Windows 10: How to reinstall Store.

Discus and support How to reinstall Store. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think when you get a major problem like this its best to do a clean install. I had issues with apps with the upgrade which was fixed with a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arc, Jul 14, 2015.

1. swarfega Win User

How to reinstall Store.

I think when you get a major problem like this its best to do a clean install. I had issues with apps with the upgrade which was fixed with a clean install.

swarfega, Aug 14, 2015
  2. Cliff S New Member

If you read my post, in my case it was a clean install.... It had to do with time zone which can get changed if one scrolls the mouse up or down after setting.

Cliff S, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Gary Win User
    Microsoft thinks that everyone lives in Seattle *Smile

4. Cliff S New Member

How to reinstall Store.

Yup!*Roflmao2

Cliff S, Aug 14, 2015
  5. VeganMan Win User
    Acr; After you reset your computer, did you get the directory, C:\WINDOWS\WinStore, back on your computer?

VeganMan, Aug 16, 2015
  6. bummpr Win User
    I just did the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3118754) this morning and now my Store app was inoperable...just a darkened icon on my Start Menu.

I tried the reinstall trick using Powershell and now I have the phoney blue @Microsoft.blah.blah icon which immediately flashes and then closes.

Any hints on how to get a clean install of the Store App?

Thanks

bummpr, Nov 19, 2015
  7. crimson Win User
    I'm having the same problem. Among others. While logged into the built-in Administrator, I tried the commands the PowerShell. I got an error saying:
    "Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML' because it does not exist."

But I can do a search in the Cortana search, and the store comes up. It just doesn't work when I try to use it.

Checking for updates doesn't work either. I tried checking it in Administrator:
    "We couldn't get online to download your updates. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet."

This is with my firewall and antivirus off. I also tried checking for updates while logged into my MSA user.

I couldn't even get Skype working properly or my firewall while logged into my MSA user. Not sure what I can do at this point. Is there a way to fix the OS without deleting installed applications?

crimson, Nov 20, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

How to reinstall Store.

Do an inplace upgrade(it worked for me: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

Cliff S, Nov 20, 2015
  9. crimson Win User
    It turns out Privatefirewall was causing the problem with my Windows Update. I checked the service for my Windows Store. It's set to manual. And that setting is blocked out so it can't be changed.

crimson, Nov 20, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    I would never have thought of that, as I use Windows Firewall advanced settings to make changes. It's not so user friendly, but ports remain closed unless I open them or give a program permission in UAC. Besides these days a lot of 3rd party firewalls ride piggy back on Windows own, with just a more user friendly UI(I don't know if that's the case with yours). Good that you found the cause though.*Thumbs

Cliff S, Nov 20, 2015
  11. crimson Win User
    No Privatefirewall doesn't work with Windows Firewall. I keep Windows Firewall completely shut down. But the Privatefirewall thing actually fixed the problem.

It's weird. I had it shut off when I was doing all these tests. The store wasn't working. Likewise Windows Update was stalling on checking when used either from my MSA user account or from built-in Administrator. In the built-in Administrator account, I turned on Privatefirewall, and Windows Updates worked. I uninstalled Privatefirewall altogether, and everything just started working. Even the Store. Now I'm testing out Zone Alarm.

I'm not comfortable using the built in Firewall because it might let stuff in and out from MS. Like Private Firewall told me about "wsqmcons.exe". Something in Windows that tries to access the internet. Which Windows Firewall probably would have let through. I found out what it was - a Customer Experience Improvement goblin-process. I was able to go into Task Scheduler to disable it. If not for the third-party firewall, I probably wouldn't have known about it.

This is the whole reason I keep the Windows Firewall completely shut off, and use third-party full firewall. Hopefully Zone Alarm does just as good a job as Privatefirewall without the glitches.

crimson, Nov 20, 2015
  12. bummpr Win User
    I was finally able to get a Restore operation to work...first two entries did not work but the third one in the list of Restore points brought me back to life with all my apps intact..

Control Panel: System: System Protection: System Restore:

bummpr, Nov 21, 2015
  13. demonguy Win User

How to reinstall Store.

