Windows 10: How to: Remember log on password?

Discus and support How to: Remember log on password? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a ASUS X54C laptop running Win 10 Pro 64-bit Recently I needed to reset my laptop, and now I find that I need to enter my log-on password... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Atomcrusher, Nov 9, 2016.

1. How to: Remember log on password?

I have a ASUS X54C laptop running Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Recently I needed to reset my laptop, and now I find that I need to enter my log-on password every time I boot up after a shutdown (e.g. I shut down my laptop every night).

My laptop is always in my private study (it is never taken out of my study), with no access to anyone else, including family, so I am not concerned about password / sign-on security.
    How do I set my laptop up so that it remembers my log-on details? I am the only user, and no one else has access to my laptop. Security is not an issue.

:)

Atomcrusher, Nov 9, 2016

2. Initial Log on

I've forgotten the log on or miss type my password on my new windows 10 laptop, does any one know how to reset it or get past it? I've only had it 3 days and can't remember the password or miss typed it (I set it up late the first night and have tried
    every miss typed version I can think of) and now I don't what to do.

To Tired to Remember, Nov 9, 2016
  3. storing passwords

When windows 10 prompts me if I want my password remembered and I click Yes, it never remembers it and will ask again each time I open a program that requires logging on with a username and password.

How do I get it to remember the password?

Barbara

BarbaraHampton, Nov 9, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

How to: Remember log on password?

EdTittel, Nov 9, 2016
  5. Atomcrusher, Nov 10, 2016
  6. Update: I am still unable to auto-sign in to my account

Atomcrusher, Nov 10, 2016
  7. Rantuff Win User
    Rantuff, Nov 11, 2016
  8. EdTittel Win User

Sorry for your trouble. Did you get through the tutorial OK, or did it produce any error messages?
    Thanks for the follow-up,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 11, 2016
  9. Apologies for the late reply Ed .. All is fine now after using the tutorial. Many thanks!

Atomcrusher, Nov 24, 2016
  10. EdTittel Win User
    Glad it helped, and hope you had a nice weekend, too. Our big holiday has me a little slow getting caught back up, too.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to: Remember log on password? - Similar Threads - Remember log password

2. cant remember password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant remember password: I reset my windows 11 laptop but now it asks for the password and i cant Remember it ‍ ive tried answering the secret questions, which i know the answers to, but its saying they are incorrect. How can i get into my computer?...
  3. Do not remember password!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do not remember password!: I do not remember a password to my computer & it says my security answers are not all correct. It has been a couple of years since I have used this computer. It shows up in my devices on Microsoft products but I can’t acces anything else. Please help!!!...
  4. I don't remember my admin password and can't log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't remember my admin password and can't log in: I don't remember my admin password and can't log in. PLEASE HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-remember-my-admin-password-and-cant-log-in/6e04b150-70b5-4398-b206-26bc5daa794b
  5. How do I get Windows 10 to remember my log in password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get Windows 10 to remember my log in password?: I use Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. When I start my computer I have to log in and type in my password. How do I save that password so that automatically allows me to log in? I do not want to have to enter my password every time I turn on my computer....
  6. How do I get Windows 10 to remember my log in password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Windows 10 to remember my log in password?: I use Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. When I start my computer I have to log in and type in my password. How do I save that password so that automatically allows me to log in? I do not want to have to enter my password every time I turn on my computer....
  7. How do I get Windows 10 to remember my log in password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Remember a Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remember a Password: I have an app and everytime I open it, I need to enter the password (it remembers my username). What can I do so it will automatically remember the password so I don't need to input it everytime?...
  9. Edge will not remember passwords!

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not remember passwords!: Passwords do not work on bing. When I try to log in, it has my email stored, but then the password never autofills like Chrome does. Chrome is flawless in this regard, never had an issue. I don't get what is so hard about filling in a password. I can't be typing in complex...
  10. Remember log in

in Browsers and Email
    Remember log in: I have not used Edge browser for sometime, and it used to remember all the not-logged out log-ins, e.g. the login of this forum whenever I return to the browser after closing the window, or turn off the computer. Now, I have to go through the log in again. What settings...