Windows 10: How to put This PC icon on desktop

Discus and support How to put This PC icon on desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got build 10159 installed. I can't find a way to put the This PC icon on the desk top. That should be a simple task. Has any one done it? 7704 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frank1, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Frank1 Win User

How to put This PC icon on desktop

I've got build 10159 installed. I can't find a way to put the This PC icon on the desk top. That should be a simple task. Has any one done it?

:)

Frank1, Jul 2, 2015

2. How to put the show desktop icon on taskbar

Hi everyone,

I was used to have in evry version of Windows and SHOW DESKTOP ICON on the taskbar, now in Wondows 10 I found that I have to right click on the abr and selcet SHOW DESKTOP.. I would like to have a SHOW DESKTOP icon on the tasbar as I alwasy had.

Does anyone knows how to to it?

Thanks

Fabio from Italy

FabioAusenda, Jul 2, 2015
  3. How to put the show desktop icon on taskbar

Hi Fabio,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As you have mentioned that “in windows 10 you have to right click on the taskbar and select as show desktop”, there have are two options, one from taskbar and other option is by moving the mouse right side bottom corner of the screen, where
    you mouse cursor will hide click over there and it will take you to desktop.

Also you can use the shortcut keys like “Windows+D” button or
    “Windows+M” it will take you to desktop.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 2, 2015
  4. How to put This PC icon on desktop

heyyahblah, Jul 2, 2015
  5. Frank1 Win User
    Thanks, hey

Frank1, Jul 2, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    Right click Start>File Explorer and find This PC. Right click on This PC and drag it to the desktop, or task bar, or Quick Access . . .

Wynona, Jul 2, 2015
  7. Frank1 Win User
    That works, too--like a charm.

Frank1, Jul 2, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

Now pick the one that has the least keystrokes. *Smile I didn't count 'em.

Wynona, Jul 2, 2015
  9. Mine's all mouse clicks *Smile

heyyahblah, Jul 2, 2015
  10. Wynona Win User
    So's mine. *092

Wynona, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to put This PC icon on desktop - Similar Threads - put icon desktop

2. how to put store apps on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to put store apps on desktop: just want to know how to make shortcuts on desktop from store apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-put-store-apps-on-desktop/a307069c-9c03-46a3-8582-05113f71cb9a
  3. Put icons from desktop to monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Put icons from desktop to monitor: What does it take to transfer icons from desktop to attached monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/put-icons-from-desktop-to-monitor/f7501e15-050c-4f03-9716-839d2ac11189
  4. How to put the just the icon instead of the icon and text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to put the just the icon instead of the icon and text: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AleMaza [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gcb1de/how_to_put_the_just_the_icon_instead_of_the_icon/
  5. Windows 10 desktop icons won't stay put

Windows 10 desktop icons won't stay put: How do I get my desktop icons to stay put in Windows 10. Yes, I have already tried the usual fixes for this issue so please don't suggest to "Refresh", etc. I am on my third surface book, my other two did not have this issue. Thanks for any help you can give....
  6. how do I put an icon on the desktop?

how do I put an icon on the desktop?: I cannot put icons on the desktop? nothing I do seems to work. There are icons already part of the operating system; I mean "new" icons from URLs...
  7. Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop.: Hi everyone - I deal with complex issues, but this is ridiculous! W10 Pro... Have Auto Arrange Icons and Align Icons To Grid checked in View. I like my Recycle Bin in the lower left hand corner of the screen. However, it moves up four places on the left every time I log...
  8. Desktop Icons won't stay put...

Desktop Icons won't stay put...: Good day, everyone. I'm having a very unique issue, at least, to me, with my Windows 10 machine. I have Win 10 Pro and my desktop will flash for a split second and all my icons will have moved to wherever they wish to be. I spend more time re-organizing my desktop than I do...
  9. How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop?: Does anyone know how to do this? With Internet Explorer you simply dragged the site icon in the title bar to the desktop, but I can't seem to do this with Edge.*Sad 11027
  10. How to put Win10 camera icon/shortcut on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to put Win10 camera icon/shortcut on desktop: Hey guys!! Just a quick question. I'm using my Windows laptop camera,but i'd love to know how to put a quick access shortcut on my desktop. Anyone know how?? Thank you. 61595