Hi, Kari.
    My app store exists. but i get the same error after execute your power shell command, why?

Code: Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML' because it does not exist.[/quote]

demonguy, Jan 3, 2016
  14. Kari Win User
  15. Kari,

I've run into just about every problem encountered by everyone previously posting, plus more. To keep this short, I'll only mention the differences. I was on the Fast Track of Microsoft's Insider Preview, but after the most recent preview update rendered my laptop close to inoperable (it would never completely shut down, and booting/rebooting failed at least 90% of the time, leaving me with a black screen), I first rolled by my Win10 install to the last official build (Ver. 1511, Build 10586.36), and then removed myself from any further Insider Preview builds. Unfortunately, I discovered (only yesterday) that the Microsoft Store, as well as any apps related to the Store (Calculator, Calendar, Weather, etc) no longer function. As with others, I get a "flash" of the outline where the app would appear, and then it's gone. Talking with Microsoft's tech support was useless, even after going through PowerShell, etc (as described throughout this forum. I believe I've finally tracked down the problem, but as for a solution, I haven't the slightest clue.

To the best I've been able to figure out, while Windows was restored to the previous build, the Microsoft Store, as well as all Store apps having been updated to versions newer than the "official" release, remained as their "newer" version. Just to mention a few, as an example, the Store folder within the WindowsApps is labeled as version "2015.25.5.0", while the version attempting to be installed (and failed) from the reinstall-preinstalledApps.ps1 file is "2015.2323.4.0". Likewise, the version of Windows Maps, as shown on my computer, is version "4.1512.3450.0", while the reinstaller package contains version "4.12.11000.0". I could go app-by-app, stating the "newer" versions shown on the laptop, against the "older" versions included within the reinstaller package, but I'm sure you get the picture.

I've tried every PowerShell option, and it's all failed. I've tried performing an In-place Upgrade, and, due to the first two options (especially the first option) being grayed out, that's not a possibility. Through the "assistance" of Microsoft's phone-based tech support, I've even attempted to uninstall the Microsoft Store, and all related apps, so as to install the Store, as well as the apps, from "scratch", but, as with everything previously attempted, all has failed. I'd REALLY prefer to avoid doing a clean install (if EVERYTHING fails, I guess I'll have no choice), but I am also close to the "end of my rope", so to speak. What else is there left to try, before the "last resort clean install"???

Any/All help is appreciated.

Panther6834, Jan 7, 2016
Thema:

How to reinstall Store.

1. How to reinstall Store. - Similar Threads - reinstall Store

2. Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...: I have attempted reinstallation of these apps on powershell as admin and got no results. Only thing i haven't tried that I have come across is a repair install. I am questioning if I should do this and if it would mess anything up. Additionally, I am wondering if I should...
  3. Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...: I have attempted reinstallation of these apps on powershell as admin and got no results. Only thing i haven't tried that I have come across is a repair install. I am questioning if I should do this and if it would mess anything up. Additionally, I am wondering if I should...
  4. i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...

i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...: Ive tried searching appdata but found nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-game-off-the-microsoft-store-and/d691256b-81fd-49d9-8723-1c3730e1a68b
  5. i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...: Ive tried searching appdata but found nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-game-off-the-microsoft-store-and/d691256b-81fd-49d9-8723-1c3730e1a68b
  6. i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. how can i reinstall microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how can i reinstall microsoft store: How can I restore Microsoft Store to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reinstall-microsoft-store/873a95c2-6e1c-47ab-b019-276cd286d903
  8. how can i reinstall microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i reinstall microsoft store: How can I restore Microsoft Store to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reinstall-microsoft-store/873a95c2-6e1c-47ab-b019-276cd286d903
  9. how can i reinstall microsoft store

10. MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working

MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working: removed MS Store as Apps stopped working and state *error* on reinstall. Cannot reinstall Store now. tried all fixes available on internet like WS-reset -i or powershell remove gives error and reinstall gives error . package. Windows PowerShell Copyright C Microsoft...