from taskbar?

To hide both the Get Windows 10 icon (the Windows icon in the notification area), and the upgrade notifications:

• Right-click (or tap and hold) the Taskbar and select Properties.

• On the Taskbar tab, click the Customize… button for the Notification area.

• In the Notification Area icons window, select the dropdown for the GWX (Get Windows 10) icon, and selectHide icon and notifications.

Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 46aec94e-951b-45cc-be09-168ce69f2d81.png

KeithGodsalve, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Edwin Win User
    Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

The tray link, (Option One/Step 2), seems to be depreciated in Build 10130, go to Settings via the other Steps or directly:

Edwin, Oct 26, 2019
  6. sagent Win User
    How do I remove Realtemp from appearing in WIndows 7 Notificati​on Area Icons?

How do I remove Realtemp from appearing in Windows 7 Notification Area Icons?

Windows 7 Taskbar
    Notifcation Area
    Show hidden icons (triangle)
    Customize...
    RealTemp.exe <==== How do I remove this please? (I don't want to see this as an option)

Thank you!

sagent, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10

1. Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Notification

2. Notification Area on the taskbar is cut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Area on the taskbar is cut off: Hello, first time asking here but this has been annoying me for an hour. How do I fix this? I recently updated to windows 11 so I changed a few values on the registry editor to put my taskbar on the top and also made the icons smaller so that the taskbar is smaller but the...
  3. Icons in Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in Taskbar Notification Area: I keep having to re-enable my preferred apps in the "Select which icons appear on Taskbar notification area". Is there a fix for this? 183716
  4. Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Notification Area: Why has the the Weather App started appearing in the notification area of the taskbar?I do NOT want it - how do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-notification-area/c6ff6f42-47bf-44a5-8493-52c6d2aca9a5
  5. TIL you can remove, add and rearrange icons on the taskbar notification area by just drag...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TIL you can remove, add and rearrange icons on the taskbar notification area by just drag...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Matriks404 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8jiae/til_you_can_remove_add_and_rearrange_icons_on_the/
  6. Notification area of taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification area of taskbar: I cannot get the icons for volume, network, Norton/Defender status, or even the "up arrow" for hidden items to show on the taskbar??? The clock does show. I tried all of the obvious settings. ?????...
  7. Format the taskbar notification area

Format the taskbar notification area: How can I change the format of the date in the taskbar notifications area? Just want to be shown the time and date together without making the taskbar twice bigger in high?...
  8. Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in Windows: How to: Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in Windows How to Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon on Taskbar in Windows If your Windows device has NIVIDIA graphics and NVIDIA display drivers installed, you can display the NVIDIA...
  9. Notification area on taskbar

Notification area on taskbar: I have three monitors.....I can get the task bar on all three but can only get the notification bar or pane on the one on the right.....how do I get it on all three so I can shut off one or too? I'm guessing the notification pane is what I'm calling the clock/date, speaker...
  10. Taskbar notification area issue

Taskbar notification area issue: I have 2 monitors and one of them is often in full screen mode (movie/game/program) so needless to say it's not possible to quickly access the applications on the taskbar's system tray. Although I have forced windows to show the task bar on every monitor, only one monitor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove notification area on win 10

2. How to remove notification from taskbar