Windows 10: How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu

Discus and support How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all I have recently noticed a ghost app stuck in Start Menu with the name 'ms-resource:AppName\Text'. I want to remove it. [ATTACH] I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by johnwzr0113, Nov 8, 2018.

1. How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu

Hi all

I have recently noticed a ghost app stuck in Start Menu with the name 'ms-resource:AppName\Text'. I want to remove it.

How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu afe71c7b-a8f4-470e-b000-79613fb7307a?upload=true.png

I right-clicked on the app to bring up the app setting page which looks like this:

How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu 678df50a-8257-43a0-8cd7-c9414170ba28?upload=true.png

I tried repairing and uninstalling the app but this did no work.

Then I ran PowerShell as admin and typed in the following command:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.HolographicFirstRun | Remove-AppxPackage

However, it failed to remove the app and advised me to see the event log. I then typed in the following command:

Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 307f1a06-7727-0006-4735-7f302777d401

Here is the screenshot of the PowerShell after running the above commands.

How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu 0aab3d8c-0baf-4df1-a703-f3555a8f12ae?upload=true.png

How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu 6f96ee53-06e4-42fc-9f0d-26b09a737a0c?upload=true.png

Then I typed the following path in the File Explorer.

C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.HolographicFirstRun_cw5n1h2txyewy

But the path did not exist.

BTW, I have a Lenovo laptop and use Windows 10 Version 1809.

Thanks for the help

:)

johnwzr0113, Nov 8, 2018

2. Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/

Hello all,

Using Windows 10 v1511. I have recently uninstalled an app by right-clicking on the start menu and selecting Uninstall.

However, the tile (albeit a blank one) is stuck in the Most Used list in the Start Menu. No matter how many times I right-click on it and select 'Don't show in this list', it still remains and won't budge.

Is there a manual way of removing it from the list?

Thanks! How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu :)

sheldorbaz1nga, Nov 8, 2018
  3. xraiderv1 Win User
    start menu stuck displaying all apps

so...as the title suggests, my stepfather's start menu is stuck on all apps....how do I unfrak this?

How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu [​IMG]

xraiderv1, Nov 8, 2018
  4. How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu

1. How to remove a ghost app stuck in Start Menu - Similar Threads - remove ghost app

2. Ghost icon in the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost icon in the start menu: There is a ghost icon in my start menu after uninstalling the Avira and Facebook app , it looks like they were uninstalled but the icons still there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ghost-icon-in-the-start-menu/efe5bd21-3144-463b-b4ed-183e9f74d179
  3. Ghost icon in the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost icon in the start menu: There is a ghost icon in my start menu after uninstalling the Avira and Facebook app , it looks like they were uninstalled but the icons still there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ghost-icon-in-the-start-menu/efe5bd21-3144-463b-b4ed-183e9f74d179
  4. Ghost icon in the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App: Hi all,I have leftovers of the app; YouTube still in the all apps part of my start menu. It must have been an extension app, I added with the Opera GX browser, however it did not uninstall when I removed that app.I have tried right clicking, to uninstall it from the start...
  6. Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App: Hi all,I have leftovers of the app; YouTube still in the all apps part of my start menu. It must have been an extension app, I added with the Opera GX browser, however it did not uninstall when I removed that app.I have tried right clicking, to uninstall it from the start...
  7. Start menu "Top Apps" Remove

in Cortana
    Start menu "Top Apps" Remove: Hello All, Currently on build 2019.07.30.2227780 and would like to know if there is a way to remove the "Top Apps" from the start menu search bar (Press Start, Enter something to search on, Delete said search, will then display the "Top Apps"). Seems odd to have this show as...
  8. Need help removing "ghost" programs from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help removing "ghost" programs from Start Menu: Hi! New member... Now that that's done, I know the title gives me no justice but I don't know what else to call it... Basically I recently repaired my old Win10 OS with a new Win10 iso. Everything worked like a charm except for one thing... I now have program icons from the...
  9. Removing apps from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing apps from the Start Menu: There are a number of Apps on my Start Menu that I cannot use. I would like to remove them from the start menu to reduce clutter. I was able to remove OneDrive but none of the others, I'm not asking how to uninstall them because I know Microsoft would NEVER allow that....
  10. Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Most Used - App Stuck & Won't Remove :/: Hello all, Using Windows 10 v1511. I have recently uninstalled an app by right-clicking on the start menu and selecting Uninstall. However, the tile (albeit a blank one) is stuck in the Most Used list in the Start Menu. No matter how many times I right-click on it and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove ghost apps from start menu windoows 10

2. how to remove ghost app shortcuts from my right click

3. remove ghost app windows 10

4. REMOVING GHOST APP NAMES,
  5. xbox program stuck in start menu,
  6. windows 10: remove ghost apps start menu,
  7. remove ghost apps from start menu,
  8. old windows programs stuck in start menu,
  9. cannot delete ghost app from start menu,
  10. windows10 app stuck on start,
  11. windows 10 ghost apps in start menu,