Windows 10: How to pin File Explorer to the Start menu

Discus and support How to pin File Explorer to the Start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Pls. tell me how to pin File Explorer to the Start menu, so that I will have it in 2 places (also on taskbar), so that I can open it separately (twice)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dbabin, Oct 3, 2019.

1. dbabin Win User

How to pin File Explorer to the Start menu

Pls. tell me how to pin File Explorer to the Start menu, so that I will have it in 2 places (also on taskbar), so that I can open it separately (twice) at the same time.

:)

dbabin, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Oct 3, 2019
  3. How to pin an Excel 2007 file to the W10 Start fly-out menu

Thanks Annu.

In Method 1, at step 2, the file I want doesn't already appear in the Start menu. Do mean to browse to the file I want in the File Explorer? If I right click on the file in the File Explorer, "Pin to Start menu" is not an option.

In Method 2, at step 4, I release the left button, but the file doesn't appear anywhere in the Start Menu afterwards. It's not listed along with my Most Used apps, and it's not pinned in the Jump Menu of Excel 2007.

Maybe I misunderstood something in your directions?

Cheers,

Vince

Uncle Vinny, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar?

@Alfred001, if you hover your mouse to the far right of any name in the 'Recent' list you can pin it to the list of pinned items. This works for the File Explorer icon on Start and on the taskbar (if you have File Explorer pinned to the taskbar).

Jump Lists - Pin or Unpin Items in Windows 10

How to pin File Explorer to the Start menu [​IMG]

Bree, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. How to pin File Explorer to the Start menu - Similar Threads - pin File Explorer

2. How to pin a WORD FILE to the start menu in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to pin a WORD FILE to the start menu in Windows 11: I was able to pin a file not an app to the tiles in Windows 10 by copying the location into the startup folder. I need to know how to do it in Windows 11. All I see are app icons, I want to add file to those. Appreciate any help given...
  3. How to pin a WORD FILE to the start menu in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to pin a WORD FILE to the start menu in Windows 11: I was able to pin a file not an app to the tiles in Windows 10 by copying the location into the startup folder. I need to know how to do it in Windows 11. All I see are app icons, I want to add file to those. Appreciate any help given...
  4. File Explorer Won't Start from Start Menu

File Explorer Won't Start from Start Menu: I can no longer start File Explorer from the Start Menu link, or task bar link on Win 11. When pressed the screen goes off, reappears without icons or task bar then goes back to normal. File Explorer isn't visible but is running in Task Manager. Shortcuts to existing folders...
  5. how to see start menu in explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to see start menu in explorer: I don't like the windows 10 tiles. how do i make the menu appear just like windows 7? PLUS, somehow I can't see APPDATA under my user name but I see it under others....
  6. How to pin a bat file to start menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to pin a bat file to start menu: Before anyone points to the various workarounds, I've tried all I can find and they all seem to have problems. I want to be able to give other people in my office a folder of files eg, on a usb stick that they can move to a location on their PC that allow them to connect to...
  7. How to pin calendar to start menu

How to pin calendar to start menu: I want to pin calendar to the Start Menu. I use Office 2019 on my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-calendar-to-start-menu/4b5397ed-9095-4a0e-b9cf-db7fbcdaf4f5
  8. pinning an excel file to the start menu

pinning an excel file to the start menu: is there a way to pin a frequently used excel file to the start menu....I had this working for a while but the latest windows10 update seemed to have killed this option (an older reg edit that I have tried to repeat ...not working) is there another, more current workaround...
  9. Start menu file explorer error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu file explorer error: when accessing file explorer through the start menu only, I get this error: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Windows cannot access the specified device path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. going to the path stated and launching the program...
  10. How to pin app in start menu ??

How to pin app in start menu ??: How to pin app in start menu ? ? I mean I dont want to pin app in start. I want to pin app in start menu like windows 7. Is it possible ? ? I search in setting but i cant fnd any option. Is thr any 3rd party software to do this ? ? 82320

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pin file explorer to start menu

2. how do i pin file explorer to start menu

3. pin file explorer to start

4. Windows Explorer How to PIn to Statrt,
  5. pin windows explorer to start